Who Thinks Holloway Beats Aldo?

Said it all along while the Holloway bandwagon was building. He's not beating Aldo or Conor.

I give him a shot, but I would probably have it 65%-35% in favor of Aldo.

Me. I think it will be close with Max winning a UD or SD. Can't wait for this one.

I don't think so, I mean, who has Max actually beat that could have beaten Aldo? A washed up C grade Anthony Pettis? An older Cub Swanson? His beating of the Latino guy was impressive but I don't think he beats Aldo. Really he has a 9 fight win streak against sub Aldo opponents. Aldo wins this.

I have Max willing this. Not because Aldo is slowing down or anything, but because Max Holloway is just that good. I even imagine him giving Conor problems to put things into perspective.

I think Aldo beats Holloway in a boring ud. Easy is not the word I'm looking for but I don't see Max posing many problems. Aldo will stay outside and pick shots. He's not going bite on Holloway's "let's just punch each other in the face" nonsense. This fight will showcase the difference between elite and really good fighters.

CJohnny, I once thought you were okay, a poster who gave thought to what they posted. That was until I have seen the last few comments of yours... in what way is Aldo washed up? Being knocked out by McGregor, and having a near flawless performance vs Frankie Edgar again? Who seemingly got better and had a great chance of finishing Aldo?

Please use your brain again
SAVAGE AS F

Perhaps people should learn a little something about Max before you act like he has no chance.

How exactly is Aldo going to take the fight to where he wants? Is he some awesome wrestler now. Max stuffed 6 of Ricardo Lamas' takedowns. Max hasn't even been take down once since 2014.

People forget Max started out as a kickboxer before transitioning into MMA. So the leg kick idea won't carry much weight as Max is familiar with them and knows how to check them.

LOL uh.. yeah Aldo is a great wrestler. He is known more for his striking, but he has great TDs when he wants to use them. He has MUCH better TDs then Lamas. Have you only seen Aldo highlights or something?

Holloway is a better striker than anybody Aldo has fought other than Mcgregor. He can also keep up a very high pace. With that said I think it will be a very competitive fight, I still think holloway will win though.

Fan of Holloway

BUT

Nobody beats Aldo to be honest
I thought Conor's nick name was notorious not nobody .

also on topic Im a big fan of Max and also a fan of Aldo's but I see Aldo winning this fight .
Aldo looked sharp in his last fight against a top contender in Frankie who has only gotten better since their first fight .
Im not saying Max can't win but i think the loss to Conor lit a fire under Aldo's arse and He will do anything to try and get a rematch with Conor .

I think he will.

I think Max will pressure him and his boxing is better. Aldo's leg kicks will be a factor but I think Max will pepper him and the height will cause aldo trouble.

Nah. Max's boxing is Diaz' brothers in fast motion.

Aldo has the ability to pick his shots better and his defense is much better than Max's. I don't believe the height will cause Aldo trouble. He thrashed Florian and plus remember Holloway's reach is shorter.

I believe the only featherweight that can defeat Aldo is McGregor, and the only current featherweight who can defeat McGregor is Aldo.

Holloway is a great fighter and could beat Aldo but I would favour Aldo at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Holloway beat Aldo because he is so good but I wouldn't expect it, fight is a good one.

I don't see Max winning. He's good, but Aldo is better.

And at this point in his long career, time off favors Aldo. He'll be fresh and ready for whenever Max gets back from Disneyland.

Aldo is very difficult to beat because he fights so cautiously and conservatively. If he's going to back up all night and point-fight then no, Holloway's very unlikely to beat him.

You're just pissed because I have telling people about how Khabib is getting exposed by Ferguson.

Edgar is another old fighter, who is not at even close to his best at this point. Just look at his last fight. I was not impressed.
I am not pissed, we have no choice but to see what will happen with Khabib vs Tony. However, you also said that Edgar was a has been, or a never was.... so what fights were you impressed by?

At this point...I think Max beats Edgar so im expecting a very competitive fight...In fact, wouldn't be shocked at all if he beat Aldo.

Back