Why do camps let fighters get out of shape?

People don't do year round camps. What a crazy world

I don't care what you want and I don't care what you wanna show.
All is known about you already - you're a pathetic , lifeless virgin like hundreds of others on sherdog, you're not special in any way.

I understand that you're butthurt that I shoved the truth about Holloway straight into your stupid face, but that's none of my concern really
“Stupid jerk! Your life sucks and I know it cuz I said it! Where’s my mom I want eggs!”

And check mate. See yourself out kid

Not at all. It just means he can't eat fatty food and drink alcohol. That's it.

There's a difference between gaining 5 pounds between fights because you eat a bit more food, and gaining 20 pounds between fights because you eat whatever you want and drink a lot of alcohol.

I lost 15 pounds just by cutting out fatty food and alcohol from my diet. Now I'm only ~10 pounds overweight, and I barely work out. Don't underestimate how much a clean diet makes a difference.
God I hate people who just assume shit to be facts in their own heads, like my ex wife.

“Stupid jerk! Your life sucks and I know it cuz I said it! Where’s my mom I want eggs!”

And check mate. See yourself out kid

Dude, you have been proven wrong and stupid in your own Holloway related thread and then started to go deep into your fantasy world, telling stories about house and wife to feel slightly better about yourself.

It's clear from your infantile speech and a total lack of common sense who you are - a sad, pathetic delusional liar.
Nothing to prove here and definitely nothing to see...yawn.

Dude, you have been proven wrong and stupid in your own Holloway related thread and then started to go deep into your fantasy world, telling stories about house and wife to feel slightly better about yourself.

It's clear from your infantile speech and a total lack of common sense who you are - a sad, pathetic delusional liar.
Nothing to prove here and definitely nothing to see...yawn.
“I have nothing else to say so I’m going to keep up this charade that your life sucks so I can tuck myself in at night without having bad dreams. I won’t wager against my crappy argument so let’s just agree that I’m right and you’re wrong. Please? Please?!”

Fighters have too much off-season time compared to other sports. What can camps possible do about it?

“I have nothing else to say so I’m going to keep up this charade that your life sucks so I can tuck myself in at night without having bad dreams. I won’t wager against my crappy argument so let’s just agree that I’m right and you’re wrong. Please? Please?!”

I have already proven you wrong actually, from the very first response. All the next "debate" was due to your infantile brain being unable to comprehendcthe simple fact, that Holloway cuts too much and cannot stay close to 145 between camps.

All the "personal" conversation where you start making up stuff about yourself to stir the attention from you being wrong and stupid is redundant.
We both know that even if you say that you have a castle and 4 wives, that will not change your miserable situation. And your current status is clear to everybody here.

Just move on with your life. Try to go outside and speak with the girl for the first time in your life maybe? Your mommy will be proud

I know how cutting works guy. But you're missing my point.

Let's say Max cut 15 pounds for this fight. He had a great weight cut this time around, because he was in shape. But maybe during his previous camp Max was heavier (because of shit diet), and as a result he had to cut 20 pounds to make 145. Needing to cut 20 pounds puts Max at much more risk, which is all set up by poor pre-camp fitness.

In other words, by having better pre-camp shape, Max actually needs to cut less water weight:

Case #1: Good diet/exercise between fights, 165 pounds pre-camp weight -- Max gets down to 160 and cuts 15 pounds to make 145. Perfect weight cut.

Case #2: Poor diet/exercise between fights, 180 pounds pre-camp weight -- Max only gets down to 165 pounds for his cut, has to cut 20 pounds to make 145. Poor, dangerous weight cut.

It's his life. Maybe he likes what he says he likes ... and that's to eat.

I have already proven you wrong actually, from the very first response. All the next "debate" was due to your infantile brain being unable to comprehendcthe simple fact, that Holloway cuts too much and cannot stay close to 145 between camps.

All the "personal" conversation where you start making up stuff about yourself to stir the attention from you being wrong and stupid is redundant.
We both know that even if you say that you have a castle and 4 wives, that will not change your miserable situation. And your current status is clear to everybody here.

Just move on with your life. Try to go outside and speak with the girl for the first time in your life maybe? Your mommy will be proud

“I’m pretending that not only was my initial point right, but that you’re the one who brought up your personal life because I don’t have the gall to put my money where my mouth is. Also, owning a house and having a wife is so preposterous for my pathetic life, that it’s akin to living in a castle and have four wives like some fairy tale. But please, don’t make any conclusions about my sad and embarrassing life. Also, I overuse ‘infantile’ because I stopped reading books once I finished the Hank the Cowdog series.”

Anything else?

I feel like Max Holloway doesn't actually have issues making 145, if he stays in shape between camps. This can be said for a lot of fighters -- they get too heavy between fights and have trouble making weight (Anthony Pettis).

To me, this is a clear failure on the fighters' camps. The people around them need to be police, and demand that their fighters stay in shape and be disciplined. It can literally be a matter of life and death -- getting overweight between camps can cause your kidneys to shut down during the cut.
he's an adult. However, in some very rare cases in the NFL they have weight targets tied into bonuses throughout the off season

Eddie Lacy, a running had $385,000 in bonuses based on his weight throughout the year

Majority of you here are only talking about eating/exercise and completely ignoring injuries

Some fights you eat a ton of leg kicks and your cardio will be impaired for a month for example

Aldo landed some hard kicks on Max early in the fight

“I’m pretending that not only was my initial point right, but that you’re the one who brought up your personal life because I don’t have the gall to put my money where my mouth is. Also, owning a house and having a wife is so preposterous for my pathetic life, that it’s akin to living in a castle and have four wives like some fairy tale. But please, don’t make any conclusions about my sad and embarrassing life. Also, I overuse ‘infantile’ because I stopped reading books once I finished the Hank the Cowdog series.”

