Why did Stipe gas so bad? - Taking down Ngannou wasn't hard.....

why are you idiots constantly trying to take away what Stipe accomplished? The man fought a beast, took his punches and had to contain that monster of a man for 25 minutes, while being outweighed substantially, and all you fucks can do is complain about him not finishing him. Maybe you whiners should try fighting

why are you idiots constantly trying to take away what Stipe accomplished? The man fought a beast, took his punches and had to contain that monster of a man for 25 minutes, while being outweighed substantially, and all you fucks can do is complain about him not finishing him. Maybe you whiners should try fighting

It was a poor performance by both.

Fought a beast for 25 mins.....you mean lied on a beast and recovered for 25 mins while not attempting to finish him when he could easily have especially in the 4th or 5th round when Ngannou could barely stand up to walk to his corner.

Hell.....the ref had to continually tell him to be active otherwise he'd stand them up!

Ngannou didn't do much to stop the takedowns but he is a huge man, so I doubt any of them were easy.

Shame on everyone for knocking on TS. He probably spent the whole weekend in his mom's basement thinking of an extensive gameplan Stipe should had used. We should hear him out

For goodness sakes. Try holding down a giant man for more than 3 minutes. Try lifting him and pressing him over and over. Every muscle in your body tensed for 2-4 minutes at a time. See if you make it past 1 minute, let alone 15 of 25 minutes.

its harder to take someone down then get taken down, repeatedly

Am I the only one who liked this fight ? I'm so bummed by everyone's commentary on the fight

Seeing how Overeem looked like he was wrestling a concrete pillar against Ngannou in the clinch, i was super impressed how Stipe held the 270lbs beast and did it for 25min while eating a couple of bombs.

^^ This... Overeem is a huge powerful guy with a solid takedown game and he literally couldn't budge NGannou. Stipe took him down what, 6 times?

My favorite was when Cruz was saying, "stipe needs to stick to the single leg takedowns as there is no way he can double leg a guy as powerful as Ngannou" 30 seconds later he double legs Ngannou easily.

Wrestling a guy that size and strength takes a ton of energy. Standing and banging seems to drain the big guys a lot less.

I thought it actually looked like Stipe got rocked badly in the first round and never really recovered. You could see it in his eyes on the stool in between rounds.

I think he may have fought that entire fight on pure instinct.

It's not just Stipe wrestling Francis that wore him out, taking bombs to the face also sap your cardio something fierce. Just look at McGregor when he caught that 1-2 from Nate in their first fight, it's like the last bit of energy just got sucked out of Conor.

It was a poor performance by both.

Fought a beast for 25 mins.....you mean lied on a beast and recovered for 25 mins while not attempting to finish him when he could easily have especially in the 4th or 5th round when Ngannou could barely stand up to walk to his corner.

Hell.....the ref had to continually tell him to be active otherwise he'd stand them up!

no sense in arguing with fools, it was a good enough performance by Stipe to win, period

I think the energy it takes to be 100% alert and aware that every split second you could get knocked out, makes it impossible to relax and thus costs a tremendous amout of energy.

I think the energy it takes to be 100% alert and aware that every split second you could get knocked out, makes it impossible to relax and thus costs a tremendous amout of energy.

Other champions have fought KO artist killers and gone 5 rounds and not gassed at HW.

The secret is out on Francis
Just clinch up and hold his head down

Stipe can get a pass for this fight anyways, guy is always in good fights

Been a fan since his first ufc fight. I thought he was fresh out of Croatia and then at the post fight I was like wtf when he was speaking English and found out he from Cleveland haha.

Fuck*ng MMA community is the most toxic sports community out there. If Stipe loses in his next fight, guaranteed that all the cunts in here do a 360 & bring him gassing & not finishing semi-dead Ngannou up as proof that he was never good in the first place anyway{<jimmies}

but since this hasn't happened as of yet everyone's playing a different tune right now about how inexperienced & totally gassed Ngannou was so heavy & strong blah blah..

i'd imagine holding down and controlling a bigger and stronger guy would be very tiring

I think it was the running double leg takedown that gassed him. He got it secured but he never quite recovered after it. They both seemed content with just breathing.

Back