Why didn't Mike Jackson finish CM Punk?

I felt like he thought he looked better than he did. From his eyes he was laying a beatdown and showboating to show his dominance. From everyone else's eyes he was involved in a below average amateur level fight and appeared to lack any actual skill set with which to end the fight against a gassed opponent who wasn't even fighting back.

Watching it live my friends and I debated if he was showboating or if he broke his hand or something. Eventually we figured out he was showboating and just kind of felt bad for him. I also felt bad for my friends watching it that are fighters in that weight class because they aren't in the UFC and knew they could have finished both of them at once within the first round.

Why does a kitten play with a ball of string?

It’s one thing when a next-level fighter (Anderson* Jon Jones * Roy Jones, even Michael Page) makes their professional opponent look like they don’t belong in the same sport. It’s another when it’s a circus freakshow between two 0-1 fighters. Jackson reminded me of Anderson, but in the Maia fight instead of the Griffin/Bonnar/etc fights.

Really who cares........ as long as we never see either of them in a UFC event again!

Would have taken Rampage Jackson to get him out of the Octagon...

He explains it in the last episode of the MMA Hour. He stated that he didn't want to cause long-term damage to CM and also wanted to get his 15 minutes of fame in case he never returns to the UFC.

Based.

he has bet on himself to go to decision and has made a shit load of money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cartoonq123
Back