Who wasted money on the bellator entertainment fighting show?

thought it was fine, had fun. UFC is good as well, but I like freakshows and fun fights. Nothing wrong with fun. Elitism is boring

also...you sound poor.

I did.. and thought it was pretty good... sure, production was left wanting but it is hard to compare with the UFC, who have been doing this a while... Bellator will get better at producing the PPV events, their talent roster will also continue to improve if they keep up with the PPV...

I did. Sucks that fluke injury caused Chandler to lose the belt. Should have been NC since opponent didn't cause the injury.

Sucks that Fedor declined so much and Wanderlei was just collecting a paycheck.

I've never seen a fanbase for combat sports so hellbent on having "sides" the product is pretty much the same as the same damn fighters float between the two sanctioning bodies.

I would think the Bader/Davis I and II would have made this an obvious point. If I can be critical of anything it would be gifting fighters new to Bellator title shots automatically.

If bella wwe can get tards to pay 50 for this production then the ufc might as well start charging 75 . ufc is obviously a bargain at The same price as bellatard

I ordered it, the only real disappointment for me was how the Chandler fight played out as that was the fight I was most looking forward to. Everything else I didn't really have any expectations for going in. Thank god Davis vs Bader didn't make the PPV bill.

Preview to Mayweather-McGregor
Except that is going to be 3 times as much, and is obviously a glorified freak show being pawned off as a legit fight.

When floyd has to make hype videos about why conor is a threat you know you're being primed for a corn-holing.

If bella wwe can get tards to pay 50 for this production then the ufc might as well start charging 75 . ufc is obviously a bargain at The same price as bellatard

So you dont like that there was exciting fights and some fun fights and some competitive fights with a few duds, but you loved Bethe vs Holm because it was in the UFC? Is that what you are saying?

Trust me if the UFC could charge 75 a ppv they would it used to be cheaper then it is now just a few years ago. I like the UFC but Bellator is great, they are not the same audience and if you just want nu-metal and the same promos over and over about how so and so wants to crush his opponent then keep watching ONLY the UFC. Its not cool to be "That" guy who just shits on everything other people like because you dont like it, next thing you know your old and yelling at the kids to get off your lawn.

I streamed it to be honest. But that's only because I'm traveling internationally, and wouldn't be able to buy it as a PPV.

And also because I wouldn't pay $50 for a Bellator event to be honest.

I did.. and thought it was pretty good... sure, production was left wanting but it is hard to compare with the UFC, who have been doing this a while... Bellator will get better at producing the PPV events, their talent roster will also continue to improve if they keep up with the PPV...
The issue with Bellator isn't that their production is inferior to that of the UFC - the issue is that it's inferior to the WSoF(I've always found their cards to be SIGNIFICANTLY easier and more enjoyable to watch, purely from the production side, and they aren't far off the UFC in terms of polish even in spite of the massive budget difference). I personally prefer AXSTV fight production to Bellator even, they may have an obvious 'small[er] show' feel to them, but they're just easier to watch. Bellator has the budget and they have the resources(VIACOMMMMM...), but they are clearly trying to pack too much shit into their shows with too little knowledge/know how/skill/talent behind the scenes. I've been apart of a few productions(some WWE shows, concerts, so on so forth), and, frankly, it's just mind blowing that a *Viacom* production can be so garbage. Especially when it's supposed to be the 'crown jewel' of a network so to speak.

I've never seen a fanbase for combat sports so hellbent on having "sides" the product is pretty much the same as the same damn fighters float between the two sanctioning bodies.

I would think the Bader/Davis I and II would have made this an obvious point. If I can be critical of anything it would be gifting fighters new to Bellator title shots automatically.
That's the thing - the product ISN'T pretty much the same. Bellator cards regularly have HEAVY mismatches that are just insulting to watch as an *MMA fan*, they regularly have regional circuit guys making their pro debut on broadcast prelims/main card when they're trying to act like a legitimate UFC competitor(the top league should NOT be hosting regional/feeder level fights when there are NUMEROUS feeder level promotions around the world), and, it should go without saying that their biggest fights every year are freak show/circus acts/retirement home specials. I mean, Bader-Davis, Lima-Larkin, those fights are rare exceptions for Bellator, not a regular occurrence - Freeman-Pico, Sonnen-Silva, those are more representative of what Bellator builds a card with, burying their legitimate talent(Chandler, MVP, Lima, etc.) deep in the cards when THEY should be the fights getting promoted.
And, outside of the actual matchmaking and what not, see my above comments about production quality.

I'm not exactly a fanboy for any organization, but I can't say that I've encountered another example in an interest of mine that is generally so unenjoyable. I love motorsports as much as MMA and I can watch ANY brand/sanction/series of racing while Bellator is just hard to watch compared to any other example of MMA short of, say, King of the Cage(where their budget is probably a couple Sony Handycams).

I got my $19.74 worth watching it.

To TS: are you saying you streamed it or are you just giving a bold review on an event you didn't even watch?

I'm not exactly a fanboy for any organization, but I can't say that I've encountered another example in an interest of mine that is generally so unenjoyable. I love motorsports as much as MMA and I can watch ANY brand/sanction/series of racing while Bellator is just hard to watch compared to any other example of MMA short of, say, King of the Cage(where their budget is probably a couple Sony Handycams).

Fair play...I could never enjoy the IFL format when it was around. I think that there is a population of MMA fans like myself who were introduced to the sport with guys like Gan McGee and watching Fedor tap giants like Choi and Zulu II...there is nostalgia from youth seeing those fighters and the type of mismatches that took place back then on a more frequent basis.

Nostalgia sells, mismatches sell too if its an exciting finish. To me and some others they have a place right along with solid matchmaking between equally skilled fighters with high stakes (that sometimes turn out to be awful like Woodley/Thompson 2 or great like Jones/DC)

When I'm at a hotel with AXS on a Friday night I stay in and watch the fights, I'll stay up late to watch Rizin. My expectations of MMA are to see two guys fight (or chicks) and hope its competitive or has a definitive finish or let me see guys scrap that I remember from my past. I like seeing a giant sumo like Baruto get in there bring a peculiar skill set and size to the game as much as seeing Heather Hardy's bloody debut.

I will say in closing that Bellator has better title belts...I hate the look of the UFC titles.

It was funny and it brought the lulz...i was tempted to go bc i was a few blocks from MSG....Thanks gawd that i changed my mind.

I paid for it and don't regret it. Card had me on the edge of my seat all night

It had its moments (the stool troll, the double knockdown) but I regret ordering tbh. Should've just played more Far Cry.

I purchased the event and thought it was okay.

Having purchased UFC 97 and 112 in the past..it makes even average shows like this Bellator PPV ultimately was seem to go without regrets. Plus, you help the org and I'd be lying if I said that didn't figure into it. I'd never buy a UFC PPV on those grounds though I would order a UFC PPV if it had Fedor, like this one did.

I'm still waiting for you to make up 112 to me like you promised, Dana. It seems douchey that you just assume you guys have been so great that it's a wash.

Back