**Who is the G.O.A.T.** w/poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson is the GOAT. Fedor is currently the middleweight GOAT but even in his prime he would have been beaten by Cain, Brock, Overeem, junior and maybe, maybe Carwin.

I agree. Anderson absorbed Pride's MW division when he beat Chael and Hendo. Fedor never absorbed the UFC's HW division. He never beat Mir or Couture.

Pride's MW division was 205. Anderson beat Hendo at 185.

Hendo always sucked at 185. He couldn't even beat Shields at 185.

Pride's MW division was 205. Anderson beat Hendo at 185.

Hendo always sucked at 185. He couldn't even beat Shields at 185.

My mistake that I called Pride's 183 division MW. But this is how I know you're a noob. You don't even know Pride had a 183 division and that Dan fought in it and was the 183 champion.

I refuse to ignroe Fedor lose to Arona and his 3 loses in a row

Loses:
Werdum>Takase
Bigfoot>Chonan
Hendo>Azeredo
>Weidman?

Top 5 wins:
Nogueira=Hendo
Cro Cop>Franklin
Arlovski<Vitor
Timmy>Maia
Coleman or Herring=Sonnen

It's close and I can admit that but I'm taking Fedor

Last edited:
My mistake that I called Pride's 183 division MW. But this is how I know you're a noob. You don't even know Pride had a 183 division and that Dan fought in it and was the 183 champion.

LHK....and cemetery.....

Isn't it funny how we have everyone in here bashing Anderson and discrediting him, and bashing Fedor and discrediting him, but no one can give a true reason why the man with the best record, faced the toughest schedule, and avenged every loss he has had in dominant fashion is in a distant third place? Since when did "not finishing" become worse than losing? SMDH Sherdog......

Could anyone imagine Fedor pulling the shit Silva has in his career?

Fedor didn't need to act like a moron round after round to try and get his opponent to fall into his gameplan because he has no means of taking the fight to his opponent. Fedor wasn't limited like Silva.

Fedor would come forward and kill your ass no matter what area of MMA you wanted to engage him in because he was incredibly well rounded. He would engage you no matter if you liked it or not.

Im gonna say it.

There is literally no comparison. Anderson even being discussed in the same breath as Fedor is an insult to the sport.

You're too invested or biased in this topic to think clearly. Anyone who says the discussion of Anderson being the P4P king is insulting to the sport is not all there or driven by the agenda to support another candidate. No question about it.

Fedor is my all time favorite fighter and watching him lose was probably the worst moment in sports to me, but I knew that Anderson and GSP were encroaching on his status as P4P king years ago, just as I know Jones is likely going to separate himself from all of them in a few years.

Fedor, Andeson and GSP all have claims and weaknesses to this title, and it's subjective to begin with, so if you want be taken seriously you have to agree to disagree to a point with this or continually be ignored as an Anderson hater.

Anderson until Jones or GSP move up in weight. Aldo might be in 5 years if he doesnt lose the belt or if he wins it at 155

I'm somewhat surprised no mention of Dan Henderson on the list. His resume of wins and titles is pretty great.

good point, in terms of accomplishment, he just has to be considered. what a legend

In regards to Silva's unavenged losses...are those of you bringing this up really so delusional to think that Silva wouldn't completely mop the floor with those guys at any point during the last seven years? Really?

Isn't it funny how we have everyone in here bashing Anderson and discrediting him, and bashing Fedor and discrediting him, but no one can give a true reason why the man with the best record, faced the toughest schedule, and avenged every loss he has had in dominant fashion is in a distant third place? Since when did "not finishing" become worse than losing? SMDH Sherdog......

GSP is the best WW of all time, but he lost a lot of people when he wanted the Diaz fight. Everyone knew it was going to be a 5 round washout and Hendricks was screwed over. GSP came close to losing to condit and it seems pretty likely that he will lose before 2014 with the new contenders lining up. He also hasn't really pushed himself and tested 185 while guys like Anderson and Fedor have fought people much larger than them in mass.

good point, in terms of accomplishment, he just has to be considered. what a legend

He should get the courtesy nod, but his lack of a title run will always exclude him. Still a crazy resume stacked with tough fights for years.

From those 5 fighters
One man on that list would beat every other listed.
One would lose every fight.
One would lose against every other fighter except for one.
One would beat everyone else except for one.
The other would win 2 lose 2.

Yes. I know that. You're the one who apparently didn't know that PRIDE's MW division was 205.

Henderson was always best at 205 and 205+. That's where he beat the then-amazing Wanderlei. That's where he beat Big Nog. That's where he beat Belfort. That's where he beat Franklin. That's where he beat Shogun. etc.

He got dominated by Shields at 185 and beat by Misaki at 183. What's his best win there? Bisping? lol...

Last edited:
Yes. I know that. You're the one who apparently didn't know that PRIDE's MW division was 205.

Henderson was always best at 205 and 205+. That's where he beat the then-amazing Wanderlei. That's where he beat Big Nog. That's where he beat Belfort. That's where he beat Franklin. That's where he beat Shogun. etc.

He got dominated by Shields at 185 and beat by Misaki at 183. What's his best win there? Bisping? lol...

You know that now because I told you. You're welcome new guy. I love how you're in this thread trumping up Fedor when you probably haven't even watched a Pride show and obviously know nothing about MMA history. Fight Finder for the save! Hendo absorbed the UFC MW division when he beat Busta the 2nd time.

You know that now because I told you. You're welcome new guy. I love how you're in this thread trumping up Fedor when you probably haven't even watched a Pride show and obviously know nothing about MMA history. Fight Finder for the save! Hendo absorbed the UFC MW division when he beat Busta the 2nd time.

Dafuq are you talking about?

You got exposed for your noobness, not knowing that PRIDE MW = UFC LHW weight class. Then you try to spin it as if I'm the noob. Hilarious.

You got exposed for your noobness, not knowing that PRIDE MW = UFC LHW. Then you try to spin it as if I'm the noob. Hilarious.

Hes a worthless poster. Dont even waste your time on that geek.

You got exposed for your noobness, not knowing that PRIDE MW = UFC LHW weight class. Then you try to spin it as if I'm the noob. Hilarious.

My statement was still correct. Anderson absorbed Pride's 183 division when he beat Hendo and Chael. You're the one who didn't even know Pride had a 183 division and that Hendo was the champ of it. I actually watched Anderson and Fedor and GSP fight throughout their careers. You learned about Fedor a few months ago and decided to start posting here. Again, you're welcome.

PS, you obviously have no idea who Busta is. Another example of you being a noob.

My statement was still correct. Anderson absorbed Pride's 183 division when he beat Hendo and Chael.

Except that's not what your statement was lol.

You wrote "PRIDE MW division", not "Pride's 183 division".

Like I said, all Henderson's great wins were at 205 or above.

Anderson didn't beat Hendo at 205.

I like this. Here's how I would fill it in

From those 5 fighters
One man on that list would beat every other listed. Bones
One would lose every fight. Aldo
One would lose against every other fighter except for one. GSP (If you think Silva beats him. I don't)
One would beat everyone else except for one. Silva (if you think he beats GSP. I don't)
The other would win 2 lose 2. (Georges beats Silva and Aldo, loses to Bones and Fedor) (Silva beats Fedor and Aldo, loses to Bones and GSP)

Yes, I realize it is circular with GSP beating Silva beating Fedor beating GSP. Fedor is just too big for GSP. He doesn't beat him with superior skill, just size. I know a ton of people will say Silva would kill Georges, but I don't think so at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back