Why does whittaker get credit for sprawl and praying Romero but Woodley gets hate?

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
we all praise whittaker for getting a narrow win over romero via sprawl n pray but when Woodley did the same to Maia we hate him.

I wonder why. Dont think it has to be said.

Lets look at the following fighters who are known to be disliked.

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Now lets look at praised fighters

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

Jones did some crimes, so did Gustaffson. DC has no reason to be hated but he is always booed. Demetrious is a p4p king and always gets treated badly. Woodley demonstrates the best defensive technique in mma today and gets shit on.

we all praise whittaker for getting a narrow win over romero via sprawl n pray but when Woodley did the same to Maia we hate him.

I wonder why. Dont think it has to be said.

Lets look at the following fighters who are known to be disliked.

Woodley
Jon Jones
Daniel Cormier
Demetrious Johnson

Now lets look at praised fighters

Robert Whitaker
Alexander Gustaffson
Conor McGregor
GSP

<mma4>

Cause Woodley triggered every white mma fan out there. Not me though. I appreciate his trolling skills and lack of fucks given

Whitaker landed very good shots and combos, but it happens that Romero Ubermenscg genetics also includes incredible chin.

Totally different man. Woodley was waiting with his back against the cage the whole fight

334.gif

Totally different man. Woodley was waiting with his back against the cage the whole fight

Woodley got a kd and completely shut down maia’s game which many top talented fighters struggled. And he gets criticized for a perfect defensive performance but gsp l&p is ok cause its all control and neutralizing the enemy. Whitaker is ok cause he lands a few punches even tho woodley scored a kd

I don't get your point. Do you mean to say that Australian, European and Canadian fighters are more popular than American fighters?

Nice a race thread. Gg

Facts are you can find tons hate threads for all those white fighters too but ignore that too make this sad topic.

I will say woodley is a special case because he says stuff like TS and complaints about every one he has to fight. Whittaker just asks who's next Jacare sure, yoel sure, rematch yoel sure.

Nice a race thread. Gg

Facts are you can find tons hate threads for all those white fighters too but ignore that too make this sad topic.

I will say woodley is a special case because he says stuff like TS and complaints about every one he has to fight. Whittaker just asks who's next Jacare sure, yoel sure, rematch yoel sure.

Woodley beat Lawler, Condit, Wonderboy x2, Maia.

And gets no respect, in fact gets shitted on

Um.. yoel is a beast. Maia has shit takedowns. And Tyrone didn't do anything bar stuff takedowns. I think there were 20 punches thrown that fight.

Because whitaker threw five times as many strikes as Woodley.

Because whitaker was the underdog against a super dangerous opponent.

Because people felt Woodley could have easily dispatched maia.

Because whitaker turned im an awesome perfomnce against a super dangerous guy on one leg.

Because they fought completely differently and it's a terrible comparison.

Because whitaker is very humble and doesn't complain that people don't find his fights exciting after setting a record for fewest fights.

Plenty of people hate on Conor and gsp. Gsp had many more haters when he was reigning.

Tons of people hate conor.

Last edited:
The main problem I had with Woodley-Maia was that I felt like Woodley had a standup advantage that he didnt take advantage of. He simply refused to engage. Whitaker was up against someone who looked unstoppable and was able to weather the storm, fight back, and win.

Because that fight was still better than any of Woodley's last 3 and Whittaker actually goes in there to fight.

Let's look at how popular Colby is vs. how popular Anderson Silva is.

Hmmmm interesting.

Cause Woodley is a hypocritical asshole.

People hate Woodley because he has this idea that he deserves all this money and these huge, super fights, but based on his recent performances he does not.

Because New Zealand is the most privileged country in the world. Goddamn entitled kiwis always casting a shadow over the hardworking American man.

Back