Who'll be in the Road FC 32-Man Lightweight Tournament?

So they added like 4 more people. Big deal

right. those fights that weren't/aren't part of this tourney and were in other events by other organizations were totally road fc's tournament.

totally.

nice spin, though. less is more, right? haha

right. those fights that weren't/aren't part of this tourney and were in other events by other organizations were totally road fc's tournament.

totally.

nice spin, though. less is more, right? haha
Alright, even if you only count the trials that actually took place in ROAD events you have 31 (Caporal got a 2nd chance in the trials which is why it's not 32 unique fighters) and several alternates. I can list them all out for you if you want. Either way I don't get why this is such a big deal.

Those fights that happened in other promotions were a part of ROAD's tourney just so you know, they were official qualifiers specific to the tournament.

Last edited:
What about it? I just see a lot of unrealistic expectations that were never going to happen

Last two tournament videos:

Be cool if some of the old K-1 max guys entered. What is Andy Sower doing these days? I know he did shootboxing.

In any case, Dennis Kang is going to eat all the supplements and win this thing!

What about it? I just see a lot of unrealistic expectations that were never going to happen

for what? day 1 could/should be 16 fights. or be like rizin and have 8 (or 9/10 with alternates) a day over 2 days. or even a week.

spreading it out like this and having the tourney fights be in other orgs seems a bit silly. and what happened to all the better fighters who volunteered for it but aren't in it?

maybe i'm splitting hairs but spades are spades.

sm%2BROAD%2B1%2BMIL%2BQF.jpg

for what? day 1 could/should be 16 fights. or be like rizin and have 8 (or 9/10 with alternates) a day over 2 days. or even a week.

spreading it out like this and having the tourney fights be in other orgs seems a bit silly. and what happened to all the better fighters who volunteered for it but aren't in it?

maybe i'm splitting hairs but spades are spades.
.....RIZIN's Grand Prix is spread out over half a year as well. When was the last time you seen a single day/week MMA tournament with more than 8 competitors that wasn't an amateur tournament?

Who are these better fighters that offered to enter that weren't locked up in contracts? Better than a Shooto Brasil champ, former M-1 and BAMMA champ, former Shooto Pacific Rim champ, and a guy that most people had beating the current Bellator champ?

Progression of brackets:

to

173930.jpg

to

sm%2BROAD%2B1%2BMIL%2BQF.jpg

.....RIZIN's Grand Prix is spread out over half a year as well. When was the last time you seen a single day/week MMA tournament with more than 8 competitors that wasn't an amateur tournament?

Who are these better fighters that offered to enter that weren't locked up in contracts? Better than a Shooto Brasil champ, former M-1 and BAMMA champ, former Shooto Pacific Rim champ, and a guy that most people had beating the current Bellator champ?

wow. i said DAY 1, clearly referring to ROUND ONE being in one day. and even gave leeway for the first round to be over a week.

logic much?

see, this CLEARLY indicates i was talking about the entire tournament, it's how 16 fights (32 fighters) in 1 day would be the entire tournament. /s

riiight? derp. definitely not "day 1." it's like i referred to the first round by number of fights or something. and even called it "day 1" "2 days" or something, implying the need for further days. nope, definitely talking about the entire tournament. /s

16 fights? could that be 32/2 or what you think the entire tournament is?

@Asurah @leto1776

see, this CLEARLY indicates i was talking about the entire tournament, it's how 16 fights (32 fighters) in 1 day would be the entire tournament. /s

riiight? derp. definitely not "day 1." it's like i referred to the first round by number of fights or something. and even called it "day 1" "2 days" or something, implying the need for further days. nope, definitely talking about the entire tournament. /s

16 fights? could that be 32/2 or what you think the entire tournament is?

@Asurah @leto1776
I have no idea what you're even rambling on about anymore. All you're doing is complaining over the initial press release to what we have now, which is a damn fine event, the biggest of it's kind since the Pride 2000 GP, that brought together over 30 fighters and worked across 4 promotions.

I have no idea what you're even rambling on about anymore.

it should be pretty obvious if you read the previous post of mine (can't edit, yellow cards) and the one it quoted.

All you're doing is complaining over the initial press release to what we have now,

it's a bit more than that. but for simplicity's sake, sure. if i promised you x and delivered half of x...

which is a damn fine event, the biggest of it's kind since the Pride 2000 GP, that brought together over 30 fighters and worked across 4 promotions.

strongly disagreed. this looks more like sengoku's retarded gomi tournament, but at least sengoku didn't claim 32 but really 16.

it should be pretty obvious if you read the previous post of mine (can't edit, yellow cards) and the one it quoted.

it's a bit more than that. but for simplicity's sake, sure. if i promised you x and delivered half of x...

strongly disagreed. this looks more like sengoku's retarded gomi tournament, but at least sengoku didn't claim 32 but really 16.

If you can't see the beauty of what this tournament has delivered so far, I feel sorry for you. 42 fighters have participated in this event overall. With one exception, everyone has had to win at least one fight to get in. Three or four of them had to win at least twice, some of them in one night.

They didn't just deliver a thirty-two man tournament. They delivered a global event. You wanna argue over semantics? GTFO.

If you can't see the beauty of what this tournament has delivered so far, I feel sorry for you. 42 fighters have participated in this event overall. With one exception, everyone has had to win at least one fight to get in. Three or four of them had to win at least twice, some of them in one night.

They didn't just deliver a thirty-two man tournament. They delivered a global event. You wanna argue over semantics? GTFO.

how do you not understand this? 16 =/= 32.

if someone lost "qualifiers," they're not in the tournament. derp. they failed to QUALIFY for the tournament. you can call it semantics, but if i'm promised 32 and given half, it's a disappointment. it's bait and switch. you've now inflated the 16 man tournament all thew way up to 42. hahaha. the fanboyism is insane.

and when better fighters expressed interest in it but aren't actually in it... it doesn't help.

some of us like actual tournaments. and not some farce "global event."

how do you not understand this? 16 =/= 32.

if someone lost "qualifiers," they're not in the tournament. derp. they failed to QUALIFY for the tournament. you can call it semantics, but if i'm promised 32 and given half, it's a disappointment. it's bait and switch. you've now inflated the 16 man tournament all thew way up to 42. hahaha. the fanboyism is insane.

and when better fighters expressed interest in it but aren't actually in it... it doesn't help.

some of us like actual tournaments. and not some farce "global event."

Were you this pissed when Rizin fucked up their GP badly last year?

By the way, name the fighters you mentioned who asked to be in it. You've been asked this before. Still waiting.

Here's a highlight video of the first round:

Were you this pissed when Rizin fucked up their GP badly last year?

By the way, name the fighters you mentioned who asked to be in it. You've been asked this before. Still waiting.

Here's a highlight video of the first round:

not pissed (same as i'm not pissed about this dumb tourney), but disappointed. yeah (and same with... you got it, this tourney).

i'll stick with my "read page 1" line and say des green. i know, i know. ufc. i'm not sure if most of the better names also willingly dropped out or if they're just not wanted, but in the end - it's the same result.

as for "still waiting" - lolwut? you think 16 is 32, 34, some other 30s number and now all the way up to 42. please. if you're waiting for that, i'm waiting for you to learn math.

Back