Why do MMA fans struggle to accept reality?

Ragnus

K-1 Heavyweight Champion
@Green
Reaction score
I've been seeing it far to often and have been replying to numerous comments on this forum on the matter and have decided to create my own discussion about it. I am going to paraphrase but i constantly see comments such as "if anderson didn't show boat he would have beat wiedman", "if anderson had strong legs he would have beat wiedman the 2nd time", "if the first round in tj vs cody was 10seconds longer cody would have won", "if there were no rounds nate would have beat conor", "jones would have been good regardless of steroids" and "if conor didn't land that one punch against aldo he would have won". I can think of like a billion more examples. The reality is anderson did show boat, anderson does have weak legs, there wasnt 10second more in the round in tj vs cody, there are rounds and steroids are against the rules and give massive advantages. Accept reality folks there is objectivity in the UFC, if you beat a fighter in the UFC you are a better UFC fighter, you may not have a better resume, you may not be the favorite in the next fight but you are the better fighter by UFC standards.

TLDR; It doesn't matter how you lose whether its by injury, it doesn't matter if you were close to winning the fight, it doesn't matter if you looked better in the last round, it matters if you win. A fighter needs to be evaluated on actual accomplishments not theoretical possibilities.

PS: a few more examples is tyron woodley's win over condit being debated when he clearly won the fight by leg kick and michael chandlers loss to Brent Primus wasn't a legit loss when it was, he was injured and it was decided that he couldn't continue

This is the way people/ fans are.Myopic central.
It is what it is

I agree, it doesn’t really matter what could have happened. Some people can’t accept that their guy lost.

It’s like people trying to deny GSP’s awesome GOATness. Denial is a bitch.

Unconsciosly we make thousands of alternate realities every minute of the day.. people like to make stories and talk about it.. it makes life interesting.

Unless of course you're an unconscius moron.

PS: a few more examples is tyron woodley's win over condit being debated when he clearly won the fight by leg kick.

No he didn't. I attended that fight. Condit twisted his knee and fell, it was not an injury cause from Tyron Woodley. Here is the gif. You can see Tyron throw a leg kick to Condit's left leg, when Condit goes down he is grabbing his right leg.

cc_knee.gif

Unconsciosly we make thousands of alternate realities every minute of the day.. people like to make stories and talk about it.. it makes life interesting.

Unless of course you're an unconscius moron.
I agree man the problem is the semantics people are using, i love to debate things that arent in reality, i love theology, metaphysics and philosophy, people need to be saying things like " I think if anderon see's a sports psychologist and learns that showboating is not effective I think he could win the rematch" or "if anderson takes come calcium supplements and does some physio I think he can beat wiedman" or "i think nate would be the best fighter in the world if there werent rounds" instead people say "anderson is better than wiedman" and "nate destroyed conor twice he is a way better fighter than conor"

I've been seeing it far to often and have been replying to numerous comments on this forum on the matter and have decided to create my own discussion about it. I am going to paraphrase but i constantly see comments such as "if anderson didn't show boat he would have beat wiedman", "if anderson had strong legs he would have beat wiedman the 2nd time", "if the first round in tj vs cody was 10seconds longer cody would have won", "if there were no rounds nate would have beat conor", "jones would have been good regardless of steroids" and "if conor didn't land that one punch against aldo he would have won". I can think of like a billion more examples. The reality is anderson did show boat, anderson does have weak legs, there wasnt 10second more in the round in tj vs cody, there are rounds and steroids are against the rules and give massive advantages. Accept reality folks there is objectivity in the UFC, if you beat a fighter in the UFC you are a better UFC fighter, you may not have a better resume, you may not be the favorite in the next fight but you are the better fighter by UFC standards.

TLDR; It doesn't matter how you lose whether its by injury, it doesn't matter if you were close to winning the fight, it doesn't matter if you looked better in the last round, it matters if you win. A fighter needs to be evaluated on actual accomplishments not theoretical possibilities.

PS: a few more examples is tyron woodley's win over condit being debated when he clearly won the fight by leg kick and michael chandlers loss to Brent Primus wasn't a legit loss when it was, he was injured and it was decided that he couldn't continue
idk what you're on about but...
Anderson's age was a huge factor, it's obvious from how Weidman's performed after. I've seen so many long reigning legends at old age in boxing/MMA/Kickboxing lose to guys who didn't live up to the hype after that.
However, De Chris' victory was fair and square, but lets not pretend Andy wasn't out of prime.

