Why is it OK for Ronda to take time off but not Cyborg?

.... looking for place where she demands a fight before a march training camp ..... can't find it....

NOPE! Try again.

She wants to fight. She will fight ANYONE at 145.

The issue is the timing. That's it. Comier backed out of 206 because of timing. At the time of UFC 206 he would not be fit to fight. But he still wants to fight in the future.
Yeah, but why publicly say she's going to leave if they don't create the weight class whilst simultaneously turning down fights at that weight class? Seems to me she shouldn't be talking at all. Cormier backed out of a fight because of an acute injury that could possibly change the outcome of the fight. Cyborg didn't accept these fights because she isn't sure how her body is going to respond and her mental facilities are not all there. She can't determine whether or not she can fight, while Cormier can determine he cannot fight in this certain fight. Very different.

Plenty of people have given both Conor and especially Ronda tons of shit for taking time off, dunno wtf you're talking about.

Conor received shit because he was holding up two divisions. Then they announced he vacated the FW belt and you hardly see people complaining anymore. I don't see anybody criticizing Ronda for taking time off per se either. Taking time off is essentially a non issue unless you're holding up a division.

She shares responsibility for her own body. If you need 12 weeks to drop weight properly, don't agree to do it in 8 weeks. Don't hire someone to do the impossible without accepting the negative consequences. She's been walking a fine line with her massive weight cuts even at 145. She should know her body. Accepting a fight with 1/3 less time to make weight is dangerous and ill-advised.
I don't understand your post. That wasn't TS' question.

Cyborg is taking responsibility. She is taking time off to recover. She is losing money and being torn to shreds by her boss in the media. Which btw is against the UFC's best interest.

She was anemic (apparently) and she isn't even trying to fight before March. What more do you want from her?

That analogy would only work if Rumble wasn't offered any fights at 170.
Except she has a ton of options at 145. She's still Invicta champ and now the UFC is offering her a 145 title shot. The past is past. Whatever. I think she really did try to see if she could make 135 (just only on water weight which was stupid). I'm not mad at her for that. I just don't want to hear her talking about 135ers ever again unless she sheds the muscle. If 145 is now dangerous, she needs to start looking at fights with women her own size.

Except she has a ton of options at 145. She's still Invicta champ and now the UFC is offering her a 145 title shot. The past is past. Whatever. I think she really did try to see if she could make 135 (just only on water weight which was stupid). I'm not mad at her for that. I just don't want to hear her talking about 135ers ever again unless she sheds the muscle. If 145 is now dangerous, she needs to start looking at fights with women her own size.
Was she offered those fights at 145? Or are you guessing?

Btw who pays Cyborg when she fights in Invicta?

Yeah, but why publicly say she's going to leave if they don't create the weight class whilst simultaneously turning down fights at that weight class? Seems to me she shouldn't be talking at all. Cormier backed out of a fight because of an acute injury that could possibly change the outcome of the fight. Cyborg didn't accept these fights because she isn't sure how her body is going to respond and her mental facilities are not all there. She can't determine whether or not she can fight, while Cormier can determine he cannot fight in this certain fight. Very different.

Cormier gets to decide when he fights.

So why can't Cyborg. She wants to fight and she knows when she will be ready. She knows her health better than anyone!

Dana says GSP doesn't want to fight but he says he does. Does Dana know more than GSP about his health and willingness?

Cyborg wants to fight at 145 when her body and mind are healthy and she can perform her best in the sport she has chosen (and has proven herself champion), but Dana wants to publicly harm her for daring to make decisions about her own health.

I don't understand your post. That wasn't TS' question.

Cyborg is taking responsibility. She is taking time off to recover. She is losing money and being torn to shreds by her boss in the media. Which btw is against the UFC's best interest.

She was anemic (apparently) and she isn't even trying to fight before March. What more do you want from her?
I ask her to not be careless with her body and not accept fights which require dangerous weight cuts.

