Opinion Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

See this is an example of Palis making himself a victim.

When you try to explain the history of institutional racism and how it still has an effect on people today he gets upset because he thinks you're being envious of his abilities instead of pointing out that he may have gotten a head start in a sense.
Where am I upset?

Maybe you are projecting?

I am by no means an expert on race and culture in Mexico, however, in the United States save for a few enclaves of the deep south, a man would be hard pressed to find someone who hates or loathes him based on his skin pigment.

Its not about hate, but preference and soft discrimination.

People will create discriminating patterns that become some sort of self-fulfilling prophecies.

See this is an example of Palis making himself a victim.

When you try to explain the history of institutional racism and how it still has an effect on people today he gets upset because he thinks you're being envious of his abilities instead of pointing out that he may have gotten a head start in a sense.
He is pointing out another groups victim mentality. Whether he is right or wrong your comment doesn't really logically follow.

It's a charge of original sin without salvation.

Be free, live well, and treat all people with kindness, dignity, and equality, then there is less need for division, and better less need for the elite quarters of government to want to socially engineer favor and foreboding among cultures.

tumblr_inline_p4jd640Amy1vrr1gg_500.gif

In the end, the best way for people to get ahead is to accept the superiority of the dominant culture and try to blend into it.

Most people, even white supremacists respect MLK jr, because he was well spoken, wore a tailored suit and spoke about integration.

I'm white and had it tough growing up where the hell is my privilege? White privilege is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of in my life.

If an ugly chick and a pretty girl, both work equally hard in life i can assure you that the pretty girl will most likely get more opportunities just because she is pretty.

White privilege in the end is about aesthetics.

So?

Fair enough, seems like the issue is that its being framed as "its wrong to be white" as opposed to "Its ok to be brown".
That's the thing though. The term itself doesn't frame anything as anything. If the term was changed to "minoriety disadvantagement", it woud have the same effect(just look at BLM for example). Because people don't truly understand the meaning and can't comprehend it through their own life experiences, their interpretation of it will be solely based on their natural intinct to defend their own psyche(ie their own understanding of themselves and their situation).

The only reason I find it offensive is that it assumes I got to where I am or had it easier on the basis of my skintone as opposed to the time and effort I put in.
No it doesn't assume that, I look at it more like we are running a race and some people have more obstacles in their way than others

I'm white and had it tough growing up where the hell is my privilege? White privilege is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of in my life.

I think the previous explanations of what white privilege is just went went over your head.

If an ugly chick and a pretty girl, both work equally hard in life i can assure you that the pretty girl will most likely get more opportunities just because she is pretty.

White privilege in the end is about aesthetics.
Hell tall people apparently have an advantage

I don't think you understand the topic

I white is the beauty standard of a society, being white inherently will give you an advantage over others.

As easy as that is to pick apart, let's say it's true. It doesn't change anything with the answer I gave you.

Back