Why do Central Asian Countries produce such great Wrestlers and Fighters

Dagestan and Russia in general have a very good amateur developmental system, and invest a lot in their amateur athletes as a whole.

Wrestling is primarily an amateur sport.

This, it's as developed as it is in the U.S., which is why those two countries dominate the sport.

Well watch out now and I am serious some of nuslim countries might take mma serious as well
that pre built in excuse applies to so many other countries even more so than middle eastern or muslim majority countries, i’m sure if any country “took mma serious” they’d be producing decent fighters, i’ll believe it when i see it though.

Last edited:
“Central Asian countries” lol no Dagestan, Chechnya and Georgia pretty much. To put it vaguely i’d say its something about their training that makes them so successful.

They have close knit social circles with other Eastern European guys who they train beside like Petr Yan, Anatoly Malykhin, Sergei Pavlovich, Yaroslav Amosov(Who lost recently), etc who are also good fighters

Take Roman Kopylov for an Example, he’s always had crisp striking but his losses always ended up being due to some grappler taking him down and beating him that way. He started training in Dagestan and the difference in his grappling defense has been visible since then.

I insist, it's not simply because of popularity and amount of resources, which is what you imply.
The resouces dedicated by Spain to soccer is/are certainly not bigger than in UK, where soccer is almost a religion, or in countries that are much bigger and richer.

It's mainly about the training methods and that's not simply explained by the action of government.
The revolutionary system applied by Guardiola in soccer is not a result of that, it's a continuation of the work done by other masters in his field (some of them not even Spanish) which are not related to any action from governemnt.

Similar goes to Abdulmanap Nurmagomedov creating two p4p talents in a row as Khabib/Islam, or how suddenly Australia produces two p4p talents as Volk/Israel from a country that doesnt even dedicate such a huge amount of resources to the matter.

Are Guardiola, Abulmanap or Eugene Bareman a result of the "huge resources" dedicated to their activities from the government of Spain, Daguestan or Australia in comparison with other regions?....Nah, not really. It's way more complex/uncertain than that.
Israel is not from Australia.

Nah that is like me saying Okami is Korean.
It would be like saying Stun Gun is a product of Japanese MMA circuit, which to a large extent is true, but more so in Israel's example for the topic at hand.

But you were never the sharpest tool in the box, friend. I still like you though

It would be like saying Stun Gun is a product of Japanese MMA circuit, which to a large extent is true, but more so in Israel's example for the topic at hand.

But you were never the sharpest tool in the box, friend. I still like you though
Don't backtrack. You got it wrong. Stop trying to change goal posts now.

Shavkat is only good Central Asian fighter. Khabib, Islam, Khamzat et al. are all from Kavkaz mountains.

Back