Why is Canelo trying to fight GGG's leftover?

Nothing wrong with that fight. Hope it happens so we can actually get Canelo in vs a game MW.

I don't get why as soon as a guy loses to somebody he becomes "leftovers" as if that means he's no longer a challenge. Some people would considering him GGG's toughest opponent, so it would obviously be a very solid first full 160 fight for Canelo, and a good measuring stick for him in that division.

I don't get why as soon as a guy loses to somebody he becomes "leftovers" as if that means he's no longer a challenge. Some people would considering him GGG's toughest opponent, so it would obviously be a very solid first full 160 fight for Canelo, and a good measuring stick for him in that division.
Because fans are fickle assholes that like to talk shit behind a computer screen.

But ya, no one legitimately doesnt want to see this. Folks bitched and moaned for years now that Canelo isnt fighting people his size. Now were about to get a top quality MW fighter being lined up to get in with him and more bitching because someone else in the division has beat him lol.

Imagine what a boring fight world we'd live in if a loss ended every career.

Well it doesn't help that Canelo was making fun of Golovkin's resume and saying he hasn't fought anyone good.

I think Canelo beats Monroe but I don't think it looks incredibly impressive. Monroe has a nice jab and a pretty good reach advantage. If he forces Saul to lead and makes it boring, he can keep it competitive for awhile. Canelo doesn't look great coming forward. That said, I don't think Monroe is that great moving backward either, and once he gets stuck I think he leaves himself open while trying to find an escape. That's where the body work will eventually take it's toll on him, he'll start getting trapped more, until either he loses a wide decision or goes out. He gives up his height a lot too, which negates some of his reach advantage.

Rosado is better look-good fight for Saul. Neither guy brings a lot of money to the table; I don't think anyone recognizes Gabe from the movies.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-trainer-three-fights-2017-maybe-first-158--109758

they are being cautious with 160 and imo rightfully so.

i think bjs could give canelo some problems. lee is chinny but was badly hurt here

iirc, there was an interview with canelo in a mexican noticia where he said that he wanted to get rounds in with kirkland but that 154 james hit so hard that he couldnt mess around with him and had to get him out of there in the first opportunity. and curtis stevens saying that canelo is not a 160 after being in camp with him for the cotto fight, his own team wanting to go to 158, i cant see why people assume that alvarez is going to have success as a mw when there are some seeds of doubt so obvious to see

Jesus lol. Saunders and Monroe get eaten alive in the same night.

http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-trainer-three-fights-2017-maybe-first-158--109758

they are being cautious with 160 and imo rightfully so.

i think bjs could give canelo some problems. lee is chinny but was badly hurt here

iirc, there was an interview with canelo in a mexican noticia where he said that he wanted to get rounds in with kirkland but that 154 james hit so hard that he couldnt mess around with him and had to get him out of there in the first opportunity. and curtis stevens saying that canelo is not a 160 after being in camp with him for the cotto fight, his own team wanting to go to 158, i cant see why people assume that alvarez is going to have success as a mw when there are some seeds of doubt so obvious to see

See - this is exactly why I thought Canelo needed to fight someone like Lemieux after Khan (I said that during GGG "negotiations" to pretty negative reception), but even as a big Saul fan I don't know how well his punch carries up all the way to 160, or how effective it is on full-size MW. And those aren't questions you want to be finding the answers to in a fight with Golovkin.

My speculation is that Sauls body work and toughness (just looking historically, it's all I have to go on but he's been in with big hitters) will carry him against most MWs. You can look at the Kirkland fight sort of relatively - Canelo had to weigh in lower at that weight than he would at MW, and felt the punches differently as a result.

See - this is exactly why I thought Canelo needed to fight someone like Lemieux after Khan (I said that during GGG "negotiations" to pretty negative reception), but even as a big Saul fan I don't know how well his punch carries up all the way to 160, or how effective it is on full-size MW. And those aren't questions you want to be finding the answers to in a fight with Golovkin.

My speculation is that Sauls body work and toughness (just looking historically, it's all I have to go on but he's been in with big hitters) will carry him against most MWs. You can look at the Kirkland fight sort of relatively - Canelo had to weigh in lower at that weight than he would at MW, and felt the punches differently as a result.

i think canelo would be better off against a guy like andy lee, someone with proven questionable punch resistance, so hell always be in the fight no matter how outclassed he might be. what happens when a lemuiex or stevens(presumably this has already happened with curtis in sparring), two guys with proven punch resistance, takes canelos punch and then proceeds to trade shot for shot. theres probably a good reason why canelo is going to fight at 158 in his first fight at mw in an attempt to drain a 160.

he in all likelihood needs all the advantages that he can get

i think canelo would be better off against a guy like andy lee, someone with proven questionable punch resistance, so hell always be in the fight no matter how outclassed he might be. what happens when a lemuiex or stevens(presumably this has already happened with curtis in sparring), two guys with proven punch resistance, takes canelos punch and then proceeds to trade shot for shot. theres probably a good reason why canelo is going to fight at 158 in his first fight at mw in an attempt to drain a 160.

he in all likelihood needs all the advantages that he can get

Canelo would beat the pants off Lee I think, but that was a name I thought of before too.

Nothing wrong with that fight. Hope it happens so we can actually get Canelo in vs a game MW.

Lemieux would've been and still is a good option to start Canelo off at fighting at the upper limit of the Middleweight division. Before the Smith fight at JMW practically everyone here was cool with it. Why not now? Lemieux isn't a slouch at all, is very tough, can really crack and is still GGG's best win to date as far as actual Middleweights go. It gives them a high quality mutual opponent as well.

Lemieux would've been and still is a good option to start Canelo off at fighting at the upper limit of the Middleweight division. Before the Smith fight at JMW practically everyone here was cool with it. Why not now? Lemieux isn't a slouch at all, is very tough, can really crack and is still GGG's best win to date as far as actual Middleweights go. It gives them a high quality mutual opponent as well.
As Nac pointed out folks like to pretend anyone with a loss is garbage. If guys didnt fight the same competition the fight game would be incredibly boring.

Everyone who bitches about this fight will watch it lol. Its a great fight regardless of what Golovkin did to him.

As Nac pointed out folks like to pretend anyone with a loss is garbage. If guys didnt fight the same competition the fight game would be incredibly boring.

Everyone who bitches about this fight will watch it lol. Its a great fight regardless of what Golovkin did to him.

I think it's a very good fight too. The GGG loss was a year ago and he's racked up a couple wins since. He's had a few losses in over 40 pro fights, one of them to Golovkin. I guess if you lose to the top ranked guy in the division, also a P4P rated fighter, you can't be a good fighter anymore. Which seems funny because some were even picking Lemieux to beat Canelo at 160 when this was discussed.

I'm hearing talk about Canelo - Cotto 2
*barf*

Back