Why in the world would Rockhold want to fight Gustafsson?

MAN...didn’t Gus call Luke out after he lost???

Seems like a prettt weak move by Gustafson but sherdog loves him so somehow he gets props here

Even if he wins, he has to fight his boy DC for the title. Which if he agrees to do it, is a fight he gets badly fucked up in

LHW is a weak ass division but it's really strong at the top (Jones, DC, Gus) and if Rockhold is hoping to move up and compete for the title right away I see him getting KO'd badly

Gus is a terrible matchup for Luke

He wants a way out of the Ralph deal. He will try to become facially deformed at LHW.

Because Rockhold isn't the smartest guy out there.

giphy.gif
tumblr_o8aq1qGTmi1qa33wlo3_500.gif

People really need to stop pummeling Rockheld when he's down against the cage.

TBH if Luke loses it’s a wash because he’s expected to lose, if he wins however he gets his name thrown in the hat for the LHW vacant title fight...

Rockhold matches up against Jones better than he does against Gustafsson

Agreed with TS.

Luke has been put to sleep by MWs, Gus puts a serious hurt on him.

It's a win-win. If he gets KTFO again, he just lost to a guy with decent power a weight class up. If he wins, he's in title contention.

You could argue Gus is lacking the punching power or Romero of course but then again Bisping did hurt Luke.

Gus's natural game does generally seem to be to pick away from range which arguably suits Rockholds style reasonably well.

Plus of course if Cormier and Rumble at HW and Jones potentially banned long term then Gus is the obvious #1 contender so this could end up being a fight for the championship or perhaps an interim championship.

If Jones does escape a long ban obviously I think Rockhold is an interesting fight for him as well.
i highly doubt he would fight Jones that would be a homicide

i highly doubt he would fight Jones that would be a homicide

I'd favour Jones but really Rockholds weakness is his boxing and that's Jones weakness as well, Jon's natural game is to pick away from range which is very much Luke's preffered style to.

Grappling: Luke is better but ask a roided Jones how easy it is to take down and submit Gus.

Mr. Wonderful submitted Gus with one hand and made it look easy.

I think Luke is prolly the best Ground figher submission-wise Gus has ever faced.

Gus called out Luke remember that too.... If Luke gets the win he is right in the title picture with only one fight.

Gus looked magnificent in his last fight... But the return for Luke on this risk is worth it.

SUB-DavisGustafsson0112.jpg

Imagine that without weight cut he gets huge bonus power which he has never had before and starts demolishing LHW
Could happen. He could also have a titanium chin all of a sudden. There's really no way to know until we see him at LHW.

Mr. Wonderful submitted Gus with one hand and made it look easy.

I think Luke is prolly the best Ground figher submission-wise Gus has ever faced.

Gus called out Luke remember that too.... If Luke gets the win he is right in the title picture with only one fight.

Gus looked magnificent in his last fight... But the return for Luke on this risk is worth it.

SUB-DavisGustafsson0112.jpg
Definition of high risk/high reward. A win over Gustafsson could land Luke a TS for sure, I think. The fight with Gustafsson might even be for the vacant title for all we know.

People can clown on Teh Rock, yes I know it's fun, but he called out Werdum, and is not afraid to fight anyone. Sure, he is cocky, but he rolls with D.C., Khabib and Cain daily, and he knows how his skills stack up. And also, why do we clown this idea of any fighter moving up after Teh Knuckles, Rumble and RDA? It seems the recent trend has been fighters having more success moving up than dow.

If he wins he's the #1 contender. Also, there is a good chance the fight could be for the actual belt if Cormier decides to pack it in/stay at HW. What does Gus have to gain apart from the check?

Back