Why is France so weak in producing athletes?

They joke about this alot on WN forums....that the French national teams should be called the Senegal team

The funny thing is there are alot of great french "french" athletes but they're busy doing some bullshit sport that isn't popular or they compete in amateur competition like christian lemaitre

Funny thing about demographics in general is sometimes the numbers don't matter anyway

Russia has nearly just a third of the male population of the United states...yet produces a disproportionate number of physically blessed and gifted athletes
And dominate or compete at the highest echelons of international sports

On the flips side of the coin unlike france,
East European nations nary use an immigrant on their national teams

I just don't think france really gives a shit who represents the country....that's kind of the attitude in general that makes french well french

<Fedor23>

No offense to France by the way but what's sports do they excel at in general....soccer?, I see they have Riner and a good judo team....some track guys like lemaitre?...anything else?
Russia is not great at producing athletes.... their female athletes are better than their male

Serious question, why are nearly all their great athletes from Africa?

Looking at the demographics, only about 4% of the population is of black African descent, yet they seem to make up 90% of their top athletes.

US on the other hand has three times more percentage wise, and while a good number of their athletes are African Americans, it's not nearly as lopsided.

france-french-national-football-team-players-pose-prior-to-the-2006-picture-id54462443

fra_fencing.jpg

884619908.jpg.0.jpg

cheick-kongo.jpg

All you have to do is take a history class to see they're p*ssies.

History indicates that they are not great at producing soldiers either.

Russia is not great at producing athletes.... their female athletes are better than their male

The females respond better to the vitamin regiment.

The truth
ya hard head serb

Are you even from serbia?...the average height for males there is nearly six feet tall....how do you not see this?

What's the carribbean average 5'9?

Obviously not all black people in France are 6'8 280. I thought you were referring to absolute figures, not relative to the population.

I'm from Montenegro, I'd say the average height there is 6'1-6'2. You see freaks above 7 feet on the regular. I haven't seen bigger people on average anywhere on earth. Then again, I've never been to Cameroon so can't say if the citizens in Ngannou's city have some magic water that is turning people into giants.

On a different note, I do have a hard head.

France has some great athletes, a better question is where are all the athletes from India?

Not just a huge population overall, but they have a very large and growing number of very well-educated, strong and athletic people and yet shocking few acclaimed athletes. They get excited about a couple bronze medals at the Olympics. They must truly have the worst training system and athletic federations ever.

Give me examples? In football the only decent white player I can think of in recent memory is Griezman. I can name about 20 great French African players for every white one. That is a sport where both races excel in fairly equally, so why is it so one sided?
I'm not sure if your numbers are accurate, but hypothetically speaking, IF that is the case, it could be similar to the situation in american sports, or Brazilian soccer, where class plays into it.

It isn't that black athletes are necessarily better, but there seems to be a larger number of kids from low income backgrounds that view a sporting career as their only viable option of getting out of poverty, and in a lot of countries, many blacks come from low income backgrounds.

There are successful rich kids and white kids in sports too, don't get me wrong, and some of them do go on to have pro careers, but when you're a poor kid out in the street with nothing else to do but kick a ball around and dream of a better life, I'm sure it helps you get there, skills wise.

Average joe white kid (or pierre) may be great at soccer too, but if he also has options for medical school, he might make that choice instead.

I'm only basing that on my personal observation that a lot of famous athletes from all races seem to come from poor and humble beginnings.

I have no stats. None of this is asserted as fact, just hypothetical pondering.

France has some great athletes, a better question is where are all the athletes from India?

Not just a huge population overall, but they have a very large and growing number of very well-educated, strong and athletic people and yet shocking few acclaimed athletes. They get excited about a couple bronze medals at the Olympics. They must truly have the worst training system and athletic federations ever.
Probably too busy raping their women

He said it's not nearly at lopsided compared to French sports teams where white athlete participation is seemingly at single digits

In the NFL there is around 40% non black
And much than than that in MLB (counting white Hispanics which the multicult sports industry doesn't to like to do)

You are probably on to something though with correlation to wealth and participating in a sport as a means to making it...seeing as in the 70's-80's the NFL was in versed and was over 70% white....and in that time white wealth has expanded while white athlete participation has gone....although I wouldn't say the money is from "white privelaged networking" and hurry derrivitave raceest wall street voodoo like you begrudgingly try to make out

I can't help whites/Asians and Hispanics are hard working and know how to be sucessful more

You lost me in your last sentence if the implication is that blacks are not hard working and know how to succeed. That's either racist or stupid. I've lived in Indiana and been to West Virginia where most people on welfare are whites. Those people have been left off the social ladder or have very little opportunity to succeed in their community. It has nothing to do with their race. Wealth normally takes generations to build, and very few people are "self-made." And for many blacks, their grandparent generation couldn't even get a certain job or attend a certain school. There are many factors that goes into what make a certain community rich or poor. To say that some people are more determined and stronger because of their skin color is at the height of ignorance. By the way, if you've been to China, you'd see millions of lazy Asians as you would see lazy whites here in America. Go to Africa and some places in the US where black mothers have two, three jobs and still can't make ends meet. It has nothing to do with race. Get educated and add a dose of common sense to it.

I'm not sure if your numbers are accurate, but hypothetically speaking, IF that is the case, it could be similar to the situation in american sports, or Brazilian soccer, where class plays into it.

It isn't that black athletes are necessarily better, but there seems to be a larger number of kids from low income backgrounds that view a sporting career as their only viable option of getting out of poverty, and in a lot of countries, many blacks come from low income backgrounds.

There are successful rich kids and white kids in sports too, don't get me wrong, and some of them do go on to have pro careers, but when you're a poor kid out in the street with nothing else to do but kick a ball around and dream of a better life, I'm sure it helps you get there, skills wise.

Average joe white kid (or pierre) may be great at soccer too, but if he also has options for medical school, he might make that choice instead.

I'm only basing that on my personal observation that a lot of famous athletes from all races seem to come from poor and humble beginnings.

I have no stats. None of this is asserted as fact, just hypothetical pondering.

Well-said. It has nothing to do with race or nationality. It's all about economic class and social structures.

Well-said. It has nothing to do with race or nationality. It's all about economic class and social structures.

We've got a race creationist here...

But seriously, it might have something to do with France's best men dying during WWI...

Back