Why can’t UFC find any 205s anymore?

It's not Jones' fault that he was a prospect that panned out and then some; he destroyed the top guys without breaking a sweat more often than not.

Now, did he do it clean? Probably not.

I agree, I did not say otherwise.
But then, the top fighters were experienced fighters like Rampage, Shogun, Belfort, Machida, Rashad, Glover.

My comment was a response for the guy that said LHW is a mess NOW because Jones hunted them.

Except Tex and Shogun (Gus and OSP excluded because there werent any destructions from Jones in those fights) who are now ranked but old, the other opponents are either in Bellator, either at MW.

I don't know maybe because you can get a job say laying hardwood floors with no education for more than UFC pays?

Pretty much this. To risky fighting heavyweight and LHW for chump change. Can't even put your companies name on your damn shorts anymore. People are not stupid. Pay em good, lift the lame reebok sponsor scam and they will show up. There is tons of fighters around the world who would probably sign up and be contenders. Grapplers, Wrestlers, Boxers. thai fighters. Pro's from all other sports. but you can't expect em to do it for 10k and a free pair of ugly shoes. It is a slap in the face what they pay these poor new bastards to go on tv and bash their brains in to entertain us all. Would rather stick to carpentry or real estate. Safer and better money as well as better union perks and medical..

Back