Why did Islam stop his brutal trash talk towards Volk?

Corrado Soprano

Double Yellow Card
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
After Islam beat Charles at UFC 280, he brutally insulted Volk and called him out for a fight. At the time, I was shocked and appalled by Islam’s trash talk and it bordered on abuse. When Islam said “where is this short guy, where?” I literally gasped. Calling someone out for being “short” is a form of discrimination no different than racism, sexism, or ageism. Heightism should not be allowed in the UFC and I felt an apology was in order. I’m usually cool with typical UFC trash talk but I feel Islam crossed the line there. However, I am curious to know what made Islam stop the psychological warfare.

After Islam beat Charles at UFC 280, he brutally insulted Volk and called him out for a fight. At the time, I was shocked and appalled by Islam’s trash talk and it bordered on abuse. When Islam said “where is this short guy, where?” I literally gasped. Calling someone out for being “short” is a form of discrimination no different than racism, sexism, or ageism. Heightism should not be allowed in the UFC and I felt an apology was in order. I’m usually cool with typical UFC trash talk but I feel Islam crossed the line there. However, I am curious to know why he stopped trash talking.

You thought you were being witty when writing and posting this. But this is, at best, and this is me being charitable, a 3/10 on the witticism scale.

After Islam beat Charles at UFC 280, he brutally insulted Volk and called him out for a fight. At the time, I was shocked and appalled by Islam’s trash talk and it bordered on abuse. When Islam said “where is this short guy, where?” I literally gasped. Calling someone out for being “short” is a form of discrimination no different than racism, sexism, or ageism. Heightism should not be allowed in the UFC and I felt an apology was in order. I’m usually cool with typical UFC trash talk but I feel Islam crossed the line there. However, I am curious to know what made Islam stop the psychological warfare.

After he fought him and they fought in such a close epic fight. He had no choice but give Volks mad respects. No one I believe has given him that hard of a fight in his career.

He is a devout muslim and it is against their religion to talk trash if they want to adhere to their religious beliefs. Some muslims are more flexible than others. Christians should be the same way but....

After he fought him and they fought in such a close epic fight. He had no choice but give Volks mad respects. No one I believe has given him that hard of a fight in his career.

asides from the fight he was koed in

islam-makhachev.gif

Because Volk punched him in the mouth and shut him up. Height is irrelevant once your back hits the floor

c71fcf04-e62f-4e4d-9f93-3d3412322ece_0d1a4f49.jpg

Volk lost the fight according to UFC judging but he won by Dagestani schoolyard rules. It is a shame that rematch will be a short notice fight. Volk will be the one of the GOATs if he can pull this off.

Probably because he beat the best version of Volk ever, on his worst night ever and beat him in the area everyone though he'd lose badly in.

Islam only stopped because he had to go herd the sheep.

I think Volk and Rogan can commiserate on life as a short man. The again, Volk might think Rogan is a douche like everyone else thinks, so scratch that one.

Because Volk punched him in the mouth and shut him up. Height is irrelevant once your back hits the floor

c71fcf04-e62f-4e4d-9f93-3d3412322ece_0d1a4f49.jpg

Yep, volkanovski put a beating on makhachev. Makhachev knows better than to disrespect a worthy opponent now.

ezgif-com-optimize-10.gif

Waa. How disrespectful to call a short guy, a short guy.
People offended by such things are better off keeping it to themselves.

Back