Why do y'all hate on every thing that isn't boxing???????

Example number 1

Considering this is an mma site most in this sub forum are fans of both I assume!
Seems to me that many mma only fans seem upset that Connor was given no chance in Queensbury rules against a former great. It turns out they were right! Is that elitism or just being honest about a sport that your knowledgable about

Connor talked all sorts of shit leading up to the fight and ended up being walked down by a guy that had zero respect for his skills or mythical power. Much of the so called 'arrogance' from the boxing fans on here will also relate to the amount of troll threads started by posters who never post in this section such as the endless stream of 'boxing is dead' posts
And some people are even crying that connors getting no respect even though he used a stream of bullshit excuses post fight and is 100m richer. You couldn't make this shit up!
If you're going to call out fans for arrogance then you need to at least be consistent

I will answer the original question:

I joined this site before my start date on this forum, it was using different software at the time and i used to be a frequent poster in the MMA section, then as the sport become more popular, it attracted absolute idiots of the highest order(which explains all the stupid fucking posts about this 'event'). I like MMA, but i have been a follower of boxing for more than 35 years now, and that will always remain my number one combat sport.

The boxing forum on here has also been a lot better, but several good members left as it started getting flooded with people trolling from the MMA forum and a clash of personalities.

fake-tweet20170828-9-1eazcff.jpg

Boxers forum - "McGregor knows it's stupid to try and box Mayweather, right? I mean, he's an MMA fighter, those skills aren't 100% transferable to boxing."

MMA forum - "MCGREGOR'S GONNA KILL MAYWEATHER. MUH LEFT HAND MUH REACH. MCGREGOR'S CONQUERING BOXING"

You - "Why do you boxers hate other stuff so much?"

I love mma too, but i think it has many annoying fans.

I feel like there's more disdain coming from mma fans our way than the other way around.

A lot of "boxers aren't tough" talk

Also a high percentage of "I watch UFC, I can beat up a boxing champ" type of people

Same people that call boxing fans "snobs"

I don't understand some boxing elitist points of view that every discipline compared to boxing is inferior. I prefer mma, but I watch all disciplines and enjoy fights no matter what sport. why are some of you on sherdog but hate mma????

You're right OP,...us boxing fans will stop making claims such as "MMA is dead, nobody watches it anymore", or "Lomachenko would force Mighty Mouse to tap out, in the Octagon or a real fight". Its been boxing fans who've been the unreasonable elitists this whole time. A thousand apologies.

Problem with MMA is that it's still a relatively undeveloped sport with a lot of sub-par talent competing in its paramount organization. Outside of the best 10 guys, the UFC is mostly taxi drivers shooting double legs and winging hooks. I've been an MMA fan for a long time now, but its typical amateurism only makes me appreciate the refinement of the sweet science more.

You are misunderstanding the situation.

Almost everyone here knows if Floyd fought Connor in the UFC he would get submitted easily. Not because MMA is superior but because it's a different sport. The fact soooooo many people believed that Connor could beat Floyd in a boxing match was not only idiotic but kind of insulting. The same why it would be insulting if I said Floyd could go into the octagon and be the favorite against Connor. Get it now?

Boxing is superior to MMA in a fucking boxing ring.

The same way MMA will almost always beat boxing in a fucking cage.

The inability to grasp that concept for all these non-boxing fans trolling the boxing forum is astonishing.

I find it insulting that you think Conor would beat Floyd by submission.

Conor would destroy Floyd on the feet in mma. He's a different beast when you implement his distance control with his kicks.
He already proved he's capable of countering Floyd without any of his lefts set up with kicks.

Conor not going to be just pawing his jab out like he did on Saturday for distance control. Those jabs turn into kicks instead.

You pay for an mma forum membership

Nerd... no I don't.
BAM gave it to me after I won some poll regarding who should get a free plat membership.

You know what they say when you assume:
You make and ass out of you and you're liable to get a backhand from me.

Nerd... no I don't.
BAM gave it to me after I won some poll regarding who should get a free plat membership.

You know what they say when you assume:
You make and ass out of you and you're liable to get a backhand from me.
You have a mental illness

I don't understand some boxing elitist points of view that every discipline compared to boxing is inferior. I prefer mma, but I watch all disciplines and enjoy fights no matter what sport. why are some of you on sherdog but hate mma????
Honestly, I picture most of the posters who come to the boxing forum from the UFC forum to be a lot like this kid.

I would almost be willing to be that that dork posted in this forum at some point over the past few months.

Honestly, I picture most of the posters who come to the boxing forum from the UFC forum to be a lot like this kid.

I would almost be willing to be that that dork posted in this forum at some point over the past few months.

Lol, nailed it seano.

Who exactly hates mma? And like you said it's a boxing forum. When the two I used to post at I came here. Deal with it man.

You pay for an mma forum membership

Mods hand them out all the time. DMF came through here late one night and just started asking the forum "who should I give plats to?"

Back