Why is Nate Diaz avoiding the mma fight with Jake Paul?

Probably he come to realise that he's nothing but a boxer In 4 ounce gloves inside an octagon and jake will just box him up and beat his ass again. Clearly nate would sub him on the ground but jake is likely big and strong enough, also no stranger to some wrestling to keep it standing. Nate is no kicker either. Jake would likely beat him in mma sadly

I'm not sure Nate is avoiding it.......he is just doing what he does and keeping his options wide open.

But closing in on 40 he better start trying to make these fights happen.

Typically fighters turn down fights for financial reasons. But PFL is offering him the biggest payout of his entire career. It doesnt seem to be over money.

I have this theory that Nate still believes he has something to accomplish in mma. A trilogy fight with Conor perhaps. If he lost to Jake Paul in mma it will essentially kill the chances of future big fights. He would be the guy who lost to the 0-0 YouTuber in his own sport.

Boxing he was willing to risk it. It's not his sport, Jake Paul has some wins, beat a legend in Anderson Silva. But mma changes the stakes. So even though it's a massive payday, he isnt willing to risk it.

i'm sure its because of the size difference - makes no sense and lets' face it, we all know that the details of the contract are not public. there is a reason why it is not happening and its not because of nate.

Even his simple mind understands a loss hurts his reputation bad if it's to jake paul in an mma fight. And he probably really felt how slow he was compared to the much younger paul. He got dropped with boxing mitts on, take those same punches with 4 oz gloves and it's bad news. Jake Paul has real punching power, he's ko'd professionals cold. If Nate could wrestle this probably wouldn't be an issue and would take the fight in a heart beat for easy pay. But if there's one thing the Diaz brothers have always sucked ass at it, it's wrestling. And where the paul brothers apparently wrestled a bit and in a very strong wrestling state, and where Jake is definitely bigger than nate. He might be able to stop nates take downs. It's a tough reality to accept but Jake is both the better striker, and wrestler despite never having competed or trained for MMA. If he got caught up in a grappling exchange yeah he probably loses by getting caught in a sub. But he might be athletic enough and big enough to prevent any real grappling from taking place with the older and shitty wrestler Nate Diaz if he gets himself some great MMA coaches to put a game plan together with him that they drill.

There's nothing in MMA that would make a difference. Nate isn't going to start throwing a ton of kicks or turn into a D1 wrestler, so he might as well stick with boxing rules where they'd have the same fight anyway, but it's not embarrassing if he loses.
I think a younger Nate might have found a way to win...and I'd bet on prime Nick vs. current Jake in MMA. But Nate now has a big disadvantage in youth, athleticism, strength, etc. and no longer has the cardio for endless "punches in bunches." Just the pressure alone from a younger Diaz might have forced a slip, a clinch or some way for Jake to end up on the ground so Nate could sub him. But he's just too old and low energy now.

i'm sure its because of the size difference - makes no sense and lets' face it, we all know that the details of the contract are not public. there is a reason why it is not happening and its not because of nate.

If there's something shady about the contract he should speak on it. They are publicly offering him 10-15 million.

Rumor is Nate is going to be boxing Masvidal. Not sure how profitable that is. I think he should take the mma fight with Jake. I can see Jake giving up his neck quite easily.

He's saving the sport of MMA from ridicule. If Jake wins it's really going to be a black mark on mma.

Nate will not fight for any MMA org other than the UFC.

Boxing is another matter, since the UFC doesn't do boxing.

Nate has other big $$$ options beyond Jake Paul + PFL.

It really is that simple.

I think he realized it's not worth the money to be in fake fights with clowns

If boxing is fake, mma is a perfect way for Nate to get revenge is it not? You have a point though...no way Diaz should get back in the ufc after embarrassing himself to a youtuber.

It's shady to turn put 10 mils. I think he has some agreement with the UFC that he honors.

Because he would lose lol.
Paul probably beats a lot of ufc fighters in mma 170 lbs and below because of his competent boxing. I do think most 185ers knock his block off though.

He can't take Jake down and he's already lost the standup. Put it in a 3 round fight and his greatest strength - aka cardio - is greatly diminished.

Because he would lose lol.
Paul probably beats a lot of ufc fighters in mma 170 lbs and below because of his competent boxing. I do think most 185ers knock his block off though.

Paul loses to guys with kicks, clinch or ground game for sure. Problem is Nate has none of those.

Typically fighters turn down fights for financial reasons. But PFL is offering him the biggest payout of his entire career. It doesnt seem to be over money.

I have this theory that Nate still believes he has something to accomplish in mma. A trilogy fight with Conor perhaps. If he lost to Jake Paul in mma it will essentially kill the chances of future big fights. He would be the guy who lost to the 0-0 YouTuber in his own sport.

Boxing he was willing to risk it. It's not his sport, Jake Paul has some wins, beat a legend in Anderson Silva. But mma changes the stakes. So even though it's a massive payday, he isnt willing to risk it.
because PFL is minor league bullshit, Nate is a Major League MMA athlete.

Back