Why don't heavyweight kicks just break arms even if blocked?

giphy.gif
nice find! didnt remember that one!

Why should they?

Bones are incredibly hard and unlike other material they don't crack but give ina tiny bit so even harder to break. It still happens but it#s obviously far from the norm. Aside from that there's muscle around your bone protecting it especially if you are a HW

Wolff's Law turns an untrained human into a highly-trained indestructable tank. If these guys were kicking untrained bodies they'd kill them.

it happens, they are stronger but also thicker and can take harder shots to the body I guess :D

Why don't heavyweight kicks just destroy everything in their path?

I've been in a gym and those guys built like Mark Hunt throwing kicks have bone shattering force. It's unbeivable. I don't know how those kicks get blocked without just shattering whatevers in front of them.

They could break bones, just that the body is a lot tougher than people think.

They're huge and powerful but so are the guys receiving the kick, huge and heavy bones

Also specially in UFC/MMA HWs often seem to lack the speed/coordination to throw a perfect kick (at least at that levels, i bet in sparring they try more tricks), compared to how they can develop power with their punch

Also many feel more vulnerable to punches while kicking, and HW is where you have the highest 1 punch KO risk

So they're P4P the ones that throw less and throw worse, that's why feel an underused weapon

But does happen

Somebody mentioned a couple of cases, i may add Fedor on Monson dat day Fedor thought it was low kick day

thumbnail_crop.php

method=get&s=jeff-monson-11-30-11-9-56-26-979.jpg

Also kinda OT but this shit was fun

S5wL6eS.gif

Same reason they don't just throw a punch to a guy's chin knock them out. All strikes take some set up and always leave you open for some kind of counter. It's even worse in MMA because a wrestler will grab a leg and have you on your back.

CAUSE it's a heavy weight arm not a Manlet

Back