Why Does Brock Have Any Incentive to Try to Win?

Losing to Hunt = broken face and brain damage.

Who wants any of that shit??

He's not going to fight again.
We don't know that.

He'z getting a break from his WWE contract in order to do this... "one off fight" but that doesn't mean he won't be back for more once that contract is up.

He'z set for life. He doesn't have to do this. It's an inner drive that he won't be able to live with himself if he doesn't give it another go while healthy. Believe he'z gonna come with all gunz blazing!

gif Brock explosion.gif

I don't know what the matchmaker was thinking. This is the worst fight possible for Brock. If he doesn't get a takedown everyone in the building knows whats coming next. It's going to be hard to watch.
I think that's the point! He ain't about coming back for the sake of just coming back. He'z being given a major challenge cause he'z a force to be reckoned with and doesn't have time to screw around in the kiddy pool.

@NightwingBJJ @BC 206 @RedKing_Trystar

Last edited:
I don't really rate Brock but he's going to destroy Hunt. He's definitely got the power to hurt Hunt but I see GnP stoppage.

He's a big fan of money and receiving a beating and brain damage

I think that's the point! He ain't about coming back for the sake of just coming back. He'z being given a major challenge cause he'z a force to be reckoned with and doesn't have time to screw around in the kiddy pool.
There are other major challenges.

It took them about 3 to 4 years of amazing booking to get Lesnar where he is now, after he initially came back he lost every feud he was in, to Cena and HHH, they didn't give him this huge push until 2 or 3 years after his last mma fight and they let him go over Taker, he's been on a tear since. If he loses, that whole unstoppable human shit goes out the window, even his handler Paul Heyman has admitted that losing would hurt the image he has right now in the WWE.
this is about more than image. this is about staring at the mirror when he'z too old to do it anymore & wishing he'd went for it. He'z all ready set for life. He doesn't need a WWE image to uphold. When he'z too old to be in the WWE he can sit back & say to his grandkidz that he f*ckin' went for it!

One of only 3 people to ever hold the belt for a trio of consecutive winz doen't need to wade in the kiddy pool upon returning.
Getting in the cage with any other top-10 heavyweight is considered the kiddy pool? Mmmkay. Go away now.

Hes not coming back for money
Hes coming back because his competitive nature wont allow him to end his career with that ass whoopin by Overeem
This word gets thrown around a lot on this dumb ass board but Brock is a true alpha male and he needs to prove that hes better than his opponent
He couldve came back against anyone and Dana wouldve quickly said yes but he chose Mark Hunt because he wants a battle and he wants to challenge himself
People like Brock dont lay down and quit outta fear of getting hurt, they may lose to someone better but they dont just give up like a pussy
Spot on as usual Pliny

Getting in the cage with any other top-10 heavyweight is considered the kiddy pool? Mmmkay. Go away now.
You're putting wordz into my mouth... I didn't say anything about the top 10 & neither did you until this last post. You only make quick statements that don't explain your entire thought. You're all good with me... but if you want to spar with me you could at least hit your f*ckin like button every now & then.

People can say what they want about Brock, but he is not coming back for the money.. it seems pretty clear he has as much of that as he could possibly need in this lifetime, or ten more.. sure, he is getting paid... but it not like it is going to fundamentally change his life...
Life lesson: Never assume you know what another man needs or how much is enough to satisfy him.

You're putting wordz into my mouth... I didn't say anything about the top 10 & neither did you until this last post. You only make quick statements that don't explain your entire thought. You're all good with me... but if you want to spar with me you could at least hit your f*ckin like button every now & then.
I've never heard anyone whine about not getting a like. And you are whining about it to someone that clearly didn't like anything you said. This is strange.

I've never heard anyone whine about not getting a like. And you are whining about it to someone that clearly didn't like anything you said. This is strange.
I'm just trying to lighten it up with the like thing... You got your point of view & I got mine & we're talking about it. That's why I clicked yourz throughout this conversation. We don't gotta agree in order to enjoy a conversation.

We're just discussing speculative BS anyway trying to figure out what's in Brock's head or why Hunt instead of someone else. Fact is he'z coming back against Hunt... & he'z only one of 3 UFC HW's to hold a championship belt for a trio of winz.

Brock is anything but a mis-match for 3 time HW champion Brock Lesnar in my opinion & I'm having a discussion about it with you.. What's not to like about that?

Disagree.jpg

Last edited:
He's coming back for one fight and doing it for the $$$$$... He's not going to fight again.

So, why does he have any incentive to try to win and consequently risk injury? Especially that one would take him out of professional wrestling, like a Mark Hunt hook to the jaw, and end up making him lose money for taking this fight?

Is anyone taking that into account when they're placing bets?

1369449576510.jpg
I sadly agree. I wouldn't doubt if 1 min fight.

He's coming back for one fight and doing it for the $$$$$... He's not going to fight again.

So, why does he have any incentive to try to win and consequently risk injury? Especially that one would take him out of professional wrestling, like a Mark Hunt hook to the jaw, and end up making him lose money for taking this fight?

Is anyone taking that into account when they're placing bets?

1369449576510.jpg
IDK TS. Why does anyone have any incentive to win and not take an ass beating? Why sign up to fight if you don't intend to win? Why sign up and risk injury? Why sign up and fight the heaviest puncher? At least hand pick a wrestler or someone more safe. I'm sure if he wanted to, he can hand pick his opponent. I'm sure he had a lot of saying power.

But he didn't, you know why? Cuz he ain't no pussy. He still competed even though he wasn't 100%, even though he had another disease to battle. If anything, he have a bigger incentive to win this fight than ever before. Before, he can blame his losses on his illness. Now he says he is 100%. He has no more excuses. At least before, he was losing to former champs. It will look pretty bad to lose to a non champion.

Did you see Sapp fight before it turned into a paycheck for him?

I won second place in a math contest in 5th grade. And it would have been 1st place, I just felt bad for some of the losers and sabotaged myself.

Shit.. you may be right.

When you get bigger and get into sixth grade you can go for the gold on that math contest. Dream Big dude.

Its only a one-off if he loses.

Sort of like a married dude who says "I just like the chase; I won't actually sleep with her".

he's not doing it solely for the money if he wanted money he would've taken on a program with wwe as they were paying him VERY WELL

We don't know that.

He'z getting a break from his WWE contract in order to do this... "one off fight" but that doesn't mean he won't be back for more once that contract is up.

He'z set for life. He doesn't have to do this. It's an inner drive that he won't be able to live with himself if he doesn't give it another go while healthy. Believe he'z gonna come with all gunz blazing!

View attachment 112297
I really hope he does fight more than once, win or lose Brock is exciting to watch and explosive.

Back