Why in the world would Rockhold want to fight Gustafsson?

He wants the #1 spot. Gus will ko rockhold. Rockhold will retire and model full time. He only has a couple of years of hair left, but they can photoshop that for now.

Gustaffsons name is worth more than his talent. It may be risky but the plaudits for beating him are more than the risks he presents. It is a good fight to try to jump into the higher end of the LHW rankings.

This may sound crazy but, unlike the keybord warriors on Sherdog, maybe he actually believes he is the best in the world and wants to fight the best. Plus if he moves up and beats Gus he is getting a fast track to a title shot.

OS2bjZK.gif
Quiet before he SUCKS the LIFE outta you. (!!!)

Rockhold should just stay at MW where he can beat up on smaller guys. He would have zero physical advantages over Gus or most LHW's

Rockhold said this about that...

“I’m not hanging here at middleweight much longer. It’s too hard to make weight. It’s not fun. Plus, the division at light heavyweight without Jon Jones is not the same. The middleweight division is much tougher.

“So move up, cut less weight, and have easier fights? C’mon.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/02/luke-rockhold-ufc-middleweight-to-light-heavyweight

He is going to get "Mauled".

This may sound crazy but, unlike the keybord warriors on Sherdog, maybe he actually believes he is the best in the world and wants to fight the best. Plus if he moves up and beats Gus he is getting a fast track to a title shot.

Crazy? no. Naive and Silly? yes.

I would call it shamed into it by Gustafsson.

Luke isn't the type to adequately addess his own holes in his game, he will attribute his losses to his opponents being right not him being wrong.

So I would think he just isn't aware of how bad his boxing in the pocket is, maybe doesn't realize how big Alex is, several things.

Mr. Wonderful submitted Gus with one hand and made it look easy.

I think Luke is prolly the best Ground figher submission-wise Gus has ever faced.

Gus called out Luke remember that too.... If Luke gets the win he is right in the title picture with only one fight.

Gus looked magnificent in his last fight... But the return for Luke on this risk is worth it.

SUB-DavisGustafsson0112.jpg

Would you say Gus has improved since that fight?

Gustafsson would piece up that model face then finish him... Might ruin his future career as UFC Ring Boy...

Luke isn't the type to adequately addess his own holes in his game, he will attribute his losses to his opponents being right not him being wrong.

So I would think he just isn't aware of how bad his boxing in the pocket is, maybe doesn't realize how big Alex is, several things.

he's taking quite a huge risk if he doesn't realize how big Gustaffson is or how brutally terrible his boxing defense is.

those are things you kind of don't want to find out in the ring.

205 might play to his style better. He doesn't have the reflexes to do what he does at 185. Being less drained will probably help his chin. If he can avoid eating a quick 3-piece I could see him winning a decision or grabbing a sub. Coming from a fan of Gus and a Cocksalt neutral.

Back