Why are posters saying Dana or the UFC can stop Conor fighting Mayweather?

Because the ONLY way this fight can happen is IF Dana and the UFC say it's ok.

And the ONLY way they say it's OK is if they get a very large cut of the profit.

Same retard different day. You really don't understand how anything in the real world works do you little fella?

Sure they can. All they need to do is show the revenue they'd have made if he fought for them as per usual, and the expected losses to the brand after he diminishes the value by losing to Floyd, and at the end of the day even if they aren't asking for hundreds of millions, they don't need to. Legal expenses are fucking crazy, and all they'd need to do to eat his money up would be draw it out.
I don't believe it.

Even if what you say is true, Conor would be rich enough to go off and buy an island so they can't get to him.

Fill it with laser guided machine guns and a moat full of sharks

I don't believe it.

Even if what you say is true, Conor would be rich enough to go off and buy an island so they can't get to him.

Fill it with laser guided machine guns and a moat full of sharks

lol At putting a shark-moat on an island

Where the fuck did my avatar go

Did crybaby online 24/7 @LouisBolanos report me?

Good god, get a life and a job instead of being on sherdog all the time

OP why don't you look to all of the other fighters who tried to leave the UFC for fights in other organizations. And unless a company like Showtime or TMT along with baby mac want to be dragged into the courts with WMG for attempting to use one of their fighters for an event outside of the UFC you are dreaming.

This is why fighters need a union

They would wait until the fight is just about to happen & then flood the ring with police. And everyone would boo, and people would be sued, and that is how.
Nobody would watch ufc after a move like that

The OP has a valid point. He has a very legitimate question about the legalities involved. Many posters here think Conor is bound to the UFC contract everywhere in the world. That's not the way the law works.

Conor and Floyd can fight in any country where the presiding judge would not grant an injunction to stop the fight. China, Russia, Ireland, etc there are a lot of countries that have more pressing matters than stopping Conor McGregor from boxing. The UFC does have a case after the fight.

Since Floyd is not under contract with the UFC, they have no recourse against him.

Conor could be sued but it wouldn't be worth it. for the UFC . Going to court vs their most popular fighter is the last thing the UFC wants. Let Conor make his money and hope he comes back for fights against GSP, Nate, Nick, Aldo.

The new UFC management would be idiots to try to gain a few million dollars by suing Conor.

UFC could sue the shit out of him if he does it without their approval. That would break the contract.

UFC should get their piece of the pie for the fight and then after Conor loses they'll be in control for future negotiations. I'd just ice Conor and force him to retire or go to another promotion if i were them though until he starts acting like a proper employee.

Whole amount being nowhere near what he can make vs floyd
If lawyers are as resourceful as you, perhaps. A semi-clever lawyer would argue that Conor fighting outside of the UFC damages UFC's image as Conor 'prefers' to fight there. If he gets humiliated in the ring, the damage to UFC credibility would be huge! Also the precedent that you can do whatever the hell you want and it will cost you only what you would've earned at the UFC in that time won't work because it would basically make UFC contracts easy and cheap to pay off.... And I'm not even a semi-clever lawyer. Not too mention how weak the UFC would look if they would let Conor get away with it.

Now stop with the replies, I think you have had about 10 valid reasons about why this wasn't a very clever question and people took the time to seriously answer it.

UFC could sue the shit out of him if he does it without their approval. That would break the contract.

UFC should get their piece of the pie for the fight and then after Conor loses they'll be in control for future negotiations. I'd just ice Conor and force him to retire or go to another promotion if i were them though until he starts acting like a proper employee.
Breaking a contract will cost him more than 50 million dollars he'd earn in a Floyd fight?

I doubt it man.

You guys are naive.

The OP has a valid point. He has a very legitimate question about the legalities involved. Many posters here think Conor is bound to the UFC contract everywhere in the world. That's not the way the law works.

Conor and Floyd can fight in any country where the presiding judge would not grant an injunction to stop the fight. China, Russia, Ireland, etc there are a lot of countries that have more pressing matters than stopping Conor McGregor from boxing. The UFC does have a case after the fight.

Since Floyd is not under contract with the UFC, they have no recourse against him.

Conor could be sued but it wouldn't be worth it. for the UFC . Going to court vs their most popular fighter is the last thing the UFC wants. Let Conor make his money and hope he comes back for fights against GSP, Nate, Nick, Aldo.

The new UFC management would be idiots to try to gain a few million dollars by suing Conor.
The public outcry and respective losses the ufc would have in popularity should also be noted.

People would boycott them and media would portray them as the greedy cunts they are

Media perception has ruined companies before

He's not an employee.

You make the stupidest posts.

You have valid points, however not even Conor can get away with this because it would make Dana look like a huge tool. And after his first 100 mil USD fight, the chance of him returning to the UFC is pretty slim. Finally, he will be worth a lot less if he loses (and he will).

Back