Why is Canelo trying to fight GGG's leftover?

No problem with this fight to get used to a real size MW. Had he taken this fight instead of going down to 154 for Liam fn Smith that would have been a much better look. He could claim he needed a few more fights at MW before GGG.

The Smith fight just seemed like blatant stalling hoping GGG would get old.

No problem with this fight to get used to a real size MW. Had he taken this fight instead of going down to 154 for Liam fn Smith that would have been a much better look. He could claim he needed a few more fights at MW before GGG.

The Smith fight just seemed like blatant stalling hoping GGG would get old.

I agree with most of this. I wanted him to fight a guy like David after he got paid fighting Amir.

If this happens, Canelo kicks Lemieuxs ass.

Fighting David is a great way to see if he can handle the power of a true middleweight puncher. Obviously fighting anyone besides GGG/Jacobs is a disappointment but this is a huge step up from his last unknown opponent and the chinless jellyfish he fought before that.

If this happens, Canelo kicks Lemieuxs ass.
He should win, but I don't know if he can stop him which wouldn't help him much in trying to sell a fight against Golovkin. I think it would be smarter to try and get the Saunders fight if he can.

Good way to gauge how he might fare against a MW puncher. Plus I'm sure he'd love to outshine Golovkin's performance against Lemieux.

Plus, it doesn't hurt my feelings at all that Lemieux gets another payday. Dude fights with a ton of heart and stylistically he fights very fan friendly.

I think Lemieux has more pure one shot power than GGG so I do like this match up to see how Canelo can take a clean shot from a full fledged mw. Also, as mentioned Lemieux fights hard too, so he'll give it his all until Canelo crushes him with a hook to the body like GGG did. Fun fight for sure if true and at 160, David's not tall but he's a big guy for the weightclass, hope they don't make him cut much more.

Plus, it doesn't hurt my feelings at all that Lemieux gets another payday. Dude fights with a ton of heart and stylistically he fights very fan friendly.
It's also a golden opportunity to get a career defining win.

Lemieux loses. But he's marketable so why put him through another big loss GBP? I think there are better fights for the sake of both men's respective careers.

GGG's mechanics dont make me think he should generate big power, but clearly he does. When he hits people they don't react well.

Lemieux LOOKS like he's throwing bombs, and he is.

I really enjoyed the GGG fight, and I know I'd love a Canelo fight. It'd be fun as long as it lasted.....and could you imagine the look on Oscars face if Lemieux managed to hurt Canelo!

Senri himself must be salivating at the prospect of that delicious agony :)

Lemieux loses. But he's marketable so why put him through another big loss GBP? I think there are better fights for the sake of both men's respective careers.

There is no better fight for David out there at all. Canelo is the biggest draw in the sport and most likely the biggest payday too. Saying there are better fights for David doesn't really make sense. That would be like the last 5 Mayweather opponents turning down the fight because they were worried they would get outboxed and lose.

The outcome of fighting the biggest star is boxing isn't nearly as important as fighting the biggest star in boxing. Plus this would be a pretty winnable fight. Getting to be the first real middleweight to go against Canelo and being the biggest puncher in the division gives him a very interesting opportunity. If he can make weight which is not a given at all.

GGG absolutely shut him down but I like the fight. I don't think it happens.

GGG's mechanics dont make me think he should generate big power, but clearly he does. When he hits people they don't react well.

Lemieux LOOKS like he's throwing bombs, and he is.

I really enjoyed the GGG fight, and I know I'd love a Canelo fight. It'd be fun as long as it lasted.....and could you imagine the look on Oscars face if Lemieux managed to hurt Canelo!

Senri himself must be salivating at the prospect of that delicious agony :)

You are correct i would love to have Oscar gape again for us all when his tangible flesh has softened. Easy to penetrate his juices, something subdued always melts in your mouth.

On the pertinence of GGG, his power comes from his nervous system, then factor in how he really plants his foot on his strikes, it is very efficient movement because he can bring himself back to balance after his strikes, but it is slow for he needs enough time to generate those insertions of will. Manipulating fighters to succumb to his feints, and his mastery of the shift technique has allowed him to penetrate his opponents effectively. Which leads us to his opposition, where they have alright to good footwork but nothing fascinating in that it could give him fits. With the exception of Mr Brooks who showed us all how to potentially gape GGG, it illustrated that he does not do well with those who are agile possessing exceptional footwork. He can easily be dispatched by a great outboxer, which is what i want to see, i want to see the desperation on his face, so that i can consume his flesh with elation. When he did go for the kill on Mr Brooks, i could see the massive slits in his defense, but so far nobody has capitalized on it yet, do not be fooled everyone GGG is there to be pierced. Let us marinate for the great battle of chaos....

One fight doesn't mean he's fighting leftovers

A step in the right direction

I just hope that if Canelo beats triple g (if he can even beat lemuix ) that the haters wont say that GGG was overrated

A step in the right direction

I just hope that if Canelo beats triple g (if he can even beat lemuix ) that the haters wont say that GGG was overrated
When*

When he beats GGG, which he will, rather decisively.

When*

When he beats GGG, which he will, rather decisively.

Strange for a fan to be more confident than a fighter and his team. Unless you mean he's going to wait GGG out until he starts slipping in a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back