Who is the most intelligent MMA fighter of all time?

How is this relevant?
Im interested to know how long uve been alive so i can evaluate your opinion. If u are still young then its ok to have these strong opinions on the matter, if u are older then u should just be treating these things simply as indicators that increase chance of something being one way or another. U can only judge with the information u have and someone having a phd in computer science doesnt mean they are smart or not smart, but its a considerable achievement and it does mean they are more likely to be a capable person, as there is a bare minumum of intelligence and effort requied. Respect where respect due eh

Im interested to know how long uve been alive so i can evaluate your opinion. If u are still young then its ok to have these strong opinions on the matter, if u are older then u should just be treating these things simply as indicators that increase chance of something being one way or another. U can only judge with the information u have and someone having a phd in computer science doesnt mean they are smart or not smart, but its a considerable achievement and it does mean they are more likely to be a capable person, as there is a bare minumum of intelligence and effort requied. Respect where respect due eh

Age is no automatic indicator of an ability to understand and comprehend things, people do so at different rates. And I never said a PHD in computer science wasn't a considerable achievement, just that it was a definitive source of one's overall intelligence one way or the other.

Regular IQ or Fight IQ?

Fight IQ, it's GSP easily.

No GSP is the most coachable fighter.

He implements game plans and listens to instructions from his corner like a robot.

Yes he is smart but he has figured his opponent out before the fight not during.

Rosi Sexton for women
Carwin for men

I always thought Silva and Jones had the smartest fight IQ's. Unfortunately neither of them calculated their PED dosages right and are now on extended vacations.

Josh Barnett has amazing ring iq as long as it isn't crocop or rothwell.
Who the hell said Liddell that is just dumb to put out there.
Prime Anderson was probably the smartest fighter ever. He studied for a round and then implemented his strategy on the fly. That's brilliant and absolutely insane on so many levels.

If Jones was smart he'd still have a job right now and not be a chronic fuckup.

Fight IQ:
Jones
GSP
Cruz

Regular IQ:
Cruz
Barnett
Dan Hardy

Has to be Sonnen, otherwise I dont understand how he got everything he got with so little ..

Fight IQ: Jones, GSP, Cruz, DJ

Real Life IQ: Matt Horwich, Markwayne Mullin

Who has the highest actual IQ of all time?

Rich Franklin used to teach math.

Chuck Liddell was an accountant.

Both of those take pretty good IQs.

You're gonna hate me but I honestly think it's Jon Jones. He's one of those guys that everyone thinks is dumb because they don't understand his unvoncenventional thinking. Yet, he's Bones and your some guy.

Fight IQ? Jones, Fedor, GSP, Anderson Silva (before that clowning).

MMA IQ? Conor. He talked his way to a fight against Mayweather and ducked all of his title defenses.

Why in the hell are people saying Jones has a high fight IQ? Did you guys see something I didn't? He gets by on raw talent and skill.
Gsp has the best fight IQ.

Overall IQ? I can throw a random name out too. I say Big Country!

I think Fedor and Werdum are up there when it comes to Fight IQ. The reason people would disagree with this is because both of them have made a huge mistake in the past but what people fail to realize is that nobody is perfect. Clearly Fedor got outsmarted by Werdum but it can happen to anyone when fighting someone as smart as Werdum. Werdum fought like an idiot against Stipe but again, everyone makes mistakes. Other than that, both of these guys have an extremely high fight IQ had proved it over and over during their careers. Having a high fight IQ is part of the reason they are the 2 best heavyweights of all time. Sakuraba is up there as well and he's made mistakes as well. GSP may be #1 though.

As far as fight IQ goes, I would say its in between Jon Jones, DJ, GSP and TJ.

Back