Why Fedor did NOT ground and pound???

MiroHa said:
n1agxzznjgqygy3ozzai.gif
I still think its a shame he went inactive after that fight as IMHO he actually tightened his game up a bit and adapted to his physical decline becoming a more cautious striker.

From fighting perspective, he doesn't want to get into a scramble and end up on bottom. He faces very little threat in the stand up.

From entertainment perspective, fans love his KO ability and highlight reel

What fight is that?

Rizzo although the couple before that as well, I believe he started training with dutch kickboxers again as he did vs Crocop.

I mean not the best comp ever he was fighting but still I think he looked slicker than vs Bigfoot or Hendo and was fighting the kind of way that was more suited to declining speed. Basically keeping guys at range with lowkicks and looking to time one big shot.

Well... If Chael did not do what he did, it would have been long night for Fedor. He could not get out under Big Foot, and Chael is much better on the ground from the top position than BF.

Come on guy. Think. Look at Bigfoot size and Chaels size.

I still think its a shame he went inactive after that fight as IMHO he actually tightened his game up a bit and adapted to his physical decline becoming a more cautious striker.

Agreed. Say what you will about how good Rizzo was in 2012 but that finishing sequence was absolutely brilliant against a seasoned striker. After he landed that leg kick Fedor did a double feint with a jab and a leg kick which made Rizzo bring both his guard and left leg up leaving him open for that superman punch coming around his guard.

This combo was beautiful as well.

dwkdjzkdmljdtnnydzny.gif

Well... If Chael did not do what he did, it would have been long night for Fedor. He could not get out under Big Foot, and Chael is much better on the ground from the top position than BF.
You have a lot of work to do to convince everyone you're not retarded.

Why did Chael do that stupid flip when he had back control?

Very weird fight indeed..

My guess is he probably does well with the rolling back take in training. But Fedor has the base of a tank. It was a strategic error to give up his top position with such a risky maneuver—especially with one of the GOAT gnp’ers. But that kind of self-sabotage has been a tragic theme in Chael’s career.

Werdum taught him that there's no reason for GnP against a guy you can crush on the feet.

Why did Chael do that stupid flip when he had back control?

Very weird fight indeed..

This is from the same org who gave us Ken Shamrock vs. Kimbo, a fight that makes current Ronda Rousey fights look authentic.

lol....nope. Silva is black belt in bjj and had nice record when he fought Fedor....also he is huge af

Bigfoot:

thumbnail_crop.php

Chael:

cox-triangle-set-small-60-cox-gps-250.jpg

My guess is he probably does well with the rolling back take in training. But Fedor has the base of a tank. It was a strategic error to give up his top position with such a risky maneuver—especially with one of the GOAT gnp’ers. But that kind of self-sabotage has been a tragic theme in Chael’s career.

It was really classic Fedor as well though, vs Coleman the 1st time or vs Hunt he's basically doing the same thing, rather than defending he gives them the openings to try something knowing its likely to give him the chance to sweep/escape.

Really the only threat to Chaels grappling would be catching him with a choke as a he did Shogun.

lol....nope. Silva is black belt in bjj and had nice record when he fought Fedor....also he is huge af

Bigfoot:

thumbnail_crop.php

Bigfoot(at least the pre brain op TRT version) is actually one of the best top game guys ever at HW, I mean he's not the best wrestler ever so he often struggled to get that position but if he did his opponent was almost always in trouble.

Guess you missed the part when fedor easily rolled chael over and took top position.

Chael is not a 265+ giant Brazilian black belt lol.

People who don't grapple don't get it...

Chael already explained it himself.....its honestly not that wierd at all.

i just don’t think he’s a confident ground fighter anymore. He didn’t want to leave Chael openings for reversal.

People who don't grapple don't get it...

Chael already explained it himself.....its honestly not that wierd at all.

For sure. Sometimes you just execute a technique improperly and pay the price.

It was really classic Fedor as well though, vs Coleman the 1st time or vs Hunt he's basically doing the same thing, rather than defending he gives them the openings to try something knowing its likely to give him the chance to sweep/escape.

Really the only threat to Chaels grappling would be catching him with a choke as a he did Shogun.

Yeah, and Fedor is NOT the guy you want to enter into unnecessary, dynamic positional exchanges with.

Nah, Chael had full mount and Fedor arched and reversed.

Bigfoot was too friggin big and skilled.

Back