Why is France so weak in producing athletes?

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Serious question, why are nearly all their great athletes from Africa?

Looking at the demographics, only about 4% of the population is of black African descent, yet they seem to make up 90% of their top athletes.

US on the other hand has three times more percentage wise, and while a good number of their athletes are African Americans, it's not nearly as lopsided.

france-french-national-football-team-players-pose-prior-to-the-2006-picture-id54462443

fra_fencing.jpg

884619908.jpg.0.jpg

cheick-kongo.jpg

Looking at the demographics, only about 4% of the population is of black African descent, yet they seem to make up 90% of their top athletes.

I honestly wouldn't believe those demographics / statistics.
There's a lot more black Africans in France than those 4%, they probably don't count the people that already have french citizenship.
Also all the people that live in french (african) colonies technically also count as french, despite having a different ethnicity.

Although your point still stands, there's a disproportionate amount of black athletes in France.

Class

White people in france like rugby

it doesn't explain it all, but it's relevant at least regard to the football team

here in UK rugby is an upper class sport, mostly play it if you went to private shool or a big grammar school

I honestly wouldn't believe those demographics / statistics.
There's a lot more black Africans in France than those 4%, they probably don't count the people that already have french citizenship.
Ok, so even if it's double that number... triple... even it it's a third of the population (which is not even close to it), where is all the white athletes??

US on the other hand has three times more percentage wise, and while a good number of their athletes are African Americans, it's not nearly as lopsided.

france-french-national-football-team-players-pose-prior-to-the-2006-picture-id54462443

fra_fencing.jpg

884619908.jpg.0.jpg

cheick-kongo.jpg

There s a lot of black athletes in France
There s a lot of white athletes in France
I just think you have absolutely no idea what you re talking about

Ok, so even if it's double that number... triple... even it it's a third of the population (which is not even close to it), where is all the white athletes??

Many of those 'black' athletes are actually white athletes in black face.

video_image-470465.jpg

Ever heard of Christophe Lemaitre? First white man to break the 10 second barrier in running, so not all non-African French athletes are bad.

There s a lot of black athletes in France
There s a lot of white athletes in France
I just think you have absolutely no idea what you re talking about
Give me examples? In football the only decent white player I can think of in recent memory is Griezman. I can name about 20 great French African players for every white one. That is a sport where both races excel in fairly equally, so why is it so one sided?

6'8 280 judo legend Teddy Riner

564d81a90de18e9b8d5c635e9bc10afa--teddy-riner-mens-fitness.jpg

Give me examples? In football the only decent white player I can think of in recent memory is Griezman. I can name about 20 great French African players for every white one. That is a sport where both races excel in fairly equally, so why is it so one sided?

Look at French rugby players
Some successful track and fields white athletes
Tennis players
Volley ball team
Etc
Hell in almost every sport you ll find successful black and white French athletes
I m not knowledgeable about football anymore btw,I used to be a fan but excessive diving and whining with the refs killed my interest
In America nba and nfl what s the percentage of white and black American ?

They joke about this alot on WN forums....that the French national teams should be called the Senegal team

The funny thing is there are alot of great french "french" athletes but they're busy doing some bullshit sport that isn't popular or they compete in amateur competition like christian lemaitre

Funny thing about demographics in general is sometimes the numbers don't matter anyway

Russia has nearly just a third of the male population of the United states...yet produces a disproportionate number of physically blessed and gifted athletes
And dominate or compete at the highest echelons of international sports

On the flips side of the coin unlike france,
East European nations nary use an immigrant on their national teams

I just don't think france really gives a shit who represents the country....that's kind of the attitude in general that makes french well french

<Fedor23>

No offense to France by the way but what's sports do they excel at in general....soccer?, I see they have Riner and a good judo team....some track guys like lemaitre?...anything else?

Last edited:

fra_fencing.jpg

884619908.jpg.0.jpg

cheick-kongo.jpg

Huh, the two largest sports in the US (Football, Basketball, and Baseball) are all dominated by non-whites. Normally, when people don't have other economic opportunities, they look to sport to improve their lives, and that's the case with many minorities in France and the USA. It's not that one country or people are superior to the other, it's just that for a poor black kid in France or in the U.S., sports give him a better chance of moving up the social ladder than a network of friends and daddy's friend's on wall street, or some scholarship or trust fund.

Huh, the two largest sports in the US (Football, Basketball, and Baseball) are all dominated by non-whites. Normally, when people don't have other economic opportunities, they look to sport to improve their lives, and that's the case with many minorities in France and the USA. It's not that one country or people are superior to the other, it's just that for a poor black kid in France or in the U.S., sports give him a better chance of moving up the social ladder than a network of friends and daddy's friend's on wall street, or some scholarship or trust fund.
He said it's not nearly at lopsided compared to French sports teams where white athlete participation is seemingly at single digits

In the NFL there is around 40% non black
And much than than that in MLB (counting white Hispanics which the multicult sports industry doesn't to like to do)

You are probably on to something though with correlation to wealth and participating in a sport as a means to making it...seeing as in the 70's-80's the NFL was in versed and was over 70% white....and in that time white wealth has expanded while white athlete participation has gone....although I wouldn't say the money is from "white privelaged networking" and hurry derrivitave raceest wall street voodoo like you begrudgingly try to make out

I can't help whites/Asians and Hispanics are hard working and know how to be sucessful more

What the fuck did I just read.
The truth
ya hard head serb

Are you even from serbia?...the average height for males there is nearly six feet tall....how do you not see this?

What's the carribbean average 5'9?

Back