Why Don't people give a sh!t about Deontay Wilder?

Fury as he was in the kilt fight is a fckin nightmare for wilder. He has a better shot against wlad or josh as they will engage him. He'd get nowhere near fury and eat his jab all night
When is the last time you saw Wlad pull the trigger and engage?

Fury as he was in the kilt fight is a fckin nightmare for wilder. He has a better shot against wlad or josh as they will engage him. He'd get nowhere near fury and eat his jab all night
I still think it would be a bit of an upset if Wlad has anything left in the tank. Would still favor Wlad if he looked normal against AJ.
But i think Fury is a major problem for him match up and style wise.
I also think Ortiz would be favored against him too.

Joshua & Parker are his best options to win. Joshua is a pickem and he should be able to handle Parker.

The cool thing is they are all fighting each other for the most part.
Joshua has to get by Klit & Parker has to get by Cousin Fury
Wilder should have to fight one of the winners of those 2 fights.
But the WBC has ordered a rematch with Stiverne as his mandatory. How does this effect Wilder's next fight?????

You beat your opponents with your ability, not by fighting them force to force you hipster boxing fan.
Last time he did engage was vs. Pulev.

I also predict a KO win over Joshua within 5 rounds.

as others have mentioned, he isnt popular because he has fought virtually nothing but bums for his whole career

the only names on his resume are Stiverne and Arreola...hardly anything to shout about

and then...its the fact he cant fucking box

he has a big right hand, then just starts windmilling like a 10 year old when he has someone hurt, people who watch and like boxing dont want to see that shit

while Joshua may just end up a hype job, at least he has stepped up to the plate after 16 fights or so, and is fighting a world class fighter with pedigree, at least the guy is trying

Wilder fought a guy who is better at American Football than he is boxing after 37 fights

and then...its the fact he cant fucking box

he has a big right hand, then just starts windmilling like a 10 year old when he has someone hurt, people who watch and like boxing dont want to see that shit

That's the point. Anyone who understands boxing, will probably consider him somewhat boring, because it's always the same pattern vs. the same level of opposition. There's not much coming from him if you can nullify his aggression.

Arreola needed like 10 years of boxing until he discovered the advantages of a professional strenght and conditioning program.

Of course when you come out like a hipster boxing fan, you look at Wilder as entertaining.

Fury is so awkward i actually think pretty highly of him in the ring. Kinda a dope outside of it, but in their he has a nice jab, a technique that he makes work and good power. He embarrassed Del Boy twice, worse than Vitali did, beat Klits in a fight that wasnt close. I think he would be Wilder

I think Fury could beat him also, but that is if he somehow gets into shape. He looked awful in all the recent pictures I have seen of him last half year or so.

Why doesn't he just fight one of them then?
That's the point. Anyone who understands boxing, will probably consider him somewhat boring, because it's always the same pattern vs. the same level of opposition. There's not much coming from him if you can nullify his aggression.

Arreola needed like 10 years of boxing until he discovered the advantages of a professional strenght and conditioning program.

Of course when you come out like a hipster boxing fan, you look at Wilder as entertaining.
Plenty of people who understand boxing who find him exciting. Especially for a division that has been historically bad as HW.
He looked completely different in the Stiverne fight. So I would say he doesnt always look the same. He showed a jab, footwork, slickness, and I thought he had turned a corner. He legit outboxed a world class guy and didnt just use his power to try and blast him out all the time.
However, he has looked pretty one dimensional since against much worse competition.
Part if me likes that he has so many critics and haters.

He's only fought once in 2 years so at least that long

Fair point but I am suprised that everyone is so sure wlad is massively on the slide based on one performance. Joshua will be right in front of him so he will have to in this fight. We'll find out if he is done at the top level or if fury was just a stylistic fckin nightmare for him

I still think it would be a bit of an upset if Wlad has anything left in the tank. Would still favor Wlad if he looked normal against AJ.
But i think Fury is a major problem for him match up and style wise.
I also think Ortiz would be favored against him too.

Joshua & Parker are his best options to win. Joshua is a pickem and he should be able to handle Parker.

The cool thing is they are all fighting each other for the most part.
Joshua has to get by Klit & Parker has to get by Cousin Fury
Wilder should have to fight one of the winners of those 2 fights.
But the WBC has ordered a rematch with Stiverne as his mandatory. How does this effect Wilder's next fight?????

I pretty much agree with all of that. What I'd say about fury though is many fans massively under rate him as a boxer and ignore his enormous size! It's a massive problem for all of his opponents and I think it intimidated wlad.
I wasn't brave enough to call the win against wlad but I wasn't that suprised. I didn't think he could get the nod in Germany no matter how the fight went, and I didn't see him getting the ko but I thought hed out box him. People tend to remember the fighter from 5 years ago that punched himself in the face, but he really improved in the couple of years leading up to they title fight. He is a natural fighter, with proper skills and footwork which I've never seen in someone so tall
I'm not particularly a fan of his, but he makes the hw scene so interesting, more so than any other fighter. I don't think he'll be back though unfortunately

Boxing is not as popular in the US as it was in the Tyson days. Add to that NFL, NBA and MLB are insanely more popular

I dont know who Stripe is. Sorry.
Thank you for admitting your argument is BS, indirectly.
The defending and exceting UFC HW champion, Stipe Miocic is white, and a genuinly good guy. If your pretending not to know who he is, then u feel ur arguemtn is weak. If you really dont know who he is then there u go, an undermined white HW champion KO machine that is white and nobody gives a shit about.

