Who's the second greatest welterweight? Woodley or Hughes

Woodley beat a burnt out lawler, it was just a matter of time before Lawler would get knocked out from all the wear and tear.
Woodley is ducking fights and trying to pick opponents.

I don' think Hughes ever did that and also has more title defences so my pick is Hughes.

Woodley need to beat diaz, RDA and Darren till then he is nr 2, if he beats that hulk that marked Johnny Hendricks then he is number 1

Hughes on legacy. More defenses, more dominant as champ. Beat GSP and BJ. Woodley would starch him, but he has work to do to catch him.

Shame Serra got hurt, Hughes could have been a 3 time champ.

Agreed. It will not be a popular opinion but I still have Hughes as the GOAT at WW. He has 8 defenses over 2 reigns (if you count Riggs) plus a superfight win over Royce. That's 11 fights for or with the Strap. 10 of those being finishes.
<{gspressed}>

Woodley only has two successful title defenses btw lol not three

Hughes was a better champ, irregadless if woodley could best him or not. M

One thing about Hughes he never got his head bounced off the cage against marquart did in his prime like woodley did.
Woodley is only champ because WW is lacking right now.

Hughes,bj, GSP all destroy him by not getting matrixed by marquart

Are we talking legacy wise or who would win in a fight? Legacy wise it's Matt Hughes I really don't like the guy but he'll always be remembered as the 2nd greatest WW of all time behind GSP. In a fight with both I'm their primes Woodley takes it all day imo.

Ask yourself a very simple question.

Did Hughes pull ANY of the bullshit Woodley has ?

Did he sit out 18 months whining until he got a TS ?
Did Hughes immediately try to cherry pick fights ?
Did Hughes try to duck anybody ?

Come on, man. How is this even a question that needs to be asked ?

And, to those saying Woodley would kill Hughes. Hughes beat an undefeated young machine, known simply as GSP. So, don’t be too fuckin sure of yourselves, alright.

rckstr.gif

Woodley beat a burnt out lawler, it was just a matter of time before Lawler would get knocked out from all the wear and tear.
Woodley is ducking fights and trying to pick opponents.

I don' think Hughes ever did that and also has more title defences so my pick is Hughes.

Woodley need to beat diaz, RDA and Darren till then he is nr 2, if he beats that hulk that marked Johnny Hendricks then he is number 1

Why are people entertaining a Diaz fight,that makes no sense and adds nothing to his legacy.The guy you're talking about is Paulo Costa,a huge MW and I think you meant #2 behind GSP even though I wouldn't agree with that even after those wins.The Diaz fight (i'm assuming Nate Diaz but either makes no sense) is just silly.

Woodley is not a top 3 Welterweight of all time

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Shields

Shoot, I had forgotten about Shield's wins over:
Demian Maia
Tyron Woodley
Yoshihiro Akiyama
Martin Kampmann
Dan Henderson
Jason Miller
Robbie Lawler
Paul Daley
Carlos Condit
Yushin Okami
Dave Menne

Damn, what's a lot of champions and title contenders that he beat!

Well, on the strength of the resume, Hughes and Shields are before T Wood.

Who cares.. T Wood knows he’d beat the shit out of Hughes. That’s all that really matters. Let the peons revel in the past.

Woodley beats any version of Hughes all day long. The end... Koshcheck destroyed Hughes for fucks sake. Get real. Lol

Woodley only has two successful title defenses btw lol not three
Actually a draw still counts as a defense, thats where the saying comes from to win the title you have to take it, while the Champ can simply get a draw to retain his Belt. Also that draw was total bullshit, nothing happend except for Woodleys moments, people wanted to give Thompson the nod without ever doing something significant, and they fought standing 95 percent of the time and the decorated Striker couldnt do anything against a Wrestler with a Overhand.

Actually a draw still counts as a defense, thats where the saying comes from to win the title you have to take it, while the Champ can simply get a draw to retain his Belt. Also that draw was total bullshit, nothing happend except for Woodleys moments, people wanted to give Thompson the nod without ever doing something significant, and they fought standing 95 percent of the time and the decorated Striker couldnt do anything.
Ah ok, who else has had draws in their title reigns btw?

Frankie Edgar vs gray Maynard

Who cares.. T Wood knows he’d beat the shit out of Hughes. That’s all that really matters. Let the peons revel in the past.

Woodley beats any version of Hughes all day long. The end... Koshcheck destroyed Hughes for fucks sake. Get real. Lol
That was Hughes 54'th fight. Woodley is a strong wrestler. Prime Hughes was a retard strength wrestler with a good ground game.

Prime vs prime..... man, a lot of people are counting Hughes out on this one.

Dunno man, can make the argument Shields has a better resume than both. Also has a dub over Woodley.

That was Hughes 54'th fight. Woodley is a strong wrestler. Prime Hughes was a retard strength wrestler with a good ground game.

Prime vs prime..... man, a lot of people are counting Hughes out on this one.

I get that, but i truly don’t think you would put your money on Hughes if you had to pick one. Maybe your heart, but not your money.

I could be wrong, but that’s just my instinct.

Back