Who should Machida fight in his comeback fight?

Machida is the greatest pure martial artist to have ever stepped foot in the octagon. I think Uriah Hall would be a fun fight.

Nate The Great or Thales Leites. Looking forward to The Dragon's return.

Marquardt, Hendricks, Boetsch I'd be happy to see him face any of those guys, maybe the winner of Lombard vs Anthony Smith even.
These are all good options. He's going to be fighting guys north of 33-35 his first few fights back.

Does anyone know when his contract expires? I can see him going to Bellator to get paid and a shot at both the MW/LHW belts if the UFC doesn't want to keep him.

Machida is in a peculiar spot. He's coming off a two year layoff, but he's also in his late 30's. He needs a warm up fight, but doesn't have a lot of time to spare if he wants to try for another run up the mountian. He needs something in between.

I think Brunson fits that mold. If Machida beats him impressively, then he immediately finds himself back in the upper echelon of the middleweight division. He would find himself poised for a Weidman rematch or a Jacare fight.

However, if Brunson were to beat him, then it's over.

Are you sure you wanna do that. With my DHEA strength I can punch through my monitor and into your face, but I'll let you throw the first strike. My face is against the screen. Go for it.
I've watched Machida fights as instructional videos. My elusiveness is elusive.

So he wasn't banned for 18 months then? You can pretend whatever you like it doesn't change things.

Since the 'Machida Era' ended when Shogun beat him he's not even got a 50% record so 39 returning from a drugs ban and 6-7 in his last 13 fights, who cares who he fights.
He got the 18 month ban because he was naive enough to think he could come clean on a mistake he made.
He didn't hired a expensive lawyer,he didn't used a team to search for that perfect component in another mixture.
He didn't tried to gain time by trying to go to the "bottom".
let go of your hate chump.

Does anyone know when his contract expires? I can see him going to Bellator to get paid and a shot at both the MW/LHW belts if the UFC doesn't want to keep him.
Hum i like this too.

Back