Why is WMMA striking so terrible?

I think it has something to do with how their bodies are built, it's like they aren't built to throw proper punches and kicks, well besides Cyborg anyways. Besides the natural reasons I bet the male body has developed for combat over the centuries, women were never allowed on the battlefield and basically just did house chores for the longest time.

Not to be a dick or anything but haven't you noticed the difference in skill in all male vs female sports?

I don't see many killers Though and maybe that has to do with t levels

The biological answer:
Because the human fist has in part evolved as a weapon, and for most of human history men have been doing the fighting to protect the women and children.

Men's musculature is simply evolved to lift, carry, pull, shove, crush, smash, and pummel.

Tate is the truth. ;)

Dumb ass.

:)

Much smaller talent pool - most women are grappling based. And even in striking sports, women tend to be terrible. Look at Holly Holm, who won a shitload of titles despite bad fundamentals and winning mainly based on athleticism.

Experience in a lot of cases (not all). A lot of guys have been doing martial arts at a high level since they were kids. Peggy Morgan got into it when she put her son into a class.

You don't typically hear of guys starting MMA or martial arts training a couple years before, unless they were collegiate wrestlers before that.

Being naturally dosed with higher levels of anabolic steroids probably helps too.

I think it has something to do with how their bodies are built, it's like they aren't built to throw proper punches and kicks, well besides Cyborg anyways. Besides the natural reasons I bet the male body has developed for combat over the centuries, women were never allowed on the battlefield and basically just did house chores for the longest time.

amanda-nunes

:D

Don't most of these women train in the same camps as the men?
Why are very few WMMA fighters proficient in boxing/MMA striking?

Do the training camps overemphasize the ground game for women?

Honestly, I think JJ and Holly Holm have excellent striking because of their training and experience before they got into MMA.

So is MMA striking training for WMMA mostly ineffective? Is the only hope to take boxers and kickboxers and convert them into WMMA fighters?
They're girls.
smaller pool to draw from then men..

women normally don't like to take shots to the face (no brazzer)

therefore less coaches

less exposure ..

etc etc etc
Joanna didn't destroy but she's still amazing. So is Val.
Same reason the WNBA is terrible
Joanna J and Holly aren't too shabby.

the real answer is that most of the people in WMMA are women.
most women boxers and kickboxers are also terrible compared to their male counterparts.

The pool of fighters is just way smaller. should be clear for everyone who ever went to a gym.
The talent pool is much smaller than for males. Even so, both champs are more technical than many male fighters.
I know we are never supposed to note the differences between males and females in today's politically correct society but I feel the striking differences comes down to the same principles as baseball vs softball pitching.

In baseball men overhand pitch while in softball women underhand pitch. there is something about male vs female shoulders/clavicals/chest(titties!) that allows men more power and use of their arms.

Plus apparently homo sapiens are the only species to chuck spears and we all know males were the hunters!
I see plenty of MMMA fighters that have terrible striking, but they're ignored/overshadowed because of the good ones.

Not to mention that a lot of MMMA fans simply point out every single woman whose striking they don't feel is up to par with the best ones.
Less coordination. Evolution favored men to fight with more predatory instinct.
Unpopular opinion: JJ and Holm are overrated.
Yes sure you can see left highkick counter to right lowkick, while moving backward, everytime guys enter octagon.
They lack the manpower
Not to be a dick or anything but haven't you noticed the difference in skill in all male vs female sports?

I don't see many killers Though and maybe that has to do with t levels
The biological answer:
Because the human fist has in part evolved as a weapon, and for most of human history men have been doing the fighting to protect the women and children.

Men's musculature is simply evolved to lift, carry, pull, shove, crush, smash, and pummel.
You've got to take the good...
Rose-Namajunas-def-Joanna-Jedrzejczyk-via-KO-Punches-part-2.gif
Valentina-Shevchenko-JAB-and-CHECK-RH-HLs-vs-Holly-Holm_zpscal7rv9y.gif

with the bad...
LongPossibleGrayreefshark-size_restricted.gif
ronda-rousey-terrible-boxing-2.gif

There's also a lot (not as much) of garbage technique with the guys, it's just most of them have enough raw power to mask it a little. Most people don't complain about it when the other guy ends up crumpled on the mat.

Do the training camps overemphasize the ground game for women?Honestly, I think JJ and Holly Holm have excellent striking because of their training and experience before they got into MMA.

So is MMA striking training for WMMA mostly ineffective? Is the only hope to take boxers and kickboxers and convert them into WMMA fighters?

Most of the very best male strikers in MMA had a striking background beforehand as well, the likes of TJ and Fedor becoming world class strikers without it is relatively rare.

Hahahaha Jesus Christ. Was expecting some SJW response.
Because you think I'm a SJW...or because the first two gifs were showing some good striking by women and you didn't expect me to post two subsequent gifs showing bad striking?

Because you think I'm a SJW...or because the first two gifs were showing some good striking by women and you didn't expect me to post two subsequent gifs showing bad striking?

Nah just coz of what I said I was expecting some fanboi with 0 knowledge.

because, out side of a few lifers, most of them got in to mma as a way to lose weight or stay fit then. You cannot make up for years and years of martial arts training in 3-5 yrs of training.

Holly
JJ (as much as I hate her)
Karolina Kowlkiewicz
blonde chick at 125 who beat holly

also Chris (Jason Parillo has cleaned her striking up alot) and Rose.

The rest rely on athleticism and size but technique is pretty lacking from what I can see

I know this might sound strange to some, but I think a lot of it depends on which girls were tomboys when they were young.

I think most animals (including humans) physically play when they’re young, to develop their strength, balance, coordination, agility, etc, etc. This early practice is invaluable for success in future sports endeavors. I think it creates neuropathways that most wont develop, even with intense training. Since most girls aren’t as physically active like boys growing up, some have no comprehension of how to use their bodies effectively.

Back