Why is Nate Diaz avoiding the mma fight with Jake Paul?

Conor trilogy fight, they seem about right for each other career wise. Both 2-3 in their last 5, not great wins but losing to quality.

Nate clearly has something against fighting in another MMA promotion, if you hear him talk about it he clearly thinks it's beneath him.

No proof that Jake Paul has any sort of cardio when it comes to MMA where clinching and grappling are involved.

Nate is shot though and Jake Paul is in his prime so he has that to his advantage.

Because if he goes to PFL then Jake is his daddy and the A side, and Nate doesn't like that

Nate went out there and tried to beat Jake and failed. Tried his hardest and didn't even really make it competitive. Sure, people would turn and and tune in to see him try to level the score in MMA. But not the kind of numbers a fight with Conor would. Not even close. Possibly not even as winnable a fight... And he would have fuck all to gain. Literally nothing but bragging rights over a nobody in the sport if he wins. If he loses. .. He's below Woodley, SIlva and Askren .. A terrible fight for him at this stage

Typically fighters turn down fights for financial reasons. But PFL is offering him the biggest payout of his entire career. It doesnt seem to be over money.

I have this theory that Nate still believes he has something to accomplish in mma. A trilogy fight with Conor perhaps. If he lost to Jake Paul in mma it will essentially kill the chances of future big fights. He would be the guy who lost to the 0-0 YouTuber in his own sport.

Boxing he was willing to risk it. It's not his sport, Jake Paul has some wins, beat a legend in Anderson Silva. But mma changes the stakes. So even though it's a massive payday, he isnt willing to risk it.
Paul is big and I don't think Diaz is too sure of himself after their fight. He knows Paul has a wrestling background, Diaz don't want to risk the embarrassment if he loses in his own discipline. I might be wrong but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:
I think he realized it's not worth the money to be in fake fights with clowns

Who the fuck cares anymore? Diaz is retired and looking for paychecks. Lets not indulge him or Paul in pretending like we as fight fans actually give a shit about those two.

Nate is old and way way past his physical, mental and conditioning prime.

Jake Paul is a douchebag who is in his physical prime and naturally bigger and more athletic.

Nate was offered the smoke and said, no thank you.

Nobody has accused Nate Diaz of being a particularly bright individual.
"Mommy, Mommy! That bald man is in the girl's bathroom and he has something hard in his pants!"

Reactions: TR1
Back