Mighty Mouse has a 4 billion dollar compamy promoting him and with force and has headlined PPVs and yet no one care. Chocolaite is fighting on undercards of an forgiener.
So you agree he's doing worse than MM, while not being an african American. If I had a penny for everytime commentators unsuccessfully tried to shove chochlatito down our ear-holes I'd own a few planets in real-estate.

Woodley isnt a whiney bitch. He is a black man who speaks how he feels and gets named called for it.
Woodley whines like a bitch for yearsand it's not debatable. eg: "People claim I gas quickly cause I'm black" disgusting and childish race card activation. I'm non American, with no white/european or Black/African roots so I have no bias here and I'm telling you I feel embaressed for him every single time/tweet.
cause White Boy Hughes had the same style and was a Mega Star.
Oh now that's just insulting to an ATG. Woodley has not done shit to deserve Hughes level praise. Matt was fighting 8-10 times a year before winning the UFC championship from Newton. Woodley rested for almost 2 years for his titleshot. Plus Hughes' personality was very likable in comparison. Not to mention being a pioneer.
For the record I thought Woodley was robbed in his last fight, and willing to yell it out against anybody.

Woodley isnt a whiney bitch. He is a black man who speaks how he feels and gets named called for it. Woodley style isnt the problem either, cause White Boy Hughes had the same style and was a Mega Star.

Mighty Mouse has a 4 billion dollar compamy promoting him and with force and has headlined PPVs and yet no one care. Chocolaite is fighting on undercards of an forgiener.

I dont know who Stripe is. Sorry.

White boy hughes had 3 decision wins in 22 ufc fights bud (zero split decisions). Woodley currently has 9 UFC fights, including 2 decision losses, 1 split decision win and 1 draw, we will ignore his last 2 years in strikeforce where he went 3-1 with 3 decision wins (one split) and a KO loss. We can also just ignore the popularity of Rampage, Jones, Silva. If Silva could speak fluent english and talked smack he would have been the #1 ppv generator in history up until now.

Last edited:
Thats a fair assessment. Honestly think Wilder takes Del Boys head off within 3 rounds.

Fury's awkwardness causes more problems for people wanting to box imo. Wilder will come to fight.

Del Boy has a granite chin, Wilder had Stiverne right in front of him all night and couldn't finish him so I highly doubt he ends Chisora in 3 rounds.

WIlder could KO Fury but it'd still favour Tyson. People are forgetting how big Fury is, he might not look like a devestating puncher, but any heavyweight that size carries power and he'd KO'd plenty of people. If Wilders getting hurt by Molina etc then he can't afford to be taking many from Fury either. It's an intersting fight, I think both hurt each other if they land clean.

Nobody in today's sports world gets to be a star by consistently competing against the 20th best person in his sport. Floyd, Manny, McGregor, Tiger Woods, Serena Williams...had to beat the top people in their sport to become popular. Wilder hasn't done that.

How far can anyone milk, "Years ago, I beat Bernard Stiverne" for fame? That's absolutely, without question, his greatest nosing accomplishment.

Boxing is not as popular in the US as it was in the Tyson days. Add to that NFL, NBA and MLB are insanely more popular
PPV numbers refute that?.. and Tyson wasn't phenomenally successful because boxing was more popular but because he was Mike Tyson, obliterating all comers whilst unifying the belts, the complete antithesis of Wilder.

PPV numbers refute that?.. and Tyson wasn't phenomenally successful because boxing was more popular but because he was Mike Tyson, obliterating all comers whilst unifying the belts, the complete antithesis of Wilder.

Tyson was popular before he even fought for a title

Thank you for admitting your argument is BS, indirectly.
The defending and exceting UFC HW champion, Stipe Miocic is white, and a genuinly good guy. If your pretending not to know who he is, then u feel ur arguemtn is weak. If you really dont know who he is then there u go, an undermined white HW champion KO machine that is white and nobody gives a shit about.

So you agree he's doing worse than MM, while not being an african American. If I had a penny for everytime commentators unsuccessfully tried to shove chochlatito down our ear-holes I'd own a few planets in real-estate.

Woodley whines like a bitch for yearsand it's not debatable. eg: "People claim I gas quickly cause I'm black" disgusting and childish race card activation. I'm non American, with no white/european or Black/African roots so I have no bias here and I'm telling you I feel embaressed for him every single time/tweet.
Oh now that's just insulting to an ATG. Woodley has not done shit to deserve Hughes level praise. Matt was fighting 8-10 times a year before winning the UFC championship from Newton. Woodley rested for almost 2 years for his titleshot. Plus Hughes' personality was very likable in comparison. Not to mention being a pioneer.
For the record I thought Woodley was robbed in his last fight, and willing to yell it out against anybody.

I dont know who stripe is. but sounds like another Eupopean champion and the sports world is filled with them and the market is overstation. GGG,Kova before losing,Loma,Wlad before losing etc. Just more of the same. Maybe that is why he aint doing well know. Cant keep track of all them and that is why he isnt known well.

I am saying Chocolaite and MM cant compare because one is juzt a forgein uncarder fighter and the other is a PPV Headliner with a 4million comapny throwm Millions beeing him and cant sell. HBO aint coming close to putting the same kind of money behind Choco that UFC has put behind MM. MM should be biggest star in UFC but aint cause he is a black man acting normal.

I dont see woodley as being "whiny". Diaz bro are "whiny" and they sell. Maybe if woodly acting like them all "whiny" he do be better known.

And Woodly and Hughes fight the same IMO.Just one is white and sold like crazy and the other is black and cant sell. Hughes was the better fighter no doubt but he showed that Wrestlers can sell if they have the right compleciton. Woodley should be hailed as the next Matt Hughes. Good old boy from the USA doing good using HS wrestling.

But why dont people like Ward?

Back