Why don't Diaz bro's fight much?

Do they dislike fighting or something?

They've turned down how many fights over the years....??

Nick Diaz has 37 pro fights, Nate has 30 even taking years off they both average of 2 fights a year. They probably have more fight then 95% of UFC fighters.

Because being inactive and whining rather than fighting has paid off big for them. Hard to think of two fighters that got more opportunities they deserved less.
I see how Nick has been given unwarranted opportunities but how has Nate??

this is what happens when you give two people too much money and weed

Do they dislike fighting or something?

They've turned down how many fights over the years....??

They used to fight all the time bro, 2 of the most game fighters out there.

You caught them at the tail end of their careers....cashing in and enjoing the fruits of their labor.

I see how Nick has been given unwarranted opportunities but how has Nate??

He was given the Conor fight over Cerrone and others for one despite fighting about once a year and looking mediocre and pretty much just whining and criticizing the UFC for years. Then he got the immediate rematch, both fights for more money than his contract. It's being reward for inactivity and whining. He conned people on his contract. He asked for his upfront with low base pay then acted like he was being underpaid when he wanted to cash his signing bonus and renegotiate. In the end, RDA's reckless training saved him from obscurity.

Because being inactive and whining rather than fighting has paid off big for them. Hard to think of two fighters that got more opportunities they deserved less.
^This.

They have learned (well Nick has anyways) that he can fight once every few years and make 5X or he can fight many times over those same years on a contract rate and only make the same amount of money but take way more fights.

For a guy, I know many do not think is very smart, he has managed his career pretty well.

You have to hate it to love it. If you don't hate this shit then good luck loving it.

TTucz19.jpg

My assumption - They have enough money now from the Conor paydays (I'm assuming that Nate shares the wealth) that they don't have to risk brain trauma and assorted other injuries to feed their families.

Nate doesn't have to share the wealth nick was making good money way b4 nate ever did. He had big fights with bj, gsp, and anderson and he's made himself into a brand. He's not hurting for money unless he's dumb with it.

To answer the question nick hates fighting and not sure bout nate but i think he wants more money.

Weed too good. Money ain't enough. Haven't you been listening to their interviews?

^This.

They have learned (well Nick has anyways) that he can fight once every few years and make 5X or he can fight many times over those same years on a contract rate and only make the same amount of money but take way more fights.

For a guy, I know many do not think is very smart, he has managed his career pretty well.

Again, if RDA hasn't gotten injured, Nate would be in obscurity right now. It was luck, not clever management. And same with Nick. It's really the UFC rewarding poor behavior rather than kind of master Diaz plan for their success.

Because of hardcore drug addiction

l6qGsmT.gif

the guy that has fought more times in the UFC than almost all doesn't like fighting

sherdog logic
http://mmajunkie.com/2014/07/nick-diaz-fighting-is-not-something-that-i-enjoy-doing

https://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/...-never-loved-fighting-i-never-wanted-to-fight

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2024120-nick-diaz-i-dont-love-to-fight-i-dont-want-to-fight

http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/nick-...rting-people-but-i-dot-it-because-ive-got-to/

These interviews of Nick stating exactly that are only from the first page of results and i didn't bother to link the video interviews as well.

Nick literally states he dislikes fighting in every interview he does.

too busy getting high
doesn't like fighting
enough money in the account to not give much a fuck
all of the above

they live in Stockton, training and coaching, and smoke it up in their spare time, not exactly the most extravagant of lifestyles, they clearly have enough money to live the life they want, so why would they fight if they don't need to, especially if the money is not "worth it" to them

Back