Why do some people support Conor earning 100 million?

I hate Conor for a half dozen reasons.

But him breaking the bank isn't one of Them.

If he's not the one gettin' paid, that mean only more money for the bald goof and other execs making money on fighters Back.

They are not the ones gettin' hit in the face, and we don't put our hard Earned money for PPV because of the Billionaires Who own that things.

Why would you want Conor (or any other fighter for the matter) to earn that kind of money? How does it benefit society? How does it benefit the sport? How does it benefit you personally?

I constantly read people here saying "Conor fought Floyd to earn 100 million dollars" as if it is a good thing, to excuse Conor ducking contenders and not defending for more than a year.

Having that kind of money is nothing but greed, but the worst thing is that his fans don't even get anything from it, they just support it for some reason, even though it's totally immoral and wrong from social perspective, not to mention that it destroys the sport.

It's not just Conor, it's the same thing with Floyd fans and other fans who support this type of fighters and their persona. For some reason they care more about how much money they make rather than the integrity of the sport. Then they openly excuse the ducking and cherry picking because it's "good business".
Some people like to see others do well, if you're normal and you see someone work fucking hard to be the best version of himself that he can, if they provide you with quality entertainment in the most violent sport we have, if they push the envelope and walk their own path then I have absolutely no problem with them making 100 million, I have no problem with them making whatever they can get their hands on, just because I work a 40 hour week I'm supposed to be jealous? Fuck no, more power to him, more power to everyone else that makes it to the big show.

If you're jealous you're a cunt.

I have a gut feeling Conor wasn't paid $100 million, just because Dana was involved in the negotiations.

I don't have anything to back it up, its just a gut feeling.

How does it benefit society? It provides high level sports entertainment similar to the Football, NBA and NFL.

You don't need any money to fight. MMA doesn't need any money at all. You literally just need a pair of shorts and gloves or not even that.

MMA was much better in the 90s when there was no money in it and people fought for HONOR.

Who doesnt want to see their favourite athletes getting paid for putting the mental and physical health on the line to entertain the masses?

I want them to fight for their honor and the honor of their nation and race, not for money. Just like the athletes in the Olympics are supposed to ever since the days of the ancient Greece. Did the Olympic athletes in ancient Greece only parcitipate if they were offered millions of drachmas?

Why would you want Conor (or any other fighter for the matter) to earn that kind of money? How does it benefit society? How does it benefit the sport? How does it benefit you personally?

I constantly read people here saying "Conor fought Floyd to earn 100 million dollars" as if it is a good thing, to excuse Conor ducking contenders and not defending for more than a year.

Having that kind of money is nothing but greed, but the worst thing is that his fans don't even get anything from it, they just support it for some reason, even though it's totally immoral and wrong from social perspective, not to mention that it destroys the sport.

It's not just Conor, it's the same thing with Floyd fans and other fans who support this type of fighters and their persona. For some reason they care more about how much money they make rather than the integrity of the sport. Then they openly excuse the ducking and cherry picking because it's "good business".

People are drawn to success and successful people. It's human nature. People need to escape their boring mundane lives and live through famous people they support. This is nothing new.

You don't need any money to fight. MMA doesn't need any money at all. You literally just need a pair of shorts and gloves or not even that.

MMA was much better in the 90s when there was no money in it and people fought for HONOR.

I want them to fight for their honor and the honor of their nation and race. Just like the athletes in the Olympics are supposed to ever since the days of the ancient Greece.

I wish Sherdog had a "Vote to ban this idiot" thread. <DisgustingHHH>

You sound like a poor, ugly, beta, SJW

tenor.gif

Thats how I feel about most sports. But its a free country. Employers pay what they think someone is worth

So basically you would be ok having no penis for the rest of your life for a 100mil? I don't know man...

For 100 million? You can probably get 3 new ones with that kind of money lol

I guess it's a cultural thing. Americans and other Anglos seem to be very servile to the rich, they never even had any kind of real social revolution in their countries, so I guess you just have this individualist pro-capitalist mentality. Personally, I just can't understand how anyone can support a single person getting rich to such extent. It doesn't benefit the nation, it creates greed and unhealthy competition inside your own nation and community.

From the sports perspective, it makes the athletes less hungry and less motivated to fight. The result is that Conor doesn't even want to fight anymore.

It would be better for his own good if he didn't have any money because he would then be forced to build a better legacy or do some productive job in society.

Future generations of mma fighters will be motivated by that money to dedicate themselves to the sport and sponsored by better equipped gyms/sponsors in hopes of making that money. Seems like a much better alternative than being forced to train out of the states shit gym since the age of 5

People are drawn to success and successful people. It's human nature. People need to escape their boring mundane lives and live through famous people they support. This is nothing new.

Success was never defined through money, only in the modern times. We don't remember the rich people from the middle ages, we remember the great kings and heroes. Or do you value Fugger family more than Eugen of Savoy? Your logic only exists for 100-200 years and hasn't produced a single notable civilization. It has nothing to do with human nature.

I mean it's pretty much fucked the UFC from a money standpoint trying to get him to come back, but I don't particularly care about them either. The man is a pompous jackass who talks better than he fights, but he's the one making millions so can't fault him for that.

I want them to fight for their honor and the honor of their nation and race, not for money. Just like the athletes in the Olympics are supposed to ever since the days of the ancient Greece. Did the Olympic athletes in ancient Greece only parcitipate if they were offered millions of drachmas?
Of course they fight for money, it's a fucking job, this may shock you but literally every fighter that's ever fought in mma has done so for money,, not always much money, but not one of them has ever turned down a paycheque because of honour.
And none of them give a fuck about what you want them to do.

You are everything that is wrong and despised about your generation. Not everyone exhibits it, but you are a shining example of a negative stereotype

Begrudging someone’s success, and more importantly wondering why someone would be happy for someone unless it benefits them

Conor busted his ass, and played an excellent game of career “chess” to put himself in the position to make 100 million dollars

God, you suck.

Why would I have no penis...I'd be able to have it fixed..and maybe have it shortened a little too, as it's already massive..
Pump up jock?

You need to keep people hungry otherwise they don't want to fight.

This is true on social level and it's true in sports as well.

Modern Western society is too greedy, too soft, too weak, too spoiled, too degenerate.

Back