Why did Silva's leg break the way it did??

s1fys

abc
@Brown
Reaction score
Upon close inspection, you can see that the break happened at least an inch below the actually impact point.

Could it be that Silva's shin was already shattered at a slightly lower part after the first check and it was actually the impulse from the second check, rather than the head-on collision, that caused the actually dislocation?

Or am I missing something?

8042156.jpg

Last edited:
Weidman checked the kick with his Knee. In the first round that technique cracked Silva's shin. The second Knee check snapped the shin in half.

I think the leg broke pretty much where the knee hit it and then the centrifugal force of the kick made the lower part of the broken leg start wrapping around Weidman's leg. I think it's basic physics.

Fucking graphic pic man

No kidding still makes me feel weird inside. Anderson silva is being made a mockery on sherdog because of his striking MMA is weird sport.

I think the leg broke pretty much where the knee hit it and then the centrifugal force of the kick made the lower part of the broken leg start wrapping around Weidman's leg. I think it's basic physics.

100% correct and the knee leg kick check was on purpose according to the press conference after the fight. You can even see it in that picture TS posted

the .gif makes it look like the force behind anderson's kick was what broke his leg, not the actual impact because the break appears to happen below where weidman's knee is.

Well the tibial fracture is the most common long bone fracture. Anderson had a tibial and fibula fracture. The average age of this type of fracture is about 37 years old. As stated before this really come down to basic physics, when the force of Anderson's kick, met the equal and opposite force of Weidman's knee, it was enough to break his tibia and fibula. Also if a previous checked kick would have "already shattered" Anderson's tibia, he would have been in excruciating pain, probably not able to continue fighting, and definitely not throwing low kicks.

Prime Silvas leg wouldn't have broke.

People get lost in details. This picture is not enough to give a judgment.

Fact is: Anderson

I was thinking of that too but a friend said that the soft tissues (muscles, ligaments and tendons) will will hold on to the dislocated portion very tightly because the calf and shin muscles were probably flexed. Maybe I should try to get a slow-motion replay and take another look.

Thanks a lot for actually answering my question.

Because he threw the kick really hard and weidman is made of steel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back