Why isn't Conor defending his belt at UFC 209 when he's literally in Vegas w/o pregnant Dee

I think he is in LA.

Maybe hopping he meets them new owners or that other business meeting go down.

IT was all a facade so he didn't have to fight Khabib.

The Floyd fight is simply a way to continue this facade so he still doesn't have to fight Khabib.

He will be stripped of the title soon enough.
You don't see him fighting tony or Khabib in the future? You don't see him in the title picture at all?

Who said he wasn't going to defend the belt? He just isn't going to fight whilst his girlfriend is pregnant, which she will no longer be after giving birth in May.
Conor claimed he would have defended the FW belt but no one asked him. Do you believe that? He made it clear he wasn't defending vs Aldo and they stripped him prior to UFC 206. That was a very lame way of doing it by making the Interim champ Undisputed but them instantly creating an Interim title. Conor was very aware that he had to defend FW or lose it. He is doing whats in his best interest and the UFC screwed up by letting Conor dicate who, what where and when he fights to the point now where he is trying to force a Freakshow Boxing Match to happen. UFC need to make their championships the star of the show and "Stars" be secondary. Name fighters keep fighting and I like to see them but I prefer to have guys become a Name fighter by fighting the best and proving who Ultimately is best.

Conor is called a Fraud as a champion but he isn't. He won in the cage vs Aldo and Alvarez. He is doing what the UFC will let him to line his pockets and that's what all "Prize Fighters" are supposed to do. UFC is supposed to make it more lucrative for them to fight and defend then it is to not. Its on the UFC and I am not sure if they will ever be able to Unring that bell.

Somebody explain to me why it isn't Conor vs Khabib at 209? Why is Tony and Khabib fighting for an interim belt when the CHAMP is healthy and IN LAS VEGAS as we speak while pregnant Dee is at home.

<{cruzshake}>

He's afraid to lose... it's obvious. He's a narcissist. No win - no attention - no Conor.

Conor claimed he would have defended the FW belt but no one asked him. Do you believe that?

Yes.

He made it clear he wasn't defending vs Aldo and they stripped him prior to UFC 206.

The fight with Eddie was the more appealing fight for the first show at MSG to everyone apart from obviously Aldo and his fans.

Sounds like that baby is going to be a special little snowflake later in life
You need to research what stress can do to a pregnant woman and her baby. This is downright stupid to criticize the man for trying to have a healthy baby. That has nothing to do with how you raise a child and if they are going to need a safe space or not.

He's biding his time for the most favorable money match up. Conor, the UFC, and all his fans will lie and deflect until that happens.

You don't see him fighting tony or Khabib in the future? You don't see him in the title picture at all?

No....I don't.

I think there is a strong possibility he's done with MMA. IF he fights again, his next fight will be against Nate Diaz and it won't be for any title.

what Conor did was incredible (winning 2 belts and all fights leading up to that) and he is smart and right to call out the UFC higher-ups that he's in control and they need to be calling him. Why would he set himself up for a big payday/holdout and take a fight?

hes a businessman first. doesn't care about legacy cares about success. cant say I blame him. going from welfare to where he is now, I'd do the same. In fact, I think most sane men would fight Floyd may weather for 20+ million, over Khabib

I said it then, and I'll say it now. "Baby leave" months before the baby gets here is a cop out. I understand maybe a month out and a month after the baby gets here, but he was talking about taking baby leave back in November. These are the little things that make it hard to take Conor seriously or even respect him.

So what if he's there for a fucking weekend, he's not doing a training camp. Just because his wife is pregnant doesn't mean that he needs to be with her every waking second of everyday. Everyone knows now important Dee is to Conor so I'm sure he's spent the majority of his time by her side during her pregnancy.

These are the little things that make it hard to take Conor seriously or even respect him.

He had a HUGE and very busy year last year, give him a break.

The girlfriend isn't due to give birth to aound early summer so this excuse has never really held water with me. If they wanted him to fight within a month of the due date then that would be an entirely different matter but its not.
Whats that got to do with anything? You can have pregnancy issues all throughout the pregnancy, not only right before it's due. Stress is bad for a pregnant woman. It can endanger the child and cause complications. Why the hell should Conor risk the health of his first child for a fight? Even if there is a .002% chance of a negative effect, why take ithe chance when he doesn't have to considering that the topic here is his child?

He has to do a 3 month camp and weight cut. That's 3 months of him being in mental fight mode, being on a diet, doing media, media asking his wife and family questions. All that is stress. He is not going to be a caring and considerate guy when he's training all day, doing media scrums, negotiating deals, and then comes home to an emotional pregnant wife that wants him to go out and buy her pickles and massage her feet.
You haters are absurd. The guy just fought in November. He deserves a break

Who said he wasn't going to defend the belt? He just isn't going to fight whilst his girlfriend is pregnant, which she will no longer be after giving birth in May.

That's a bull shit excuse to get time off and not defend. He lied to the UFC as to why he wanted time off. It's obvious to pursue business ventured and get the Mayweather fight done. This thread is exposing that in a subtle way to his brainless fanbase.

Back