Why Fedor did NOT ground and pound???

RealFedor

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Very weird fight...

Fedor dropped him&took him down couple of times, could have gotten into Chael's guard, and GnP'ed him to death (Chael does not have any submissions from his back), and yet, he let him stand up over and over again (well... until the end, when Chael tried something ridiculous - I am not buying his story that he was losing position from the back)...

Like I said, very weird fight.

Because he knew he was figuratively sodomizing him in the standup

Why did Chael do that stupid flip when he had back control?

Very weird fight indeed..

Because he knew he was figuratively sodomizing him in the standup
Well... If Chael did not do what he did, it would have been long night for Fedor. He could not get out under Big Foot, and Chael is much better on the ground from the top position than BF.

Very weird fight...

Fedor dropped him&took him down couple of times, could have gotten into Chael's guard, and GnP'ed him to death (Chael does not have any submissions from his back), and yet, he let him stand up over and over again (well... until the end, when Chael tried something ridiculous - I am not buying his story that he was losing position from the back)...

Fedor's hands have been broken numerous times back in Pride days, which is why he is so selective with his GnP.

LoL. Fedor knew Sonnen was fixing the fight. Rather than gnp him and let it het stopped, he waved him up and punished him in the standup for talking about him.

Very weird fight...

How do you know if he doesn't have subs off his back?

Fedor's hands have been broken numerous times back in Pride days, which is why he is so selective with his GnP.
this makes sense. i knew it had to be something medical

Fedor has been hesistant of the ground since Werdum. He backed off from Monson too when they fought.

Keep in mind, Fedor was dropping Chael with punches nearly every single time they landed. I'm sure he thought it was better to keep it standing. He did land two huge Nog-esque shots on the ground though.

Very weird fight...

He did the same fighting Monson. Used defensing wrestling to neutralize Monson and keep the fight standing.

ns1WFu.gif

PlaintiveNippyBlobfish.gif

method=get&s=jeff-monson-11-30-11-9-56-26-979.jpg

Well... If Chael did not do what he did, it would have been long night for Fedor. He could not get out under Big Foot, and Chael is much better on the ground from the top position than BF.

They are also exactly the same size. Not many people know that. True story!

He had a PTSD moment didn't want to get caught in one of those slick Chael triangles

I think the broadcast team did a fine job of explaining why he didn't. Fedor has Chael's number in basically every aspect of mma short of pure wrestling. why leave an opportunity to lose on the table.

Because in mother Russia you don't go to ground. ground go to you

Fedor has basically been a slugger from Affliction onwards, last time he was mostly focused on grappling was vs Choi.

Back