Why are Brazilians getting gimmie fights in the UFC 198 main card?

Im just trolling in this whole thread, bro... i just forgot to put in the OP that was a big sarcasm thread, lol. hopefully i wont receive yellow cards for this :p
hehehe No worries, I was "trolling the troll"
I saw the BR on your name, and figured you obviously knew Wandi ;)

Can we talk instead about how stacked this card is?

Seriously, take a look at all prelims up through the main card? I'm pretty happy with the bouts heading up the fs1 and fp prelims.

The only downside with this card is it probably has the oldest average age for all fighters for any event in my recent memory.

This card has nearly a dozen or so fighters who have been in main events. Anderson Silva isn't even the co-main in Brazil.

Ufc 200 is dumb. 198 is the card all the cool kids will remember from 2016.

That Silva comment was ridiculous. Sure he's 0-3-1, but those fights have been
*fluke KO vs Weidman (second best MW)
*freak injury vs Weidman
*Overturned win vs Diaz
*controversial decision vs Bisping (in which he KO'd Bisping)
if you think Hall is the favorite in this match up, you're a fool.

Well, then. I am a fool.
Make up the excuse you want, those are the last 4 fights, and none came with a W for Silva who is obviously past his prime.

Hall might be his worse enemy, but he has KO power and is as unpredictable as the spider.

DOn't get me wrong, I will be rooting for SIlva (whom I rooted for since before he joined the UFC).

I might be a fool, but for you to claim he will walk over Hall, you show you are just too ignorant to know better... ;)

Almost none of that card is gimme fights.

Cyborg is getting a pretty decent match-up all things considered.

Well it's not like they had alot of options. After all, they created the 135 division and no 145 division so that no one would have to fight her. Asking Cyborg to go down to 35 is like asking Conor/Jose to do the same, maybe even worse seeing as females lose weight harder.

Well, then. I am a fool.
Make up the excuse you want, those are the last 4 fights, and none came with a W for Silva who is obviously past his prime.

Hall might be his worse enemy, but he has KO power and is as unpredictable as the spider.

DOn't get me wrong, I will be rooting for SIlva (whom I rooted for since before he joined the UFC).

I might be a fool, but for you to claim he will walk over Hall, you show you are just too ignorant to know better... ;)
My heart is with Silva but my money is on Hall

Well, then. I am a fool.

Im not even sure I buy this 'past his prime stuff'. A fighter is in his prime exactly until he loses. It is a total slight to the ever evolving nature of MMA and the fact that match ups make fights. Silva got outstruck by Chael Sonnen for crying out loud. His best accomplishments were beating a bunch of WW's and this irked me to no avail during the time. I will never ever, ever get the whole notion of Silva as GOAT...it is UFC propaganda at it's best.

Most likely scenario is that both Shogun and Anderson lose. A slight chance of losing horribly too.
I say that as a nuthugger.
Cyborg is getting a pretty decent match-up all things considered.
Belfort is brazilian bro, just saying.
Werdum vs Miocic is really intriguing.
No idea what are you crying about.

Ummm....Shogun is fighting Anderson, how can both lose???

:D:D:D

The only gimme fight is Cyborg fighting a 125 pound journeyman. But that's the story of her career..

I don't know why people keep up with the "125lb Leslie Smith" Schtick. She only fought there twice, and practically had to amputate a leg to make it.

hahaha Werdum will sub Stipe with ease? haha you are dreaming. Stipe is gonna use Werdum as a punching bag, Werdum is gonna get beaten up badly. fight aint going to the ground at all.

Im not even sure I buy this 'past his prime stuff'. A fighter is in his prime exactly until he loses. It is a total slight to the ever evolving nature of MMA and the fact that match ups make fights. Silva got outstruck by Chael Sonnen for crying out loud. His best accomplishments were beating a bunch of WW's and this irked me to no avail during the time. I will never ever, ever get the whole notion of Silva as GOAT...it is UFC propaganda at it's best.
Well, haters gonna hate.
If you hate the guy, it is very hard to give him props for doing what he did for so long.

I don't know why people keep up with the "125lb Leslie Smith" Schtick. She only fought there twice, and practically had to amputate a leg to make it.

Because she looks like a small BW. Someone who knows how to cut weight properly, like Ronda, McMann, Zingano, Holly especially, even Tate who herself isn't big, would all dwarf Leslie. Not always by height but by sheer mass, in McMann's example.

Everyone wanted then to retire, now that they are still fighting for your entertainment you complain.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Corey Anderson end up as the betting favorite given Shogun's performances as of late. Finished in 3 of his last 5, and he looked pretty damn lack luster against Vera before that. The rogerio win is decent on paper, but he's clearly a shell of his former self as well. Anderson Silva isn't what he used to be, and the hall match is actually alright imo. Cyborg...Well, lets put it this way they had to book a catch weight fight for her that's how different from the rest of the women in the UFC she is. So yeah safe bet is she probably smashes. And Vitor vs Jacare a brazilian has to lose unless it ends up a draw. Stipe vs Werdum is very obviously a legit match too. Stipe is a beast.

I just hope Anderson isn't beaten by Hall in brutal fashion. I'm not sure I see it like that though. Anderson is going to be a man on a mission.

Mendes vs McKenzie and Ronda vs Bethe were gimmies, these are all evenly matched fights.

Shogun hasn't looked good in years
Hall could easily KO Anderson who got dropped twice by Bisping
Jacare should beat Vitor who is now past his prime but still very dangerous in the opening exchanges
ANYTHING can happen at HW

If anything Maia has the gimmie in Brown who has shown he is very susceptible to being taken down and held there, then again he did get KTFO by Marquadt in one punch and is now old as hell so who knows.

LMAO@gimme fights. Shogun is for sure losing if he gets taken down. At this point in Silva career he cannot take a shot against an accurate striker like Hall. Cummings will probably wrestlefuck lil nog too. Only true sure fire bet is Maia against Brown and of course Cyborg

I like the fact they matched two Brazilians against each other. UFC should do it more often.

Back