Why is it OK for Ronda to take time off but not Cyborg?

She was offered to fight for a new belt and said no. Cyborg needs to be usadad every day for a month

Ronda got depressed, wanted to commit suicide and took more than a year off over a single TKO. Dana didn't say a word.

I don't see why Cyborg can't take some time to recover after the last weight cut.

Cyborg:

She says she is not healthy enough to fight at this time, but will be in March.

Does she get to determine that, or DO YOU?
If she is medically cleared to fight (which she is) and no doctor has come forth to corroborate her "severe depression" (which one would need since she's no doctor herself to give herself that diagnosis) then she's talking out of her ass--making excuses like you are.

Thanks for not addressing the other facts I posted destroying your argument. Just proves you were talking out of your ass too.

Tell her to sign the contract or cut her and send her back to fighting in Vegas parking lots

But she said she is ready in a few months. That's it. She didn't turn down an opponent. Obviously things change after she had to fight at 140 with a horrible UFC nutritionist that harmed her body. She still wants to fight at 145.
she says a lot of things......all the time, frequently contradicting herself
when you cry wolf so often you cant be surprised if youre not believed

One took time off because she got her ass beat. The other is taking time off to ride bikes. She enjoys her cycling.

If she is medically cleared to fight (which she is) and no doctor has come forth to corroborate her "severe depression" (which one would need since she's no doctor herself to give herself that diagnosis) then she's talking out of her ass--making excuses like you are.

Thanks for not addressing the other facts I posted destroying your argument. Just proves you were talking out of your ass too.

I will continue to ignore your nonsense that completely misses the point. You're welcome.

A fighter gets to decide when they want to fight. FREEDOM!

I've been a pretty vocal critic of Conor, but it's really hard to criticize someone for taking six months off after taking four fights in twelve months, especially when you consider how often fighters take a break immediately after winning a belt.

Yeah, but It's not like the UFC was pressuring him to move up and fight RDA. Conor begged the UFC for a title shot. Then he lost to Nate Diaz and demanded a rematch. Then he demanded the very same title shot at 155, all without ever defending the 145 title. I think it's pretty easy to criticize him. His duty was to defend the 145 belt above everything else. He failed to defend it like a champion should.

Cyborg is gonna get a nice long break for her weight cutting once usada catches her again.

Yeah, but It's not like the UFC was pressuring him to move up and fight RDA. Conor begged the UFC for a title shot. Then he lost to Nate Diaz and demanded a rematch. Then he demanded the very same title shot at 155, all without ever defending the 145 title. I think it's pretty easy to criticize him. His duty was to defend the 145 belt above everything else. He failed to defend it like a champion should.

Yes, he should absolutely have defended the 145 title,

But right now we're at a point where's had a lot of fights in a short time, and a break is reasonable.

I think taking time off during a pregnancy for a man is weird. I've been pregnant full term thrice, and I never took off work until the last week or so. But a man taking time off after the baby is born to look after his family is very sensible.

With my first kid, we were still young and financially unstable (relatively). So my husband went back to work after a week and a half. It was hell on me to take care of that kid by myself in the physical and emotional condition I was in. It was one of the hardest parts of my life. Our last kid we had the luxury of my husband taking twelve weeks off to be at home with the kids and I. It was wonderful, one of the happiest parts of my life.
I'm all for paternity leave. My point was that it's OK to take time off for your wife or girlfriend but to take time off for yourself is something to be ridiculed? If Ronda or Cyborg or anyone thinks their head isn't in the game and they need to take a break, they should take a break. They are (supposedly) independent contractors and should be able determine their own work schedule without undue pressure from the UFC. I will say that the timing of this break seems inopportune as the UFC seems to be ready to give Cyborg what she has been asking for the whole time. It's possible she is holding out for more money.

If she wants time off then she need to quit bitching while she is away.

Does the UFC get to demand when fighters fight?

Even when they are sick? Physically or mentally? Isn't mental illness a big problem in the US (depression, PTSD, etc)? Isn't mental illness the real problem (not Guns!) in the US?

Conor is taking time off.

Ronda took a year off.

Cyborg is physically drained and depressed.

Whatever the reason, why don't fighters get to decide when they feel ready to fight without being publicly condemned? Or are they not free people anymore?

Or is mental illness still not taken seriously? Hurt your knee and it is understandable. Hurt your brain and it isn't?

They can take as much time off as they want, but the UFC has contractual obligations to offer them a certain number of fights within a certain period of time.

If she is mentally ill then she better get treatment and one has to question if she should be fighting at all. But really I have to wonder about all this. If there is a real problem then it needs to be taken seriously and taken care as best it can. If it's a litany of excuses and business maneuvers then it's really cynical and cheap. I suspect that she would instantly accept a fight against Ronda at 145 lbs.

No UFC fighter needs any reason or excuse to fight or not fight when they want. They are INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. They are not employees. Learn the difference. DFW may not like it but there's not a damn thing be can do about it except complain.

When you get ur ass kicked that bad....you get back in the gym to avoid getting murdered.....no shame in that

i find it hilarious that dana white himself insinuated that she turned down fights because shes on the juice.

are we being technical,maybe not usada but some other drug testing org. point still stands.
The point does not stand because she has passed every test for the last 5 years including all 12 USADA tests in the past year. USADA is the gold standard of PED testing in MMA and if they haven't caught her yet then it's a safe bet that she is clean. Besides, think about this logically. It's true, she has been caught once and has received more grief and notoriety than any other one-time doper in MMA. If she were to be caught again, it would be the end of her career at this level. She doesn't need to dope to win so it makes absolutely no sense that she would be on the juice at this point.

she says a lot of things......all the time, frequently contradicting herself
when you cry wolf so often you cant be surprised if youre not believed
You contradict yourself all the time too penis wacker.

Back