Who should Volkan Oezdemir fight next?

Who's next for Volkan?

• Total voters
Gus is 3-3 in his last 6 and is trying to rematch 2 guys that already beat him.

How is Gus vs Volkan not being pushed?

Lets make that legend prospect fight... Let Mauricio fight him and give Manuwa the TS.

I actually think Shogun is a good match, with the full expectation that he will crush Shogun.

I look at it like this. Shogun is going to lose his next fight, probably by KO. He is ranked too highly to face someone he will dispatch, like someone outside the top 15. He won his last 3, so he will get a top 10 opponent, and will probably lose.

Oezdemir, on the other hand, has proven to be a good fighter, but I feel that he kind of "got away" with two impressive wins - one over a gassed OSP with poor strategy, and another with an oddly-landing punch early in a fight. I think he needs more seasoning before tangling with the elite. It wasn't long ago that Kelly Anundson tapped him with a RNC/neck crank in a fight where Oezdemir was being soundly outwrestled and nearly tapped with a kimura (although he did a good job getting up).

Let him beat Shogun, or let Shogun expose something about him and maybe earn himself a last big fight. I think Manuwa takes him out and ruins his rise.

Dude the guy beat OSP who was #6 and coming off an interim title loss. Volkan was a late notice replacement.

Then yesterday he one shot kills the #5 guy.

Shogun is number 4 but he most likely has a date with Jimi. DC/Jones are fighting for a title. Glover is getting dropped out the top 5. The only fight that makes sense is Gus.

Why would you give him anyone not ranked in the top 3 at this point? Or do rankings not mean shit?
Rankings haven't meant shit in a very loooong time

I actually think Shogun is a good match, with the full expectation that he will crush Shogun.

I look at it like this. Shogun is going to lose his next fight, probably by KO. He is ranked too highly to face someone he will dispatch, like someone outside the top 15. He won his last 3, so he will get a top 10 opponent, and will probably lose.

Oezdemir, on the other hand, has proven to be a good fighter, but I feel that he kind of "got away" with two impressive wins - one over a gassed OSP with poor strategy, and another with an oddly-landing punch early in a fight. I think he needs more seasoning before tangling with the elite. It wasn't long ago that Kelly Anundson tapped him with a RNC/neck crank in a fight where Oezdemir was being soundly outwrestled and nearly tapped with a kimura (although he did a good job getting up).

Let him beat Shogun, or let Shogun expose something about him and maybe earn himself a last big fight. I think Manuwa takes him out and ruins his rise.
I hear you completely, although I think this Vulkan Oezdemir training under Hooft has looked pretty good in the UFC and has only fought top 10 guys and come out with wins. This Vulkan beats Kelly Anundson soundly imo.

He's a late-blooming prosect who has come into his own with his counter striking. Can he become champion? I don't think so but he has shown power and a pretty solid striking acumen to put LHW on notice.

Damn man, not trusting very much on Shogun, do you? :) Looks like hes finished in your eyes... I think he could try a drop to 185 and try to be champ there... Against the big boys at 205 i think Rua gets hurt unfortunately.

Gus is 3-3 in his last 6 and is trying to rematch 2 guys that already beat him.

How is Gus vs Volkan not being pushed?
His is 2-2 against the top 4 and is the money fight for the next TS. Better to save him regardless of rankings or sense.

Set Jimi up against Shogun (UFC wants Jimi, I think they'll be surprised).

Give this guy a high profile fight va Nog, Gus, or Corey Anderson.

Damn man, not trusting very much on Shogun, do you? :) Looks like hes finished in your eyes... I think he could try a drop to 185 and try to be champ there... Against the big boys at 205 i think Rua gets hurt unfortunately.

I would love to be wrong.

Might as well give Volkan the belt...

The crazy thing is Volkan's, at most, two wins away from a title shot now. A solid win over Manuwa or Shogun and it'd be hard to deny him a shot at the title. I could see him passing over Gus for the shot because Gus has already had his shot at both Jones and Cormier. Volkan is at least new blood.

There is 0 shot that the UFC will make Volkan vs DC or Jones before they match either of them up with Gus. Anyone suggesting that is braindead.

Manuwa vs him will be scheduled soon, if not, vs Shogun.

Volkan vs Gustaffsson
Manuwa vs Gokhan Saki

Who ever voted Shogun hates him and they have no idea what condition Shogun is really in this days.

Just came off of a devastating KO over a top prospect in Cirkunov, and won his debut fight against OSP on short notice. Who's next for Oezdemir?

Jared Cannonier...because I maintain that Volkan Oezdemir is the luckiest fighter in the history of the UFC. If they ran this back, Misha beats him 9/10 times...this happened to be that 1/10.

Unbelievable...

wait, shoguns ranked #4, what year is it?

Voted Manuwa at first, but I changed my mind to Shogun. There is no sense in having the few relevant contenders pick each other off just yet.

He should fight Manuwa, but good luck getting Manuwa to sign that contract. From his point of view he thought he would be fighting Cormier for the title, but instead he gets offered an all risk no reward fight against oezdemir? If i'm Manuwa, there is no way i'm accepting that fight. Rematch with Gustafsson maybe or wait it out to fight the Cormier/Jones winner.

Manuwa or Saki

He wants to test his striking :D

If Jimi is next for the champ (whoever that will be) then he should fight Gus.
If Gus is next for the champ he should fight Jimi.

Or if he wants an easier fight he should fight Shogun

Manuwa is on a two fight win streak, he doesn't really deserve anything. Volcan v. Manuwa is a fun fight.

Back