Anything else?

No, my little friend.
It's not preposterous for me. Only for you.
It's YOU who feels the sudden urge to prove something about yourself (or at least pretend that you prove it), because of your misery after being proven wrong in MMA forum, as a form of compensation.
It's your issues and no one else's.

And as of you being infantile? Well, what can I do if that's the description that suits you most? It's in your writing, it's in your lack of comprehension, it's in your lies about yourself and childish attempts to defend those lies. What else should I call you?

No, my little friend.
It's not preposterous for me. Only for you.
It's YOU who feels the sudden urge to prove something about yourself (or at least pretend that you prove it), because of your misery after being proven wrong in MMA forum, as a form of compensation.
It's your issues and no one else's.

And as of you being infantile? Well, what can I do if that's the description that suits you most? It's in your writing, it's in your lack of comprehension, it's in your lies about yourself and childish attempts to defend those lies. What else should I call you?
“I keep saying that you are trying to prove yourself, despite ignoring the fact that I made allegations to help morally win the argument. Now, instead of anteing up, I’m going to keep saying that your life sucks. I also say that you have the sudden urge, thereby ignoring the fact that I brought it up and I won’t drop it. Also, infantile, for good measure.”

Anything else?

a lot of camps are full of yes men, especially when a fighter is at the top. no one in BJ's camp was going to do anything other than cheer him on. i'd suspect conor's camps are more of the same.

“I keep saying that you are trying to prove yourself, despite ignoring the fact that I made allegations to help morally win the argument. Now, instead of anteing up, I’m going to keep saying that your life sucks. I also say that you have the sudden urge, thereby ignoring the fact that I brought it up and I won’t drop it. Also, infantile, for good measure.”

Anything else?

Morally win the argument? LOL how exactly?
Brought it and won't drop it? You keep lying about yourself, how does it help you cause exactly?

Dude, stop embarrassing yourself. You made your own stupid thread into something even more stupid that it was initially.
And all this because you're unable to accept your ignorance and delusions exposed....

Morally win the argument? LOL how exactly?
Brought it and won't drop it? You keep lying about yourself, how does it help you cause exactly?

Dude, stop embarrassing yourself. You made your own stupid thread into something even more stupid that it was initially.
And all this because you're unable to accept your ignorance and delusions exposed....
You are psychotic. If owning a house and being married has set you off on this uncontrollable tailspin I truly feel bad for how desperate your life must be. I take back what I said, I’ll allow you view me as a homeless virgin, for your sake. Secondly, I didn’t make this thread, I merely responded to it. Ironic, as much as you’ve gone on about reading comprehension, vocabulary, marriage, and home ownership, you seem to be on the receiving end of all of this. What do we call this in psychology? Is it projection, shit idk. Have a good one!

I think people who ask this question typically don't go to the gym. You can't train optimally if you are maintaining as low a body fat percentage as these fighters in these lower weight classes fight at. No athlete in any other professional sport starts the preseason at a body fat percentage under 10. You have to have some energy reserves if you are going to train hard.

I feel like the TS logic is flawed. Why do camps let fighters gain weight between camps? Because they are BETWEEN camps. You answered your own question. Coaches, managers, etc have a limited amount of control anyways but to think they control 100% of a fighters life is purely delusional.

You are psychotic. If owning a house and being married has set you off on this uncontrollable tailspin I truly feel bad for how desperate your life must be. I take back what I said, I’ll allow you view me as a homeless virgin, for your sake. Secondly, I didn’t make this thread, I merely responded to it. Ironic, as much as you’ve gone on about reading comprehension, vocabulary, marriage, and home ownership, you seem to be on the receiving end of all of this. What do we call this in psychology? Is it projection, shit idk. Have a good one!

I see that you're a little slow, so let me say the same thing again, maybe it will finally get to you:

It is clear from your writing, childish behavior, flawed logical abilities and further whining that you're an absolute loser who doesn't own anything in his life and definitely cannot attract anyone of the opposite sex.
No matter how many times you claim that you do that, it is clear that you're lying and it's unfortunate that you take my exposure of your lies so hard, that you go completely offtopic of the thread, ignoring Sherdog rules.

And sorry for confusing you with the TS, but you need to understand me as well: you're a moron just like him, you're not special whatsoever. Plus you made the same idiotic point about Holloway's ability to cut weight, so as I exposed you being wrong an ignorant , I did it to him pretty much at the same time.

I feel like Max Holloway doesn't actually have issues making 145, if he stays in shape between camps. This can be said for a lot of fighters -- they get too heavy between fights and have trouble making weight (Anthony Pettis).

To me, this is a clear failure on the fighters' camps. The people around them need to be police, and demand that their fighters stay in shape and be disciplined. It can literally be a matter of life and death -- getting overweight between camps can cause your kidneys to shut down during the cut.

Fighters are adults, they make their own decisions. Wtf are you talking about?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back