Why didn't Mike Jackson finish CM Punk?

It looks like Jackson could have finished Punk at any time but chose to toy with him instead pissing off Dana White who said he'd probably never fight inside of the Octagon again because of that. Jackson could have toyed with CM for 2-1/2 rounds and finished him in the 3rd but he didn't appear to even try to finish him. I saw him on top of Punk in mount and it looked like he was looking at his corner for instructions. I was like, "Is this a work? Is he throwing the fight?"

Either way, why don't you think Jackson didn't finish Punk?

does it really matter

Knocking Punk out cold with a ko highlight shot would’ve been more fame than fifteen minutes of what he did. He missed his chance then. He would’ve been known as the guy that knocked out CM Punk.
Yup, he fucked up big time.

The guy was handed a golden opportunity and had punk badly hurt and didn’t jump on it.

Listen to MMA hour with Ariel...last episode I think..

I think he was just so worried about getting caught that he wouldnt take that one extra step to finish

Yup, he fucked up big time.

The guy was handed a golden opportunity and had punk badly hurt and didn’t jump on it.
Anytime there’s a wrestling rerun showing CM Punk he could’ve bragged that he knocked him out. Imagine being at a bar and being able to say that.

I think he hit punk with a few hard shots and realised that he wasn't putting him away easily, he probably adrenaline dumped a little at that moment and was maybe feeling the pace, so having the upper hand and easily dominating punk he thought it better to cruise to victory than risk emptying his gas tank and having the shame of loosing to him.

He pinned him like 20 times. It's the ref's fault for not counting.

What I gathered from a recent interview I'm too lazy to hunt down was this in a nutshell:

I wanted to maximize the beatdown I put on him to ensure he understands he doesn't belong in the cage anymore and hopefully he'll retire and never take another spot from a deserving fighter ever again.

That's what I gathered from it all.

I'm still trying to find out what that imaginary stuff Mike Jackson kept trying to eat every time the camera was on him.

he couldnt, punk was too good. Punk finished on top of him..punk won the fight. haters will say that isnt true but it is

He explains it in the last episode of the MMA Hour. He stated that he didn't want to cause long-term damage to CM and also wanted to get his 15 minutes of fame in case he never returns to the UFC.

Well, he did that.

So, if Jackson is to carry even an inch of blame, where was the ref, and the corner?

Uhhh.... if you had watched the fight, then you wouldn't be asking this question. It was obvious that Jackson deliberately held back from doing enough to get the ref to stop the fight. And that is not by any means doing CM Punk a favor at all, thats what you do if you want to hurt your opponent as much as possible, with a sustained 15-minute beating that almost, but is not quite bad enough at any time to stop the fight.

Mike Jackson GOAT
giphy.gif

It looks like Jackson could have finished Punk at any time but chose to toy with him instead pissing off Dana White who said he'd probably never fight inside of the Octagon again because of that. Jackson could have toyed with CM for 2-1/2 rounds and finished him in the 3rd but he didn't appear to even try to finish him. I saw him on top of Punk in mount and it looked like he was looking at his corner for instructions. I was like, "Is this a work? Is he throwing the fight?"

Either way, why don't you think Jackson didn't finish Punk?
Cause he has black power tattooed on his chest!

Looked to me like he was trying to be cocky and a badass but looked like a compete idiot instead. I was really hoping for a double KO but never happened

It all looked a bit suspicious to me, hell Rogan even talked about it on commentary during the fight along with Dana's OTT reactions to Jackson after the fight. Was he maybe supposed to make Punk look half decent or god forbid lay down for him?

However if I remove my tinfoil hat the truth is he was a fighter who was 0-1, was in complete control of the fight & didn't want to do anything silly & be the guy who lost to CM Punk.

Punk has an iron chin, he has never been knocked out in his entire career

can't realy blame Jackson for this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back