Why don't heavyweight kicks just break arms even if blocked?

They're huge and powerful but so are the guys receiving the kick, huge and heavy bones

Also specially in UFC/MMA HWs often seem to lack the speed/coordination to throw a perfect kick (at least at that levels, i bet in sparring they try more tricks), compared to how they can develop power with their punch

Also many feel more vulnerable to punches while kicking, and HW is where you have the highest 1 punch KO risk

So they're P4P the ones that throw less and throw worse, that's why feel an underused weapon

But does happen

Somebody mentioned a couple of cases, i may add Fedor on Monson dat day Fedor thought it was low kick day

thumbnail_crop.php

method=get&s=jeff-monson-11-30-11-9-56-26-979.jpg

Also kinda OT but this shit was fun

S5wL6eS.gif

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

Jeebus. What event/fight was that? Im still catching up on a few

Werdum vs. Travis Browne. Can't recall the event but it was last year I think.

It happens. Pat Berry leg-kicks will have you using crutches for a week.

Simon Marcus broke Dustin Jacoby arm with a kick last year.

I remember Chuck breaking Rich's arm with a kick. Rich was still able to get the KO and even threw with both hands...

ibkwfc.gif

Jeebus. What event/fight was that? Im still catching up on a few

Looks like the Werdum-Browne 2 fight at UFC 203. Werdum delivered an even more satisfying kick after the fight, when he teeped Edmond Tarverdyan!

plenty of arm breaks at HW

I remember Chuck breaking Rich's arm with a kick. Rich was still able to get the KO and even threw with both hands...

ibkwfc.gif
Not all broken arms are created equal.
Some guys get a small crack,that they aint even sure is broken,and then you get something horrible like Jerome Lebanner against Hoost

Back