Why does whittaker get credit for sprawl and praying Romero but Woodley gets hate?

Totally different man. Woodley was waiting with his back against the cage the whole fight

This post should end the thread...I was about to say the same thing. Of course, some people want to play the race card no matter what...

Someone with gif abilities needs to capture the end of round 2 or 3 or 4 (they were all the same) when Woodley and Maia stood there looking at each other for 10 seconds.

we all praise whittaker for getting a narrow win over romero via sprawl n pray but when Woodley did the same to Maia we hate him.

I wonder why. Dont think it has to be said.

Lets look at the following fighters who are known to be disliked.

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Now lets look at praised fighters

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

Jones did some crimes, so did Gustaffson. DC has no reason to be hated but he is always booed. Demetrious is a p4p king and always gets treated badly. Woodley demonstrates the best defensive technique in mma today and gets shit on.
Lol at comparing Maia to Romero. Maia isn’t a threat on the feet at all and could’ve been finished

we all praise whittaker for getting a narrow win over romero via sprawl n pray but when Woodley did the same to Maia we hate him.

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

Jones did some crimes, so did Gustaffson. DC has no reason to be hated but he is always booed. Demetrious is a p4p king and always gets treated badly. Woodley demonstrates the best defensive technique in mma today and gets shit on.
You joined August 2017 and only have 56 messages...sounds like a troll account, especially given the kind of thread you created here (false narrative of racism in the UFC).

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

X5hjbNr.gif

Feel sorry for you TS. Stuck in your'e own racist, paranoid echo chamber.

Lol at "known to be disliked" and "praised". Great analytical study of your sociological theory. Awesome statistics, clearly stated hypothesis, and thorough analyses.

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

What the fuck are you talking about?! All you’ve done is give your interpretation of what YOU percieve to have happened. I could spin this a different way for every single fighter on your list.

Unfortunately, it does come across as a thinly veiled attempt to evoke some sort of race emotion. That’s your issue, and it’s definitely on you. Good luck with that.

Woodley beat Lawler, Condit, Wonderboy x2, Maia.

And gets no respect, in fact gets shitted on

I think you're confusing respect with lack of fawning or praise. He's just boring to watch. Not much of a risk taker. I still watch his fights, but it's a business and this business thrives on excitement.

Sincerely,

A former teammate of his

Because whitaker threw five times as many strikes as Woodley.

Because whitaker was the underdog again st a super dangers opponent.

Because people felt Woodley could have easily dispatched maia.

Because whitaker turned im an awesome perfomnce against a super dangerpus guy on one leg.

Because theyou fought completely differently and it's a terrible comparison.

Because whitaker is very humble and doesn't complain that people don't find his fights exciting after setting a record for fewest fights.

Plenty of people hate on Conor and gsp. Gsp had many more haters when he was reigning.

Tons of people hate conor.
/Thread

I doubt any serious mma fan discounts Woodley's skill level. It's how boring and plodding his fights have become that turns people off, among other things. In no way is this the same as Whittaker, who brings the action and then sprawls.

Because Romero is a threat on the feet. Maia is not.

People are making no distinction between “getting no respect” and being criticized for “being boring” Woodley is a super skilled fighter that puts me to sleep. It’s like the guy is running at 50% and still superior to the rest of the division. He can be so devastating yet he’s so incredibly timid.

Whittaker was actually engaging. Woodley won by stuffing takedowns and throwing nothing. Also Woodley is black

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

I'm pretty sure Conor and GSP get their share of hate. So take your BS somewhere else.

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

Lol...has to be one of the worst threads I've seen in a long time.

From comparing two completely different fights with completely different circumstances, to full on race baiting. Wow

You are why people think the sherdog forums are full of retards, well done

Back