Why can't I lose weight

Jspahn

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So last year I was told by my family i needed to lose weight. I didn't think anything of it until i stepped on the scale and weighed in at around 220 lbs. After that i started to work out and change my diet. I dropped all processed sugars like cake and soda and started eating lots of lean meats and vegetables with water. Id go to the gym about 4 times a week. But after 6 months id lost maybe 20 or so pounds i was disappointed to say the least as i expected more. but i kept at it. After another 6 months i checked the scale and it said i gained 20 lbs again needless to say i was pissed. I didn't look any thinner when i looked in the mirror. all i feel that happened was i got stronger.

Well if you got stronger your muscles got bigger, and that would account for some weight gain. However great noob gainz are, you're not getting 20lbs worth of lean muscle out of it though.

You probably started some bad habits again after the initial 20lb drop, and gaining 20lbs back in six months is a daily 500 cal surplus. Not that hard to do really given your past eating habits.

Youre eating too much or not burning enough. Thats all there is to it. Read the Faqs.

at 6'2 220 isn't exactly a tragedy, you should only be about 20% body fat.
at 200 you should be like 17% or so which is perfectly healthy.

My tip would be eat only 7 teaspoons of food every meal.rest time when working out should only be 20-30 seconds.

Any advice on work out regimes
There isnt a magic one thats better than the other tbh. Pick something you like to do the most to burn the calories and get after it. I like to swim or hop on an Airdyne more than anything else for cardio.

Start counting everything you eat, and dont cheat your count or youre just wasting your time. There are a ton of simple apps and websites and calculators that can give you a starting point.

Eat less and learn to use a damn paragraph.

Also stop trolling.

Troll.

Using an app to record what I ate definitely helps me. Also, not sure what your workouts are but I used to pretty much just lift when I went to the gym, and committing to working in some cardio, just 12-15 minutes and I slimmed down quite a bit

You were disappointed to lose 20 lb in 6 months? That seems like solid progress. And if you gained it back its probably because you stopped being as strict after the initial success and let the weight slowly sneak back.

There isnt a magic one thats better than the other tbh. Pick something you like to do the most to burn the calories and get after it. I like to swim or hop on an Airdyne more than anything else for cardio.

Start counting everything you eat, and dont cheat your count or youre just wasting your time. There are a ton of simple apps and websites and calculators that can give you a starting point.

This fat bastard is a raiders fan. Ever see an in shape raiders fan? Me neither. Start off by walking a half hour or more a day. Move up to an hour and start mixing in some running.

Before you know it you'll be running half miles and move up to full miles. Eat right, get plenty of sleep, and drink a bunch of water.

Once you can run a mile, start lifting. 3x5 or 5x5 to start. Write down your progress and up the weight each week.

You got this.

You were disappointed to lose 20 lb in 6 months? That seems like solid progress. And if you gained it back its probably because you stopped being as strict after the initial success and let the weight slowly sneak back.
I was disappointed because i watched my brother do the exact same eating and workout plan i did and lose like 50 lbs

answer me this, then... Are you your brother?
Real answer: No I'm not but it was still discouraging because he did it to pass the time when i did it to actually try to lose weight

Smart ass answer: Yes actually, we are identical twins so are DNA is technically the same lol

Back