Do you think it would be smart for McGregor to accept a fight at 140 lbs on short notice knowing his trouble to make 145?

I ask her to not be careless with her body and not accept fights which require dangerous weight cuts.

Do you think it would be smart for McGregor to accept a fight at 140 lbs on short notice knowing his trouble to make 145?
OMG! this isn't about mcgregor. You guys are obsessed.

Was she offered those fights at 145? Or are you guessing?

Btw who pays Cyborg when she fights in Invicta?
She confirmed today that she was offered 145 title shots and turned them down because 8 weeks isn't enough time for her to safely make 145 right now.

Who cares who pays her in Invicta? How is that relevant here? There are fights at 145 to be had there. If Ronda weren't a big deal in the UFC, she never would have even taken a fight in the UFC. It's an option for her. She's still champ there. The UFC would like to keep her here, because she's enough of a name to sell a little bit and WMMA needs that, but Invicta has always been an option. At least that's what Cyborg said.

She confirmed today that she was offered 145 title shots and turned them down because 8 weeks isn't enough time for her to safely make 145 right now.

Who cares who pays her in Invicta? How is that relevant here? There are fights at 145 to be had there. If Ronda weren't a big deal in the UFC, she never would have even taken a fight in the UFC. It's an option for her. She's still champ there. The UFC would like to keep her here, because she's enough of a name to sell a little bit and WMMA needs that, but Invicta has always been an option. At least that's what Cyborg said.
You know damn well I meant before the weight cut.

Cormier gets to decide when he fights.

So why can't Cyborg. She wants to fight and she knows when she will be ready. She knows her health better than anyone!

Dana says GSP doesn't want to fight but he says he does. Does Dana know more than GSP about his health and willingness?

Cyborg wants to fight at 145 when her body and mind are healthy and she can perform her best in the sport she has chosen (and has proven herself champion), but Dana wants to publicly harm her for daring to make decisions about her own health.
I'm fine with all that. But why do you think Dana is coming out and talking about this in the first place? Because just days ago she said she'd leave the UFC if they didn't make the 145 pound division. Now we know she hasn't accepted fights in the 145 pound. Her reasoning for not taking them is fine. But why are you going to poke the hornet's nest that is Dana White, when you know you aren't accepting fights? Just be quiet and concern yourself with your problems. I don't think anyone with depression ought to be making very bold public statements. Just work on yourself and be ready in the future.

You know damn well I meant before the weight cut.
You were replying to a post where I was pretty clear I was talking about going forward, not the past (which I am understanding about). No, I didn't know you meant that.

You were replying to a post where I was pretty clear I was talking about going forward, not the past (which I am understanding about). No, I didn't know you meant that.
Who pays her in Invicta is pretty important. The UFC pays her when she fights in the UFC and Invicta.

My point is... it is against the UFC's best interests to shit on their investment. They didn't have to sign her and pay her at least 6 figures every time she fights.

Conor received shit because he was holding up two divisions. Then they announced he vacated the FW belt and you hardly see people complaining anymore. I don't see anybody criticizing Ronda for taking time off per se either. Taking time off is essentially a non issue unless you're holding up a division.

Cyborg wont have defended her Invicta belt in over a year.

Shes holding up a division (of about 4 people)

OMG! this isn't about mcgregor. You guys are obsessed.
It doesn't matter who it is. Don't try to lose and cut an unhealthy amount of weight too rapidly.

She always talks about fear of not having babies someday yet, with the decisions Cyborg's making, she's hurting herself.

Taking 1 year off after receiving brain damage = Understandable

Taking 6 months off to 'recover' from a weight cut = Lol
How about taking 6 months+ off because your girlfriend is pregnant.

Nothing wrong with neither. Cyborg documented her weight cut and she did look turrible. She's not so young anymore. And she asks for 3 months, then she's ready to take a fight, so it's no big deal.

Back