Every other victory u named is pure legit. Conor was better than Aldo that night. TJ was better than Cody that night. etc. and no age, injury or whatever could possibly used as an excuse.

You're a little bias urself, but still reasonable, however I can empathize and relate with u, that a lot of sherdoggers are completely blinded.

No he didn't. I attended that fight. Condit twisted his knee and fell, it was not an injury cause from Tyron Woodley. Here is the gif. You can see Tyron throw a leg kick to Condit's left leg, when Condit goes down he is grabbing his right leg.

cc_knee.gif
bro i don't care whether tyron caused the injury, tyrons presence is forcing these reactions by condit, the rules state you need to defend yourself at all times, Condit came in overtrained his joints were weak because he knew he had a tough fight, his knee tore and he couldnt continue. Thats like saying my cousin with down syndrome could beat tyrone if he didnt have down syndrome, guess what he does. Guess what condit had a week knee in that fight and couldnt continue. Tyron wins by TKO (injury) IDGAF if it was self inflicted

idk what you're on about but...
Anderson's age was a huge factor, it's obvious from how Weidman's performed after. I've seen so many long reigning legends at old age in boxing/MMA/Kickboxing lose to guys who didn't live up to the hype after that.
However, De Chris' victory was fair and square, but lets not pretend Andy wasn't out of prime.

Every other victory u named is pure legit. Conor was better than Aldo that night. TJ was better than Cody that night. etc. and no age, injury or whatever could possibly used as an excuse.

You're a little bias urself, but still reasonable, however I can empathize and relate with u, that a lot of sherdoggers are completely blinded.
anderson being out of his prime is a fair assessment and I agree, im not debating whether chris's resume is better (i dont think it is) i was debating who was the better fighter on those 2 occasions and it was chris.

While I agree with you in principal there are times that the other side has a point. Like when Bisping knocked out Luke. People generally still believed that Bisping wasn't the best in the division. He just landed one good punch. The people were right.

bro i don't care whether tyron caused the injury, tyrons presence is forcing these reactions by condit, the rules state you need to defend yourself at all times, Condit came in overtrained his joints were weak because he knew he had a tough fight, his knee tore and he couldnt continue. Thats like saying my cousin with down syndrome could beat tyrone if he didnt have down syndrome, guess what he does. Guess what condit had a week knee in that fight and couldnt continue. Tyron wins by TKO (injury) IDGAF if it was self inflicted

Bro I don't care if you are ignorant. It was a freak injury to an area of the body Tyron never even touched. I don't care about your little denial thread but you are showing signs of it.

MMA has a very delusional fandom for some reason ... Somehow out of all people their favorite fighters are clean and too righteous to use PEDs lmao

While I agree with you in principal there are times that the other side has a point. Like when Bisping knocked out Luke. People generally still believed that Bisping wasn't the best in the division. He just landed one good punch. The people were right.
that is a fair assessment, i dont believe bisping was the best middeweight in the world but people tried to say he wasn't the champion when he clearly was, he knocked out luke rockhold.

cc_knee.gif

Couldn't one still argue that Tyron caused the injury with the kick? I mean they are fighting and Condit did react to the kick which caused the injury right?

Couldn't one still argue that Tyron caused the injury with the kick? I mean they are fighting and Condit did react to the kick which caused the injury right?

I suppose if you want to credit Tyron as the only man in history to cause a right knee injury while kicking the left left. It was a freak injury and Tyron never touched Condit's right leg.

Would be a much more boring discussion forum if we never asked "what if..."

Bro I don't care if you are ignorant. It was a freak injury to an area of the body Tyron never even touched. I don't care about your little denial thread but you are showing signs of it.
this is litterally the opposite of the denial thread, part of being a good fighter is making sure you don't have a torn ACL, guess what when you tear your ACL your not longer good at fighting, he lost the fight fair and square. Usain bolt false started at the 2011 world championships he was a massive favorite, guess what he lost you can't false start its against the rules, he was nervous he had stiff competition in his training partner yohan blake and the nerves got to him. The 2011 world champion is yohan blake he was the fastest man in the world at the moment under the track rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back