Why didn't Aldo go train with Rda and his people for his cardio?

Why didn't Dan Henderson go train with Anderson for his speed?

I never understood why people think cardio is different than other physical abilities. The only time you see cardio improve is when a guy was in horrible shape to begin with. Aldo is always in great shape, so his cardio is what it is.

Are you serious? Of course It can bem improved. Just like strenght and other physical abilities. There are biological limits, of course, and some people just are better naturally in certain areas. Doesn't mean It can't be improved If sufficiently and efficiently worked on.

Aldo didn't win a single round IMO the 2nd time. Watching it, I felt like Holloway just completely outstriked him and picked him apart. Sure aldo landed some nice shots however he didn't outstrike Holloway, and even when Aldo landed a flush uppercut (I believe), it didn't even impact holloway in the slightest. Holloway kept pushing forward.

I gave him the first round, but Max's volume and body shots started to wear him down in the second

In what fight, the first or second? Holloway was barely outstruck in the first in the second fight.
In the first for sure, in the second too, but i haven't rewatched it so i could be wrong.

In the first for sure, in the second too, but i haven't rewatched it so i could be wrong.

First fight IMO Aldo won the first round easily, second fight I think Aldo edged the first round by that nice uppercut although Max ate it like it was nothing.

First fight IMO Aldo won the first round easily, second fight I think Aldo edged the first round by that nice uppercut although Max ate it like it was nothing.
Those Hawaiians chins are something else. Max has never been hurt in a fight that i have seen. Yancy's chin was immense that same night too, in a weightclass he's too small for.

Those Hawaiians chins are something else. Max has never been hurt in a fight that i have seen. Yancy's chin was immense that same night too, in a weightclass he's too small for.

Yancy.... Yea those Samoans have chins on them for sure. I do think Yancy is going to regret being in these fire fights later on in life.

The irony
conor haters still have no self awareness, they still think they aren't more obsessed than his fans LMAO.

who brought up conor multiple times in a thread that has nothing to do with him? oh right it was you.

conor haters still have no self awareness, they still think they aren't more obsessed than his fans LMAO.

who brought up conor multiple times in a thread that has nothing to do with him? oh right it was you.

That was bait for guys like you, which you quickly slurped up

Rda has elite cardio, the guy didn't even slow down after that 60 punch combo against Robbie. They are good friends, so why didn't Aldo, who has always struggled with slowing down in fights never went to train with Rda and his camp? Imagine if he had Rda's cardio against Holloway, that fight would have been way different.

Yeah let me just train with this guy and I'll inherit his cardio. Doesn't work like that.

And Aldo slowed down in both fights because Holloway attacked his body and wore him down that way.

Rda has elite cardio, the guy didn't even slow down after that 60 punch combo against Robbie. They are good friends, so why didn't Aldo, who has always struggled with slowing down in fights never went to train with Rda and his camp? Imagine if he had Rda's cardio against Holloway, that fight would have been way different.

I don't recall Aldo ever training outside of Brazil for a camp, not even for a shorter camp. In his mind training and living in Brazil shows his loyalty to Brazil, even though Pederneiras is now saying Brazilian fighters should have camps outside. Aldo started training when Brazil's economy was pumping and part of BRIC though the last couple of years many fighters have come out speaking about how hard it is to earn a good living there.

RDA has done tremendously since he initially moved to Kings then Evolve, such a change from the fighter that he was in the early part of his career.

IMO he's not built for cardio, not to mention that weight cut doesn't do him any favors

Maybe he doesn't have innate endurance. But just to have different options to fight a superior striker would be interesting. That was his demise: when better strikers showed up. He had no MMA tools to deal with it.

Its the drain from the weight cut, he'd look better at 155

Not sure. But after seeing Dos Anjos at 170. If you have the chance to... take it.

Must not have the heart to train cardio.

not everything is trainable. overeem can't just go train with hunt for a granite chin. everyone has different abilities and also limits on each ability. bisping could spend his entire training camp working on punching power with the hardesrt hitters in mma and he still wouldn't come close to hitting hard like a Drew McFredries etc. would.

Back