Who should Volkan Oezdemir fight next?

Who's next for Volkan?

• Total voters
I actually think Shogun is a good match, with the full expectation that he will crush Shogun.

I look at it like this. Shogun is going to lose his next fight, probably by KO. He is ranked too highly to face someone he will dispatch, like someone outside the top 15. He won his last 3, so he will get a top 10 opponent, and will probably lose.

Oezdemir, on the other hand, has proven to be a good fighter, but I feel that he kind of "got away" with two impressive wins - one over a gassed OSP with poor strategy, and another with an oddly-landing punch early in a fight. I think he needs more seasoning before tangling with the elite. It wasn't long ago that Kelly Anundson tapped him with a RNC/neck crank in a fight where Oezdemir was being soundly outwrestled and nearly tapped with a kimura (although he did a good job getting up).

Let him beat Shogun, or let Shogun expose something about him and maybe earn himself a last big fight. I think Manuwa takes him out and ruins his rise.

I like that you brought up the Andunson fight. Andunson was a good fighter in his own right. Seems like Mcgeary retired him via submission. I want to look up that fight!

He should fight Manuwa, and then, if he wins take on the DC/Jones loser.

And Shogun should fight Elvis Sinosic, and then, if he wins, he should take on Keith Jardine for the title shot.

Well they are aiming to have BabaJimi on the 214 card as a standby in case one of Cormier or Jones pulls out for whatever reason.

Having him scheduled to fight Manuwa on 214 would work, but, would be tough on him if the fight ends up off because of DC/JJ fucking up

So much is up in the air though, if DC beats Jones do we get a rubber match, etc etc

Manuwa if he doesn't step in for a title shot. Just Bang Bro!!!

Gus. Winner gets a chance to lose to jones.

Gus. See if he sinks or swims.

Wtf man , shogun will light his ass. Make it happen another so called prospect gets his ass kicked by rua

Dude the guy beat OSP who was #6 and coming off an interim title loss. Volkan was a late notice replacement.

Then yesterday he one shot kills the #5 guy.

Shogun is number 4 but he most likely has a date with Jimi. DC/Jones are fighting for a title. Glover is getting dropped out the top 5. The only fight that makes sense is Gus.

Why would you give him anyone not ranked in the top 3 at this point? Or do rankings not mean shit?
I'm only suggesting as TS asked, calm your tits.

Jared Cannonier...because I maintain that Volkan Oezdemir is the luckiest fighter in the history of the UFC. If they ran this back, Misha beats him 9/10 times...this happened to be that 1/10.

Unbelievable...
Must be a Miesha fan. ;)

feed him to Jimi

I say fight Jimi let me see what you got, and work on a image you kind of looking like a blank page to me. Play with name Volkan I always wanna call you Voltron from that animated cartoon robot maybe go with a fighting Volkan thang?

According to Helwani they are trying to book him against Manuwa. One has to admire how quickly Volkon has worked his way up even if LHW is pretty shallow right now.

Back