Why can't I lose weight | Page 2

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Jspahn, Apr 12, 2017.

1. NurseKnuckles My Mom's stronger than you belt

NurseKnuckles
    Listen, everyone will respond differently. I suggest using something like MyFitnessPal to get a basic idea of what need to do, track your stuff. Exercise is a bonus.

I have patients who are VP's of industry who can't use a can-opener for themselves and some have done this. You can do it to. Just put some effort into this. You'll see. Start a log in the training section or Diet/supplement section. Be accountable.

Cool Hand Luke likes this.
  2. nhbfan8080 Black Belt

nhbfan8080
    Track your bodyfat% instead of using the scales since any muscle you gain is going to increase your bodyweight. A pair of cheap calipers to calculate skinfold for bf% should be below $10.

3. Contempt black belt in couch-fu

Contempt
    The absolute first thing that people SHOULD have asked you is: How many calories do you eat per day, what is your approximate macro breakdown and calculated energy expenditure?

If you can't answer those questions accurately then no amount of exercise is going to do shit for your weight loss.

j123 likes this.
  4. Quinton Overeem Green Belt

Quinton Overeem
    Don't just focus on workout, try to stay active, go out, take long walks too, don't spend days or hours on the couch. Add green tea (matcha if available) to your diet if you can, and drink more water.

5. Shaungotti Black Belt

Shaungotti
    Sounds like you're doing fine to me.

You're losing almost a pound a week, which is ideal. I mean, if you put together another 6 months like this you'll probably be where you want to be.

You stuck to it for 6 months man. That's a victory in itself. Just try to remember that when you're done, you'll never have to do such a drastic cut again if you stick to some sort of routine.

6. The brawler Lionheart

The brawler
    I wouldnt worry to much about what the scale says. Like someone said earlier, a tape line and a pair of calipers is the way to go. Your body probably adapted to your diet and workout, maybe try to mix up your routine, to try and throw your body off.

7. ArmandoGarcia White Belt

ArmandoGarcia
    You're already there. You lose some weight in your first journey and its a good thing to know though. I guess, you did not maintain what you just did before that's why you did not realize you are gaining weight again. I think, you should know how to count your calories and keep a food journal in order for you to track the calories you actually took in a certain meal. There's so many free apps online which you would like to visit wherein you would know how much calories you need to eat based also in your height and weight.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. Phisher Red Belt

Phisher
    Eat less. Exercise more.

If you have serious hunger issues, try keto. When I cut on a ketogenic diet, I don't even notice that I'm in a deficit when I'm not lifting.