**Who is the G.O.A.T.** w/poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this. Here's how I would fill it in

Yes, I realize it is circular with GSP beating Silva beating Fedor beating GSP. Fedor is just too big for GSP. He doesn't beat him with superior skill, just size. I know a ton of people will say Silva would kill Georges, but I don't think so at all.

You filled it in exactly how I was thinking.

Except that's not what your statement was lol.

You wrote "PRIDE MW division", not "Pride's 183 division".

Like I said, all Henderson's great wins were at 205 or above.

Anderson didn't beat Hendo at 205.

And I corrected myself. Since you're obsessed with that mistake, i'll rephrase: Anderson absorbed Pride's 183 division by beating Hendo and Chael. Statement still stands. You just want to hang onto it because you really don't know anything about Pride, the history of the weight divisions. You flat out don't know MMA history. And you're in a thread talking about greatest of all times? That's flat out trolling. You're probably still trying to find out who Busta is.

I like this. Here's how I would fill it in

Yes, I realize it is circular with GSP beating Silva beating Fedor beating GSP. Fedor is just too big for GSP. He doesn't beat him with superior skill, just size. I know a ton of people will say Silva would kill Georges, but I don't think so at all.

Fedor in his prime Fedor would absolutely manhandle Anderson. Anderson might have a small shot while Fedor moves in for the takedown, but it's a very small window of opportunity. Fedor would win 9/10.

And I corrected myself. Since you're obsessed with that mistake, i'll rephrase: Anderson absorbed Pride's 183 division by beating Hendo and Chael. Statement still stands. You just want to hang onto it because you really don't know anything about Pride, the history of the weight divisions. You flat out don't know MMA history. And you're in a thread talking about greatest of all times? That's flat out trolling. You're probably still trying to find out who Busta is.

No, I corrected you. Then you corrected yourself.

Anderson didn't absorb shit. He couldn't cut it himself in PRIDE's welterweight division and he never beat 205 Hendo.

GSP is the best WW of all time, but he lost a lot of people when he wanted the Diaz fight. Everyone knew it was going to be a 5 round washout and Hendricks was screwed over. GSP came close to losing to condit and it seems pretty likely that he will lose before 2014 with the new contenders lining up. He also hasn't really pushed himself and tested 185 while guys like Anderson and Fedor have fought people much larger than them in mass.

In GSPs defense, he took that Diaz fight from all the Diaz nut-huggers claiming he beat Condit. People are crazy if they buy the UFC hype machine and think Hendricks offers GSP anything. I think that Kos beat Hendricks, and I hate Kos. As far as Georges losing in the next few years, I don't see anyone (outside of Serra luck) that can beat him on the horizon. And I also don't think him moving up and fighting a low ranked MW (like Silva to Bonnar) does anything to help his vote. People would just bitch that he was dodging contenders. WW is too stacked for the champion to fight outside of the weight class.

Anderson didn't absorb shit. He couldn't cut it himself in PRIDE's welterweight division and he never beat 205 Hendo.

Now you're angry. I guess that's the last bastion for somebody who can't argue with reason. Well done MikeyNoob, you've outed yourself as someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. Anderson absorbed the Pride 183's with wins over Hendo and Chael.

Now you're angry. I guess that's the last bastion for somebody who can't argue with reason. Well done MikeyNoob, you've outed yourself as someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. Anderson absorbed the Pride 183's with wins over Hendo and Chael.

You've clearly run out of arguments so you're just gonna repeat the same thing over and over lol.

You've clearly run out of arguments so you're just gonna repeat the same thing over and over lol.

You've never countered what I said. You just got mad and said "no he didn't!" like a whiny child. But he did.

You've never countered what I said. You just got mad and said "no he didn't!" like a whiny child. But he did.

You can go Fighter A > Fighter B > Fighter C. But that doesn't work if Fighter C beat Fighter A.

Likewise, Anderson > Hendo > PRIDE WW division doesn't work because PRIDE WW spanked Anderson.

You can go Fighter A > Fighter B > Fighter C. But that doesn't work if Fighter C beat Fighter A.

Likewise, Anderson > Hendo > PRIDE WW division doesn't work because PRIDE WW spanked Anderson.

If all your saying is Hendo is better at 205 than 185 I don't even understand what this argument is about. I still think Anderson would've beat him wherever they fought though.

If it's in a line Fighter A > Fighter B > Fighter C is fine. Which is how Anderson's absorption of Pride 183 goes. The roads lead to Anderson. He consolidated them. Fedor on the other hand never consolidated anything. Cain has done more consolidating than Fedor.

If it's in a line Fighter A > Fighter B > Fighter C is fine. Which is how Anderson's absorption of Pride 183 goes. The roads lead to Anderson. He consolidated them. Fedor on the other hand never consolidated anything. Cain has done more consolidating than Fedor.

Why are you so worked up about consolidation? Anderson was better than Hendo the night they fought does that somehow erase the fact Silva lost In that division? Consolidation of belts is a cool stat but doesn't belong in a thread about the GOAT a win over Hendo means a lot more than consolidating a division, he could easily be in this discussion himself.

If you mean title consolidation, then say so, and stop talking about division absorption.

When has title consolidation ever been a measure of greatness?

Anderson beat Hendo who beat Chonan, yes, but the fact still remains that Anderson got beat by Chonan.

Why are you so worked up about consolidation? Anderson was better than Hendo the night they fought does that somehow erase the fact Silva lost In that division? Consolidation of belts is a cool stat but doesn't belong in a thread about the GOAT a win over Hendo means a lot more than consolidating a division, he could easily be in this discussion himself.

It's consolidation of wins. That's what rankings are based on. If there's a strong population of wins outside your grasp how can you be considered goat.

It's consolidation of wins. That's what rankings are based on. If there's a strong population of wins outside your grasp how can you be considered goat.

I think GOAT should be based on personal achievements not who the guys you beat defeated.

If you mean title consolidation, then say so, and stop talking about division absorption.

When has title consolidation ever been a measure of greatness?

Anderson beat Hendo who beat Chonan, yes, but the fact still remains that Anderson got beat by Chonan.

It's wins absorption. The basis of rankings.

I think GOAT should be based on personal achievements not who the guys you beat defeated.

Exactly. Obviously you want to beat people who have great wins and good rankings, but I guess this man thinks Rampage "absorbed" all Hendo's 205 wins when he beat him.

Anderson > Hendo > Chonan doesn't work because it's overruled by Chonan > Anderson.

Seldom login and as much as I loves me some GSP, Silva, Bones, Aldo and Bendo it behooves me make the extra effort to notch Fedor as the real king of MMA greatest:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back