Who is the most intelligent MMA fighter of all time?

Chael Sonnen, McGregor, Jon Jones, Joe Rogan

Thats it.

Mir, Cruz, Chael are all well-spoken and intelligent. If I recall correctly Shane Carwin is quite well educated. Nick and Nate Diaz are deceptively brilliant either because of or in spite of what I suspect to be a mild cause of autism/social anxiety in both. McGregor's fight IQ is off the charts and his business sense, etc. I mean, a lot of these guys are pretty decent businessmen and might have something left after fighting. Mousasi said he invests pretty much every penny he makes from fighting and he's got a lot of real estate, et cetera because of that. Dude's fuckin' wicked smaht. Joe Lauzon's very intelligent. Josh Samman seemed quite intelligent. Evan Tanner seemed like he was no dummy as well. Cormier's quite intelligent as well. Bisping is another.

I mean the TS asked about IQ, and problem solving is a large component of measuring what humans consider IQ, and theoretical computer science is basically THE problem solving discipline.... so not sure why this comment. Looks like u are just butthurt about not having a proper education yet still thinking u are above average in intelligence.... now dont get me wrong, u can have smart people who lack a formal education, but we can only consider the information we have right?

Ya see? It's exactly that level of short-sightedness that gets you called dumb. A degree in any one thing (no matter what) should never be taken as anything definitive, as it says nothing about how high your intellect in general. There's a bunch of people with degrees that come off remarkably average in spite of it.

Conor....
Maybe not a mensa measured iq. But intelligence..
He's worked his way into getting paid in full.
More than anyone.
He's put himself in the general public domain and if you mentioned MMA or UFC to some random. They will mostly say oh yeah that Conor guy does that..

method=get&s=tito-ortiz-11-05-12-10-30-18-889.jpg

Thats all you gathered from the gifs? lol spinning shit. In one gif he slips a lazy jab and sets up the spinning elbow and on the other fakes a take down and throws the spinning elbow(this was when he was green).

So? Still not impressed. Its not like there are not plenty of fighters who can do the same.

I get the impression that Joe Lauzon is a smart guy, but I haven't heard him talk enough to really know. He's also been in a bunch of wars.

If you are really smart I think the idea of protecting your wonderful brain from damage would be top priority. But I also get that people find their passion and follow it, no matter what, and that's a good thing.

Ya see? It's exactly that level of short-sightedness that gets you called dumb. A degree in any one thing (no matter what) should never be taken as anything definitive, as it says nothing about how high your intellect in general. There's a bunch of people with degrees that come off remarkably average in spite of it.
How old are you?

Chuck Lidell ???
I love me some Chuck but come on.. he might be street wise whstsoever, but hes as bright as a box of rocks.

Back