Why did Izzy turn down the 300 fight?

Izzy has no reason to fight Poatan anymore.

According to him, he "won" the rivalry because he won the last fight between them. Which apparently erases the previous 3 that he lost.

He's obviously coping hard but that's his story and he's sticking to it damnit!

Izzy is at a huge disadvantage at 205. Izzy didn't even weigh 205 when he fought Jan.....

Pereira weighs over 230 lbs.

Why would Izzy think he would have a chance against the lhw champ, when his last fight 0-5 against a journeyman mw?

Izzy has no reason to fight Poatan anymore.

According to him, he "won" the rivalry because he won the last fight between them. Which apparently erases the previous 3 that he lost.

He's obviously coping hard but that's his story and he's sticking to it damnit!
Even if Adesanya took the trilogy and won the narrative would continue to be "3-2". Also by the logic of his distractors if he won 2 consecutive bouts against Pereira people would still say "He beat you in kickboxing, you lose". Who are you fighting for at that point?

Even if Adesanya took the trilogy and won the narrative would continue to be "3-2". Also by the logic of his distractors if he won 2 consecutive bouts against Pereira people would still say "He beat you in kickboxing, you lose". Who are you fighting for at that point?

I'm sure the "narrative" is the real reason Izzy is refusing the fight. At 1 each.

israel-adesanya-izzy.gif

This is why.

I'm sure the "narrative" is the real reason Izzy is refusing the fight. At 1 each.
You can't refuse a fight that was never offered. I know Izzy was offered a fight against DDP at 300 and DDP turned it down.

"At 1 each" is not the narrative I see online. MMA fans only care about Glory records/history when it comes to Izzy and Pereira today in MMA. Which is why I ask: who are you fighting for?

He accepted a fight with Dricus. He don't want that smoke witth Alex at LHW
This and nothing more. He was never going to fight Alex again at MW, let along moving up to the weightclass where he couldn't get passed Jan.

You can't refuse a fight that was never offered. I know Izzy was offered a fight against DDP at 300 and DDP turned it down.

"At 1 each" is not the narrative I see online. MMA fans only care about Glory records/history when it comes to Izzy and Pereira today in MMA. Which is why I ask: who are you fighting for?

Izzy stated outright that he won't fight him again. What are you even arguing here?

Izzy stated outright that he won't fight him again. What are you even arguing here?
The reason why he's not entertaining the trilogy currently. You must not have watched the Helwani interview which is why the "who are you fighting for" point isn't being received. After you lose your belt and then avenge your loss with a brutal KO why would you chase the loser to the next higher weight class when there is so much business to attend to at 185? Too much steam and buildup with the DDP fight to throw away.

I bet Dana offered him a fat paycheck to headline against Pereira

I believe he wanted DDP. Strickland would not be main event
i think izzy is a beast and one of the best to ever do it.....but he could not mentally handle losing to alex again. his ego would not allow it he would become the next ryan garcia

Back